Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
China
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6729557.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5086416.stm

This months National Geographic has a good article about liveing as a capitolist Chineese.

China is growing and building , but it is not comfortable or free.

With the people so able and so energetic , someday they will decide forthemselves wha their fair share is.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:54:24 AM by Plane »

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: China
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
My daughter is currently in China for a month on a school trip. Her college requires a multi-cultural experience before they can graduate. She emailed me jsut the other dya from Beijing and said the pollution is so bad, they can barely see the sky.

So, is the price you pay for progress and capitalism?
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »
Pollution's pretty bad right here in Toronto.  Sometimes when you drive into Toronto from the North, you can see the whole toxic mass just hanging over the city like soup.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 03:07:56 PM »
My daughter is currently in China for a month on a school trip. Her college requires a multi-cultural experience before they can graduate. She emailed me jsut the other dya from Beijing and said the pollution is so bad, they can barely see the sky.

So, is the price you pay for progress and capitalism?

Progress maybe , the Communist world included a lot of superfund sites , but no superfund and no public notice.

So it isn't Capitolism .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »
Pollution's pretty bad right here in Toronto.  Sometimes when you drive into Toronto from the North, you can see the whole toxic mass just hanging over the city like soup.

Interesting.

Sounds worse than the US. We only have three cities that I know of that are that bad, and we're much larger.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)