Author Topic: Repubs sure do love to hate  (Read 5109 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Repubs sure do love to hate
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »
Interestingly enough, all the hate I see around here comes from those on the left...

Ironic isn't it.  Have you ever seen a thread title even remotely comparable from the right to some of Lanya's, Tee's, and pretty much every one of knute's?

Yes, I find this intriguing since I, regularly, post messages that are more evenly balanced, even some anti-Republican such as my latest on the Waning Power of the GOP.

So true, Professor.  I've also seen critical posts presented about the GOP & Bush from the likes of Ami, Plane, Bt, & Miss De.  When have you ever seen a critical post about the left from messers Lanya, Tee, Brass, (no need to even mention knute), that wasn't simply criticising them for not being fringe enough? such as not opposing the war, Bush, or the GOP hard enough?      ???
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »
 <<When have you ever seen a critical post about the left from messers Lanya, Tee, Brass, (no need to even mention knute), that wasn't simply criticising them for not being fringe enough? >>

That's a good point as far as I'm concerned (the others named can speak for themselves) but the flip side of the coin is when were those "balanced" posts of Ami, plane, BT and Missus D ever anything except criticism of the GOP for not being fringe right enough?  (I don't mention the Professor in that group only because he does seem to be fairly even-handed in his criticism.)

The other thing I want to say is that I come to this from what you might call a far-left perspective and I WILL criticize either or both parties if they aren't where I am on a particular topic.  That's only natural.  I don't see a two-party system with myself standing somewhere in the middle between them.  That WOULD call for a more even-handed approach.  Far as I am concerned this is a one-party system emphasizing minor factional splits to create an illusion of a two-party system.  So it's natural I'd criticize both factions, one for being way to the right and the other, to the left of the first one, for not being far enough to the left.  No mysteries there, sirs.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 11:50:16 PM »
That's a good point as far as I'm concerned (the others named can speak for themselves) but the flip side of the coin is when were those "balanced" posts of Ami, plane, BT and Missus D ever anything except criticism of the GOP for not being fringe right enough?  (I don't mention the Professor in that group only because he does seem to be fairly even-handed in his criticism.)

Well, most recently was my attack on "Intelligent Design." There have been many others. It's that whole "memory" thing again.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »
<<Well, most recently was my attack on "Intelligent Design." There have been many others. It's that whole "memory" thing again.>>

It's beyond memory.  I don't even follow the "Intelligent Design" threads any more.  The whole thing is such an obvious crock it's a waste of time and effort.  Like debating Flat Earthers.

I wasn't speaking of fringe issues like that anyway.  When was the last time a conservative other than the Professor attacked the GOP on a core conservative issue (Middle East, torture, civil rights, stolen elections, etc.)?  Other than to complain that they're not out far enough on the fringes?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
Is civil (equal) rights a core conservative issue?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
When was the last time a conservative other than the Professor attacked the GOP on a core conservative issue (Middle East, torture, civil rights, stolen elections, etc.)?  Other than to complain that they're not out far enough on the fringes?

Well, since you don't read all the threads, you can't possibly know, huh?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 01:38:01 AM »
When was the last time a conservative other than the Professor attacked the GOP on a core conservative issue (Middle East, torture, civil rights, stolen elections, etc.)?  Other than to complain that they're not out far enough on the fringes?

Well, since you don't read all the threads, you can't possibly know, huh?

Precisely.  And if I were to wager a guess, if he did happen to stumble upon them, he'd steer clear, for fear of giving any validation to the ojectivity of that poster.  In Tee's world, if they're conservative, they just have to be nut cases, with blanket support for anything and everything torture, war, racism, yada, blah, etc.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 03:16:26 AM »
<<I'd rethink that too. Who killed President McKinley?>>

Come off it!  Bill Clinton wasn't even born then.

If you want to limit this to recent leadership , can we count LBJ?

Or Carter?

Or Clinton?