Author Topic: Cynthia McKinney  (Read 1957 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cynthia McKinney
« on: May 30, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
The lady had a great Memorial Day speech.  It's on CounterPunch and probably elsewhere.  THAT'S who oughtta be President.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Cynthia McKinney
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »
...or the opening act at the Improv       ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »
The lady had a great Memorial Day speech.  It's on CounterPunch and probably elsewhere.  THAT'S who oughtta be President.

I don't know , she is pretty hot tempered.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:25:29 PM »
Harry Truman was pretty hot tempered too.  Didn't hurt his Presidency.  I remember when he wanted to punch out some music critic who slammed his daughter's performance.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »
Harry Truman was pretty hot tempered too.  Didn't hurt his Presidency.  I remember when he wanted to punch out some music critic who slammed his daughter's performance.

You consider Harry Trueman a success?

Harry , who is still the only human being to use a Atom bomb?

I guess there is a good side to makeing our commander in cheif sorta hot tempered.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »

Sure, let's elect a person who rarely thinks before they act, has the analysis power of a snail, is not all that intelligent, aggressively fuels negative emotions in her base in a hateful manner, acts as if they are above the law, thinks they are immune to any and all rules and is blatantly anti-Semiitic and a racist.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:05:12 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:25 AM »
<<Sure, let's elect a person who rarely thinks before they act . . . >>

What's THAT based on?

<< . . .  has the analysis power of a snail>>

Did you read her Memorial Day speech?  The analysis is dead-on.  I don't know, if you're just gonna reflexly throw mud at the mere mention of her name, you're doing her and yourself an injustice.  Why not read the speech and tell me what particular analysis was done on snail-power?  I sure as hell didn't see any.

<< . . .  is not all that intelligent>>

You know, she's come a long way on her own power, unlike all those white politicians born with a silver spoon in their mouths, the current "President" most egregiously.  A little more respect just might be in order here.

<< aggressively fuels negative emotions in her base in a hateful manner>>

Well, THAT'S unique alright.  And this distinguishes her from her Republican opponents how?  And more importantly, would you like to produce any examples of that?

<< act as if they are above the law, thinks they are immune to any and all rules >>

And in all her life she's never been caught even once and sent to jail?  I know people who think the way you claim she does and believe me, sooner or later the law of averages catches up with them as it does with everybody and they go to jail.  Care to explain why a person with such a blatant disregard of the law and no high-level connections to protect her (as for example, your "President" has had on numerous occasions) has managed to keep her ass out of jail lo these many years?

<<. . . and is blatantly anti-Semiitic>>

How so?  Because she opposes the stranglehold that the Israeli lobby has on the U.S. government?  Personally I think that is a very unhealthy relationship and is bound to lead eventually to a gigantic anti-Semitic backlash.  I'd like to see their influence ended myself, and that's not anti-Semitism, it's pure self-preservation.  They need to stop leeching off the U.S. and the U.S. needs to get their hand out of its cookie jar.

<< . . .  and a racist. >>

Never heard a racist word out of her.  What'd she do?  What'd she say?  Is she more racist than Trent Lott?  More racist than Senator Macacawitz?  More racist than Don Imus?  Inquiring minds need to know.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 12:20:46 AM »
You know, she's come a long way on her own power, unlike all those white politicians born with a silver spoon in their mouths, the current "President" most egregiously.  A little more respect just might be in order here.

Just so you know, her family has been in local politics almost as long as the Bush's. She is second generation, they are third.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »
<<Just so you know, her family has been in local politics almost as long as the Bush's. She is second generation, they are third. >>

Thanks for pointing that out, but I still feel that comparing her advantages with Bush's would be like comparing the GDP's of the USA and Botswana.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 12:37:26 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out, but I still feel that comparing her advantages with Bush's would be like comparing the GDP's of the USA and Botswana.

You are looking at the issue from a financial standpoint. Look at it from a name recognition stand point.

And she squandered that legacy. Everytime she faced a serious dem challenger she lost. She no longer matches the profile of her district. Time has passed her by.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »
<<And she squandered that legacy. Everytime she faced a serious dem challenger she lost. >>

IIRC, her last loss or the last two, were due to big AIPAC money coming in to her opponent.  That's sad and that's dangerous.

<<She no longer matches the profile of her district. >>

That's a shame for her district.

<<Time has passed her by. >>

People get bad breaks, make some bad decisions, miss the boat.  Doesn't mean that they're stupid and doesn't mean they've got nothing to say.  I liked what I read and if everything you say is true about matching the profile of her district, time passing her by, etc., I think she ought to look for a bigger or smarter district, maybe take it up a notch.  She's got a lot of things to say that oughtta be heard.  Too bad for a country that doesn't want to listen.  She oughtta stay in the ring.  IMHO.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 01:08:03 AM »
Her district is comprised of black urban professionals. That is what has changed.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 01:12:23 AM »
Throughout my career, we have proudly brought blacks and whites, Asians, and Latinos together.-Cynthia McKinney

Well no , that isn't true.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »
Innocent Afghanis die today so that the U.S. can control both the heroin and the oil trades.
-Cynthia McKinney

Eeeww....

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 01:27:22 AM »
<<Throughout my career, we have proudly brought blacks and whites, Asians, and Latinos together.-Cynthia McKinney

<<Well no , that isn't true.>>

Sure it's true.  Check out her website.  There's a photo of her hugging two white women during a fundraiser in LA for KPFA (hope I got the call letters right, I think it's what used to be Pacifica Radio.)

She brought the good whites and the good Asians and the good Latinos together with the good blacks.  The bad ones stayed on the outside and attacked her from there.