Author Topic: "Truth Matters"  (Read 16086 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Truth Matters"
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 03:45:42 AM »
Plane,
Are you aware of the Libby jury's racial makeup without resorting to Google? 

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 09:09:04 AM »
Plane,
Are you aware of the Libby jury's racial makeup without resorting to Google? 

Nope , I do not know the racial makeup of the Jury at this point.

I know that one of them is white because he is the one who I have been quoting and his picture was on one of the sites.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
Ten are white, two are black.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
<<Ten are white, two are black. >>

Leaving plane the task of explaining how a jury, even  a "DC jury" with TEN WHITES is incapable of delivering an honest verdict based on the evidence.  (Translation, an acquittal of Libby despite the evidence)This is a tougher problem than originally contemplated . . . .  hmm,

. . . the Judge!!  of course, the Judge!!  She didn't happen, by any chance, to, er, be of the Negro Persuasion, did she?  This whole fiasco, the unanimous verdict including TEN WHITE VOTES, it can all be blamed on the judge.  Oh happy day.  I knew the man was innocent.  I read all the letters.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
. . . the Judge!!  of course, the Judge!!  She didn't happen, by any chance, to, er, be of the Negro Persuasion, did she?  This whole fiasco, the unanimous verdict including TEN WHITE VOTES, it can all be blamed on the judge.  Oh happy day.  I knew the man was innocent.  I read all the letters.

Yes, he is black; hence my "Uncle Tom" quote from yesterday.

Because he is obviously in the pay of the Republicans - he was appointed by Bush, and gave Libby 1/10 of the jail time he could have...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

gipper

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 02:18:03 PM »
The jury did properly what juries do: reach a defensible verdict on a reasonable-doubt standard, as instructed. The flaw in the proceedings came with a perhaps errant nonuse of prosecutorial discretion, or the imposition of a sentence that seems not to match Libby's responsibility for damage caused in the overall "caper" and, more pertinently, to the investigation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 02:39:03 PM »
Ten are white, two are black.

This is pertanant for some reason?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 02:56:29 PM »
<<This is pertanant for some reason?>>

Yeah, the reason being your crack about a "DC jury."   Most people would understand that to be a coded attack on black jurors.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 03:04:32 PM »

Yeah, the reason being your crack about a "DC jury."   Most people would understand that to be a coded attack on black jurors.

I don't know this code.
Where did you learn it?

DC is as I have stated an industry town , famous as a liberal town and heavyly Democratic.

Now that you have brought it up I do suppose that race might have made a diffrence if the circumstances allowed me to assume racism on the part of the jury .

I was not doing that , you are reading your own thoughts between the lines.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 03:15:21 PM »

Must be a different code book than the one I use.

DC is filled with liberals. Black ones, white ones, yellow ones, red ones, etc.

Even the self-described conservatives in DC lean pretty far left...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

Must be a different code book than the one I use.  DC is filled with liberals. Black ones, white ones, yellow ones, red ones, etc.  Even the self-described conservatives in DC lean pretty far left...

But Tee just knows it was about Race, because....................Tee just knows these things. Kinda like how he knows the killing of an AlQeada leader is bogus.  He just knows.  Tee-leaf stuff again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
But Tee just knows it was about Race, because....................Tee just knows these things. Kinda like how he knows the killing of an AlQeada leader is bogus.  He just knows.  Tee-leaf stuff again

Well, I'm guessing that he inferred it was about race because DC is a southern city. And we know that all people who live in the southern US are racists.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

Well, I'm guessing that he inferred it was about race because DC is a southern city. And we know that all people who live in the southern US are racists.

Oh, absolutely.  And don't forget, All republicans want women to die of cancer.  Boy, I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Southern Republican, from like....South Carolina
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »

Oh, absolutely.  And don't forget, All republicans want women to die of cancer.  Boy, I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Southern Republican, from like....South Carolina

I don't know but....

... MT seems to think that most people know this code. I have never heard anyone speak of a code at all unless thay were speaking of someone elese.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »
<<... MT seems to think that most people know this code. >>

Yeah, well that's a little more realistic than pretending not to know what I'm talking about.

<<I have never heard anyone speak of a code at all unless thay were speaking of someone elese.>>

Maybe that's because everyone you talk to uses the same code.  To them, it's not a code any more, it's a language.

I find it interesting to see the level of denial that most Americans seem to practice with regard to their own country:  there is no class system in America, there is no racism in America, there is no one-party state in America.  A "DC jury" means a jury drawn from a "company town" even though most of the jury pool wouldn't work for the company anyway and despite the fact that the black urban underclass of the District is like the black urban underclass of any other large U.S. city.