Author Topic: Tell me again.....if the Dems had a "mandate"...  (Read 1611 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tell me again.....if the Dems had a "mandate"...
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:35 AM »
...to end the war, with their election win, and not only are they NOT following the constitutional route that specifically gives them the ability to do so by defunding the war, but now is pulling their "timelines" from the current War budget being readjusted, what mandate are they referring to again?  And what's with all that apparent garbage about bringing ethics back to DC??
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 06:33:28 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Tell me again.....if the Dems had a "mandate"...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »
That's what I'm asking them when I call them on the phone. Oh boy, do I.  People are so mad, it's not funny. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »
...to end the war, with their election win, and not only are they NOT following the constitutional route that specifically gives them the ability to do so by defunding the war, but now is pulling their "timelines" from the current War budget being readjusted, what mandate are they referring to again?  And what's with all that apparent garbage about bringing ethics back to DC??

It took the Bushidiot this long to completely fuck up the war on terror . It may take the Dems awhile to correct the fuck up, but they will.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:53:53 AM »
That's what I'm asking them when I call them on the phone. Oh boy, do I.  People are so mad, it's not funny. 

And yet, .........................................   :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

larry

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
Lets see, the voters gave the democrats a mandate to put the president on a short Lishe. The democrats sent Bush a mandate for a timeline withdraw from Iraq, which, the president chose to ignore, so, the democrats chose to ignore the mandate of the voters. Off course, Hillery and Obama voted NE, as if it matters. I've come to this conclusion. Everthing that happens in Washington, D.C. these days is to sell a product and the marketing techniques are always specious.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:57:40 PM »
Lets see, the voters gave the democrats a mandate to put the president on a short Lishe. The democrats sent Bush a mandate for a timeline withdraw from Iraq, which, the president chose to ignore, ......

With all due respect Larry, Congress is not the body that gets to dictate timelines, and so Bush had every reason and right to "ignore it".  The "mandate" that rests with the Legislative body is simply to fund or not to fund the war.  Timelines are completely the domain of the Executive Branch, I'm sorry to say

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »
With all due respect Larry, Congress is not the body that gets to dictate timelines, and so Bush had every reason and right to "ignore it".  The "mandate" that rests with the Legislative body is simply to fund or not to fund the war.  Timelines are completely the domain of the Executive Branch, I'm sorry to say

Actually, they could also vote to repeal the authorization for use of force as well.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »
Actually, they could also vote to repeal the authorization for use of force as well.

That they could.  And since the Dems have this supposed "mandate" that vote is scheduled ...when again?   ;)   But the war would still have their approval since they're continuing to fund it, no?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 12:54:57 AM »
I have to say that I'm extremely pissed.

I'm tired of being something akin to a beaten wife.  They continually take our money, support and votes and then turn their backs on us.  Not only have the Dems, with their majority, ignored the people who worked the hardest to put them back into power, but they've ignored the people who voted for them in order to get them to pull the plug or end the illegal invasion somehow but they've ignored the will of the majority of Americans but not pulling the plug, by not cutting off funding.

This is still strategy versus substance.  They are playing games.  Fuck the minimum wage increase.  I suspect that was added to give some Dems cover so they could say they had to vote yes because we wouldn't have gotten the mwi.  Fuck that mwi.  Pull the plug on this fucker.

Bush raped them and then took money out of their purse and they are claiming they are really going to get mad if he does it again.  They're invertebrate cowards. 

I'm outtie.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 03:07:20 AM »
I'm looking for someone else to run in 08 for congressman in my district. 
And I donated some money to a candidate out of my area, just because I'd like this person to win.  But I'm not giving any more to the one here (not that my donations were large in the least, I'm sure they won't miss them).
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.