Author Topic: There will be a ton more of these flipoids when the Iraqi killers come home  (Read 1886 times)

domer

This is a problem, primarily, of the mental health system albeit this man's entry point would have been through the VA network. I happen to believe a few things relevant to Knute's blood libel against the services. First, a strong U.S. Military is vital to the world's health. The excursion in Iraq was wrong, ham-handed, maybe imperialistically inspired, but we are there and are now obligated to make the best of a bad situation. All individuals who serve in the Army or Marines, in-country or out-, deserve our honor and respect -- til lost by behavior unbecoming a serviceman -- and get it from me as a matter of presumption. Any pre-existing or theater-created mental illness is a tragedy for all concerned. Adequate health resources should be a given. If one slips through the cracks, the individuals who let him slip, if any, should be held to account. Violent acting out by combat veterans, clearly a tiny minority of all those who serve, should not be tolerated under any circumstances, nor, to my mind, forgiven without sufficient atonement, if at all. But tarnishing the services generally is absurd, and renouncing their carrying out orders in an atmosphere of controversy does not, by the nature of things, detract from the honor due most.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:01:14 PM by domer »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Wow you must be a very sensitive guy.  I understand that often teachers, physicians, relatives and co-workers fail to pick it up. 

I'm sure they do.

Would you notice something amiss with your friend and their family? Do you notice if your friend is depressed or drinking more than normal? Maybe a little quick with the temper?

I have a friend who can tell what type of day i have had simply by how i say hello.

That happen to you?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
People are scarred by abuse and bad things that happen to them, traumatic things. They aren't all veterans.  Many are children, wives, husbands, just regular people who have a scar.  The troops who return shouldn't be vilified for their service. You know better than this, Knute. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

People are scarred by abuse and bad things that happen to them, traumatic things. They aren't all veterans.  Many are children, wives, husbands, just regular people who have a scar.  The troops who return shouldn't be vilified for their service. You know better than this, Knute. 

I am not vilifying them . I am one of them. I am vilifying those that turn some good people to evil killers. Some are heroes , like me!   ;D