Author Topic: Al Gore Facts  (Read 9307 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Al Gore Facts
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2007, 12:48:28 PM »
You're dealing with ideology.

I'm dealing with practicality. In reality, where the rubber meets the road, I'm correct.

In an ivory tower amongst CATO institute academics in a debate with Brookings institute academics...you may or may not win the debate.

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2007, 06:17:32 PM »
Healthcare is NOT a proviso for providing for the common defense.   Providing for the common defense is providing for the common defense.  Veterens no longer in war, and those who will no longer be able due to injury are not providing for the common defense

Care to try again?

Pends on how you consider it.

It is a promise made in the contract between a soldier and the government , so it was a part of the defense as long as it was persuedeing the soldier not to seek other work.

When president Lincon promised to bind the wounds of those who carred the eight of the battle and his widow and his orphan it seemed like a good idea at the time.

President Nixon thought that universal healh care was a good idea , what was the opposition to this notion back then ?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 06:23:20 PM »
Healthcare is NOT a proviso for providing for the common defense.   Providing for the common defense is providing for the common defense.  Veterens no longer in war, and those who will no longer be able due to injury are not providing for the common defense

It is a promise made in the contract between a soldier and the government , so it was a part of the defense as long as it was persuedeing the soldier not to seek other work.

You're reaching there, Plane, though I'm inclined to consider it

President Nixon thought that universal healh care was a good idea , what was the opposition to this notion back then ?

It would have had mine (opposition)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle