Author Topic: In Case Anyone's Still Wondering Why Do They Hate Us . . .  (Read 5145 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: In Case Anyone's Still Wondering Why Do They Hate Us . . .
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 09:19:31 PM »
Even if your justification for hatred of the US rang true, and in my mind it doesn't, why should it matter?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »
<<Even if your justification for hatred of the US rang true, and in my mind it doesn't, why should it matter?>>

If 11 kids saw their mum shot, denied an ambulance by the killers and left to bleed to death, it would matter to me.  I mean, I would find it very disturbing.  If they blamed me for it, it would matter even more.

It obviously wouldn't matter at all to you.  I really can't tell you why it should.  We are just two very different kinds of people.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 10:44:36 PM »
If 11 kids saw their mum shot, denied an ambulance by the killers and left to bleed to death, it would matter to me.  I mean, I would find it very disturbing.  If they blamed me for it, it would matter even more.

Why would you take ownership of an occurence over which you had no control?

It's one thing to be sympathetic to the suffering of others, it is quite another to bask in guilt over actions you had no hand in.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 12:50:05 AM »
<<Why would you take ownership of an occurence over which you had no control?>>

Well, excuse me, BT, but in this case the U.S.A. has a good deal of control.  They can turn off the tap any time and Israel would be totally fucked.  This means they could have ended the occupation any time they wanted it to end.  Or if they turned off the tap and the occupation continued, then nobody could blame them since they  wouldn't be complicit any more.

<<It's one thing to be sympathetic to the suffering of others, it is quite another to bask in guilt over actions you had no hand in. >>

I didn't say I would bask in guilt, I said it would matter to me that they suffered what they did and it would matter even more if they blamed me for it.  Even if it weren't my fault, which is hardly the case with the US and Israel.  Why would it matter that I was blamed even if I had no hand in it?  I really don't know.  I guess as human beings I have to respect their judgment and their judgment is that I am guilty of something I didn't do.  Of course that matters - - who likes to be unjustly accused?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 12:54:11 AM »
I really don't know.  I guess as human beings I have to respect their judgment and their judgment is that I am guilty of something I didn't do.  Of course that matters - - who likes to be unjustly accused?

So why accept the judgment? What gives them the power to define you unjustly?