Author Topic: Republicans and evangelicals  (Read 37200 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Republicans and evangelicals
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
Marriage is a sacrament Lanya and should not be entered into in this case (in my opinion). Being socially acceptable or feeling that one has a social duty is not enough to make a marriage.

But the problem exists: If you reach "a certain age" which is different for men and women, for ethnic groups too I guess,  you get asked a lot why you aren't married.  Men get passed over for jobs, I hear, because they aren't married.  Haven't shown they have the stability of a family.   Single women are called dykes.  Single men are either "confirmed bachelors" or the question arises if they are gay or not.

So many people do get married even though they shouldn't, they aren't attracted to the opposite sex.  Then the families are happy, the people aren't socially ostracized, they can move up in their jobs, etc.   

I fail to see how homosexuality could be thought of as a choice one makes.   It is just too hard a life to choose freely.  I maintain one is born that way and struggles to deal with it the rest of one's life. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2006, 03:25:54 PM »
You'll not get an argument from me Lanya. As we discussed earlier, at that point when one becomes aware of their sexual interests, it isn't as though you stop and think about it.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2006, 04:28:07 PM »

I fail to see how homosexuality could be thought of as a choice one makes.   It is just too hard a life to choose freely.  I maintain one is born that way and struggles to deal with it the rest of one's life. 

Well, that's 1 opinion
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »
No the use of callous is in reference to your language. You don't "indicate" anything. You just keep repeating the same line as if it were true. You don't even bother to answer questions that are asked.

LOL.....YOU'RE the one who maintains that apparent attraction towards another is tantamount to fulfilling our biological need to reproduce Js.  YOU'RE the one trying to imply because I think Phobe Cates is attractive I must want to have sex with her, thus disobeying Jesus' commands, thus committing "Adultery".  Am I not correct??
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:57:42 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2006, 04:39:19 PM »
You win Sirs.

Well done.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
You win Sirs.  Well done.

I didn't realize this was a contest, but ok

Mucho

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2006, 01:51:44 PM »