Author Topic: 52% would not vote for Hillary under any circumstance  (Read 793 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
52% would not vote for Hillary under any circumstance
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
According to a new Mason-Dixon survey, given exclusively to NBC/MSNBC and McClatchy newspapers, Clinton is the only major presidential candidate -- either Democrat and Republican -- for whom a majority of likely general election voters say they would not consider voting. In addition, she's the only candidate who registers with a net-unfavorable rating.

In the poll, 48% say they would consider voting for Clinton versus 52% who say they wouldn't. By comparison, majorities signal they would consider voting for all other major presidential candidates or possible candidates: Giuliani (64%-36%), Fred Thompson (62%-38%), Bloomberg (61%-39%), Obama (60%-40%), Edwards (59%-41%), McCain (58%-42%), Biden (57%-43%), Richardson (57%-43%), Huckabee (56%-44%), and Romney (54%-46%).

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/06/28/248165.aspx

------------------------------

It looks like any Republican would beat Hillary with her high negatives.

But, Fred/Rudy looks like the best bet in 2008.

Conservatives really came through by killing the amnesty bill by pounding their representatives. According to Drudge, they shut down the senate's telephone lines. It seems to me that they would also rally behind Fred as the presidential candidate, but would have concerns and would not come out in full force for Rudy if he were the nominee. Therefore, put Rudy on as the Vice President. Problem solved.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: 52% would not vote for Hillary under any circumstance
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:41:51 PM »
I saw her debating
it`s actually quite funny
she talks like a kennedy but uses bill`s hand gesture.
she`s never talked like that before

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
Hillary is a Frankenstein monster of poll-driven drivel that she neither cares about nor ever will in any way.

I talked to some women yesterday who are pretty much what I call "surface watchers" in regard to politics.  They're combining the feel good feelings of the Bill Clinton presidency with the practiced and polished persona who allegedly did well in the debates the other night and now they're Hillary supporters.

When they said they liked her "positions", I asked them about her position on the "war" and they said they could live with it.

When I asked them about her position on health care, they were all for her, so I told them she was the number two recipient of health care industry money.

They didn't get mad at Hillary, they got mad at me.  "Why do you hate Hillary so much?"  "Why are you trying to shoot her down?"

I told them that they have to look beyond what's on TV and into her actions.  Her strategic nature and how it completely wrecked the 2004 elections by undermining Dean so she could run now and so forth.

Lastly, I asked, "What if Al Gore was running against her?"  Their replies were the same.  "I'd vote him any time over her.  I would love to correct 2000."

Also, did anyone see the story about a poll that posed the hypothetical race of Clinton vs Gore in the primary and Gore won?

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/06/27/clinton_leads_in_new_hampshire_but_gore_would_win.html

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 04:03:13 PM »
In the poll, 48% say they would consider voting for Clinton versus 52% who say they wouldn't. By comparison, majorities signal they would consider voting for all other major presidential candidates or possible candidates: Giuliani (64%-36%), Fred Thompson (62%-38%), Bloomberg (61%-39%), Obama (60%-40%), Edwards (59%-41%), McCain (58%-42%), Biden (57%-43%), Richardson (57%-43%), Huckabee (56%-44%), and Romney (54%-46%).

It looks like any Republican would beat Hillary with her high negatives.

But, Fred/Rudy looks like the best bet in 2008.

==============================================================
Hillary has been the object of the most concentrated bilious attacks by the ratwing that have ever been launched for over 10 years now.

Giuliani's actua;l positions are not really well known, and neither was his rather dictatorial manner of governance when he was mayor. Bloomberg has been a much better mayor.

Fred Thompson has a deep voice, but he has few positions that are well known on anything, and he's bald.

If the polls ran a Cheney-Hillary possible race, Hillary would beat the crap out of the Big Dick.
When Juniorbush won in 2000, they were talking about how Cheney would follow him. But I doubt that there is any chance of this.

A Hillary presidency would be no worse than a Bill Clinton presidency, less Monica, and coulkd easily be a lot better.

Nothing could possibly be worse than Juniorbush, except Cheney.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."