Author Topic: best quote you recall in history  (Read 1410 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
best quote you recall in history
« on: May 25, 2007, 04:24:33 PM »
what qoutes do you remeber

mine is from the queen of mean-We Don't Pay Taxes. Only the Little People Pay Taxes.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: best quote you recall in history
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »
from Camillien Houde, the pro-Nazi mayor of Montreal, Quebec, who was interned during part of WWII for his pro-Axis views:

<<Your majesty, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and Madame Houde here thanks you from her bottom too."  [to King George VI during his visit to Canada in 1939. ]  - Wikipedia

<<You know, some of that cheering is for you too.>>   [ Commenting on cheering crowds to King George VI and Queen Elizabeth during their 1939 visit to Montreal.] - Wikipedia

Baseball was the French-Canadians' pro sport and football was the Anglo-Saxons' in Montreal, but the Anglos had a tradition that the Mayor of Montreal would place-kick the first ball of every season, so they invited Houde, who after the kick addressed the crowd in his heavily accented English, "It was a real pleasure for me to come here [to an English area] and kick your balls for you this afternoon and if you ever want me to kick your balls again, just call me up and I'll be here."

[It was commonly understood that the mayor spoke much better English than he let on and that he knew exactly what he was saying.]

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: best quote you recall in history
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 02:47:14 AM »
Attention is Destiny. -------Sun Tzu

It's been 4 years since I've read that and I'm still thinking about it. 

I just read this today and like it.:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.