Author Topic: Monsignor Alan Placa  (Read 2004 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Monsignor Alan Placa
« on: June 23, 2007, 10:58:21 PM »
  []

Giuliani employs his childhood friend Monsignor Alan Placa as a consultant at Giuliani Partners despite a 2003 Suffolk County, N.Y., grand jury report that accuses Placa of sexually abusing children, as well as helping cover up the sexual abuse of children by other priests. Placa, who was part of a three-person team that handled allegations of abuse by clergy for the Diocese of Rockville Centre, is referred to as Priest F in the grand jury report. The report summarizes the testimony of multiple alleged victims of Priest F, and then notes, "Ironically, Priest F would later become instrumental in the development of Diocesan policy in response to allegations of sexual abuse of children by priests." [...]

Placa has worked for Giuliani Partners since 2002. As of June 2007, he remains on the payroll. "He is currently employed here," Giuliani spokeswoman Sunny Mindel confirmed to Salon, adding that Giuliani "believes Alan has been unjustly accused."
[]

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/06/22/placa/print.html
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Monsignor Alan Placa
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 11:20:59 PM »
So is this aimed at Placa or Rudy?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 11:25:06 PM »
Forget the trial. A grand jury says he might have committed a crime, and he's automatically guilty.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:01:06 AM »
So is this aimed at Placa or Rudy?

Rude doe seem to be a bit of a perv himself. I didnt think good Itay mackeral snappers were supposed to get divorced either.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
Rude doe seem to be a bit of a perv himself. I didnt think good Itay mackeral snappers were supposed to get divorced either.

Why not? What is sacred about marriage. Heck, what is marriage?

Mucho

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »

Why not? What is sacred about marriage. Heck, what is marriage?

U OK? You've been saying a lot of weird leftwing stuff lately?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 11:07:43 AM »

Yeah I'm fine. Just became a grandpa.

fatman

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 11:11:57 AM »
What is sacred about marriage.

A lot, whether it be a marriage of the opposite or a marriage of the same sex.  It is a bond joined under the eyes of God, at least the moral part of it is.

Heck, what is marriage?

Ideally, a committed bond between two people who love, care, and commit to one another.  It doesn't always work out that way, but it's the ideal.

Knutes crudeness regarding Catholics aside, I'm glad that even a liberal Republican can bridge the gap to bring a priest on board.  I would guess that if there was sufficient evidence to charge the Monsignor, he would have been charged.  Funny how in the election of 1960 one candidate's Catholicism was a major issue (the other candidate was Quaker), yet today it is a non issue for one candidate but the Mormonism of another is a major issue.  Sometimes we as a country and society don't progress as far or as fast as we would like to believe.  I wish that a candidate could get through the primaries without pandering to the more extreme elements of the party (a la Giuliani's and Romney's flip flopping), but, as Burl Ives proclaimed in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, mendacity is a system in which we live.

Back to the marriage thing:  some theologies believe that same sex is sanctioned and should be honored the same as an opposite sex marriage, some don't.  I guess it's just a case of what you believe.

fatman

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 11:13:43 AM »
Congrats BT!  I'll be an uncle for the first time in about three months.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
Ideally, a committed bond between two people who love, care, and commit to one another.  It doesn't always work out that way, but it's the ideal.

Why are you restricting it to two people?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

fatman

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »
Why are you restricting it to two people?

I'm not restricting it to anything, other than how it applies to my personal life.  Biblically, there were a lot of polygamous marriages, this was common in a lot of cultures.  In the culture of today however, it is generally restricted to two people.  When society sees the need or has the desire for cultural change, that change will occur, as we are seeing with gay marriage.  Who is to say that 200 years from now polygamy will not be the norm?  Culture, and society, like a lot of other things, has a tendency to evolve.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »
Hey Grandpa, I'm jealous!  Congratulations, that is a beautiful baby.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 04:16:15 PM »
Awww- Being a grandpa has enabled you to see beyond only your beloved tax cuts I see.

Yeah I'm fine. Just became a grandpa.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 05:27:06 PM »
<<Why are you restricting it to two people?>>

I don't think George Carlin did.  "We have to remember, people, a loving sexual relationship between two people is one of the greatest gifts the Universe can bestow upon us. [pause . . . ]  But between FIVE people?  That's HEAVY."

[Ami's next question:  Why are you restricting it to five people?]

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 07:05:22 PM »
[Ami's next question:  Why are you restricting it to five people?]

Yup.

I say: get the government out of the marriage business, and let people make up their own rules about marriage.

If that's 10 people, or thirty, or 2. It's none of the government's business.