Author Topic: Michael Moore Blasts Wolf Blitzer...It's GREAT!!!  (Read 8305 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Michael Moore Blasts Wolf Blitzer...It's GREAT!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
Comparing the US healthcare system with the Golden Gate Bridge and the Eiffel Tower is absurd.

The fact is that the system costs more than any other country's, it is far from keeping people as healthy. This is obvious due to the differences in infant mortality and the average age of death rates, which can be compared between countries accurately. Drugs cost far more in the US than anywhere else, and they are constantly raising prices on even generics.

Since you are so bloody smart, make your own documentary. Plan your own system.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
This is obvious due to the differences in infant mortality and the average age of death rates, which can be compared between countries accurately.

So, you have evidence that these numbers are being reported consistently between countries?

I seem to remember evidence posted here that stuff like a doctor trying to resuscitate a premature baby is reported as an infant mortality in the US, but as a miscarriage in most European countries.

Seems to make your point a bit muddy.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 04:03:25 PM »
    It has been said before that democracy is two lambs and three wolves voteing on what to have for dinner , as our nation gets older will it not become inevitable that the voteing block in favor of public financeing for health care will grow?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
It has been said before that democracy is two lambs and three wolves voteing on what to have for dinner , as our nation gets older will it not become inevitable that the voteing block in favor of public financeing for health care will grow?

It will as more and more of those who'd be the recipients of said healthcare are off the hook for paying for any of it.  Why wouldn't they think such a program is peachy keen, when it's OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY paying for it.  And thus no disincentive what-so-ever in using said system for a simple sniffle, or for the middle class who's just barely making ends meet, with their tax burdens, having to put in their increased taxes in order to provide heatlhcare for folks like Limbaugh, Gates, Murdoch, and their families.

OPMS, coming in a close 2nd to those inflicted with BDS
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »

It will as more and more of those who'd be the recipients of said healthcare are off the hook for paying for any of it.  Why wouldn't they think such a program is peachy keen, when it's OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY paying for it.  And thus no disincentive what-so-ever in using said system for a simple sniffle, or for the middle class who's just barely making ends meet, with their tax burdens, having to put in their increased taxes in order to provide heatlhcare for folks like Limbaugh, Gates, Murdoch, and their families.

OPMS, coming in a close 2nd to those inflicted with BDS

It is really Nixons Idea, so why should there be a Republican objection?
   Is the question to ask whether it should be tried , or whether when it is tried , we will be able to make it work?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »
.....OPMS, coming in a close 2nd to those inflicted with BDS

Because I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative.  It was wrong then, and it's still wrong now.  But if enough folks think so highly of it, then by all means, amend the damn Constitution

Is the question to ask whether it should be tried , or whether when it is tried , we will be able to make it work?

The former, as the latter has largely been answered, IMHO
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »

Comparing the US healthcare system with the Golden Gate Bridge and the Eiffel Tower is absurd.

Which explains why no one made that comparison. I think you missed the point of my post.

Plan your own system.

The beauty of decentralized systems is that neither I nor anyone else has to plan them. They arise through the efforts and cooperation of individuals working at the level of their own local communities. Get with the times, bub. Think outside the authoritarian box.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2007, 01:19:55 AM »
.....OPMS, coming in a close 2nd to those inflicted with BDS

Because I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative.  It was wrong then, and it's still wrong now.  But if enough folks think so highly of it, then by all means, amend the damn Constitution

The former, as the latter has largely been answered, IMHO

When it was Nixon's notion there must have been liberal objection to it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2007, 02:03:49 AM »
When it was Nixon's notion there must have been liberal objection to it.

I suppose, though honestly, I don't recall 1 way or the other

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
"The entire program would become effective in 1976, assuming that the plan is promptly enacted by the Congress. "

President Richard Nixon

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4337

Unfortunately Mr Nixon was saddled with a Democratic congress that wasn't interested in makeing "tricky Dick" look good.

Cynthia

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »
Michael Moore consistently has some sort of "need to blast"... as if he lacks the skill to calmly "discuss" any topic with regard to the government. There's such an underlying hate fueling his rant that's it's hard to take the guy seriously.
 I saw nothing "great" about his "BlasT". Wolf maintained his composure during the entire interview, while also reminding MM that CNN shows previews of his "Sicko" (along with commercials for Pharmies...ect).   $ is $

Watching and listening to MM is like trying to enjoy a good baseball game with the big yellow chicken mascot dancing and blocking one's view the entire game. There's no way to see the facts through the rant and "fat ass rave". By the end of the game maybe, just maybe you got to see one good  hit...maybe a run...but mostly errors.

It redirects the debate into a field of left vs right instead of the critical subject at hand. ...How the hell do we improve heathcare in this country?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
It redirects the debate into a field of left vs right instead of the critical subject at hand. ...How the hell do we improve heathcare in this country?

Get as much of Government intervention, especially at the Federal level, out of it as possible.  Some regulations & oversight, fine, but allow the Private sector, and more so, indivduals handle their own healthcare how they see fit, not how the Government sees fit