Author Topic: Grim future  (Read 2415 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Grim future
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »
<<Is it so obvious that we should ccept it sans evidence?>>

Yeah, I think so, unless you want to believe that Halliburton and the military-industrial complex are donating their goods and services to the cause for free and that high oil prices are BAD for the big oil companies.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
<<Is it so obvious that we should ccept it sans evidence?>>

Yeah, I think so, unless you want to believe that Halliburton and the military-industrial complex are donating their goods and services to the cause for free and that high oil prices are BAD for the big oil companies.

Pardon me for being a sceptic .

Haliburton is a huge company , Iraq is not that large to them , how much risk would you run to improve your income by 1/2%?
Big Oil benifits from high oil prices , and ti is proof of what? That they cause everything that raises oil prices? Does this prove that big oil writes Acmananejad's speeches?

Accepting as true anything that bolsters ones favoriate opinion is hardly scientific.

When dealing with sceptics one must bring proofs.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
<<When dealing with sceptics one must bring proofs.>>

Yeah, but I'm a skeptic too, plane.  I'm skeptical when the "President" says, "We must go to war because tiny little Iraq is able to menace our very lives with its weapons of mass destruction."

And I'm skeptical too when a "President" who has never shown the least scintilla of interest in bringing "democracy" to Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan or the West Bank or Jordan tells the world, "Well, yeah, there isn't a threat of WMD, but we must stay in Iraq because we need to bring them democracy."

And I'm a skeptic when someone tells me, "Sure, high oil prices might be good for Halliburton, but Halliburton couldn't possibly have any influence on the Bush adminsitration's Middle East plans."

And I'm a skeptic when someone tells me, "Sure it would be good for the U.S. to control the second biggest proven oil reserves in the world, but they'd never try to take them by force."

Hey, when you get right down to it, plane - - I'm just as big a skeptic as you claim to be.  More so, because I'm even skeptical when the U.S. government declares itself to be the single greatest force for peace, goodness and justice on this planet.  MAN, am I skeptical!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »
<<When dealing with sceptics one must bring proofs.>>

Yeah, but I'm a skeptic too, plane.  I'm skeptical when the "President" says, "We must go to war because tiny little Iraq is able to menace our very lives with its weapons of mass destruction."

Could you quote him directly? with a link , context is important.

And I'm skeptical too when a "President" who has never shown the least scintilla of interest in bringing "democracy" to Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan or the West Bank or Jordan tells the world, "Well, yeah, there isn't a threat of WMD, but we must stay in Iraq because we need to bring them democracy."

You wanted War with all of them at once? You are the hawkist hawk on Earth.

And I'm a skeptic when someone tells me, "Sure, high oil prices might be good for Halliburton, but Halliburton couldn't possibly have any influence on the Bush adminsitration's Middle East plans."

Haliburton does not depend on high oil prices , their involvement in the war was as a building , supplying contractor , there were few companys availible who could do the work , should Shlumberget have been considered?

And I'm a skeptic when someone tells me, "Sure it would be good for the U.S. to control the second biggest proven oil reserves in the world, but they'd never try to take them by force."

You are worried about Canadian oil?

Hey, when you get right down to it, plane - - I'm just as big a skeptic as you claim to be.  More so, because I'm even skeptical when the U.S. government declares itself to be the single greatest force for peace, goodness and justice on this planet.  MAN, am I skeptical!

Name a bigger one