Author Topic: We took lessons from the Soviets and Chinese on torture  (Read 21060 times)

gipper

Re: We took lessons from the Soviets and Chinese on torture
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:11 PM »
Prince doth protest too much. I'll chalk him up as a "yes" (he would torture under certain circumstances) on the question designed to differentiate between absolute opponents of torture, like JS legitimately (but wrongly) is, and those (like Prince) who would do it just if you could present him with a near-perfect scenario. Still object, tenderfoot? Too bad, you've been interviewed. If you want to alternate between coy like an over-eager debutante or enraged (your usual mode) like an avatar of righteousness, please stifle yourself. The intent here as elsewhere is mature, intelligent discussion.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: We took lessons from the Soviets and Chinese on torture
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »

The intent here as elsewhere is mature, intelligent discussion.

Then why don't you try mature, intelligent discussion rather than the arrogantly sophomoric "you just don't understand" manner you've been using?

I'll chalk him up as a "yes" (he would torture under certain circumstances) on the question designed to differentiate between absolute opponents of torture, like JS legitimately (but wrongly) is, and those (like Prince) who would do it just if you could present him with a near-perfect scenario. Still object, tenderfoot? Too bad, you've been interviewed.

I submit that the interviewer does not know what he is doing since he apparently doesn't know how the person interviewed has responded to the questions. You are quite wrong about my position. I suggest you try paying attention.

If you want to alternate between coy like an over-eager debutante or enraged (your usual mode) like an avatar of righteousness, please stifle yourself. The intent here as elsewhere is mature, intelligent discussion.

As best I can tell, you are considerably less interested in discussion than you are in trying to establish your dominance. I have nothing to prove, to you especially. So I'll just wait here till you're feeling more secure.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--