Author Topic: Vitter gets applause at Capitol  (Read 8245 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vitter gets applause at Capitol
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
Vitter Flashback: Clinton should resign.

Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) first got his start in Congress after replacing former Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA), who ?abruptly resigned after disclosures of numerous affairs? in 1998. At the time, Vitter argued that an extramarital affair was grounds for resignation:

?I think Livingston?s stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess,? he said. [Atlanta Journal and Constitution, 12/20/98]

Digg It!  July 10, 2007 10:23 am | Commen

Mucho

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Vitter Flashback: Clinton should resign.

Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) first got his start in Congress after replacing former Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA), who ?abruptly resigned after disclosures of numerous affairs? in 1998. At the time, Vitter argued that an extramarital affair was grounds for resignation:

?I think Livingston?s stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess,? he said. [Atlanta Journal and Constitution, 12/20/98]

Digg It!  July 10, 2007 10:23 am | Commen

Looks like ami isnt satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »
"...to impeach a president because he got a blowjob..."

That is a lie, you know.

Don't you?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/10/vitter-flashback-clinton-should-resign/

http://guerillawomentn.blogspot.com/2007/07/hookergate-goper-tells-vitter-to-resign.html

Sen. David Vitter -- the Republican Senator who confessed to being a client of the DC Madam's call girl service -- should resign, according to a GOP official. Vitter should resign "for his own good, the good of the party and the good of his family," or else he should just "join the Democratic Party where they think that kind of behavior is OK," says Vincent Bruno of the Louisiana Republican State Central Committee.

Seems right both times , Vitter has got to go , Clinton doesn't need morals because he is a Democrat.

I can imagine mitigateing curcumstances , but I haven't seen them being offered yet , it would be good for the Party and the nation if Vitter were to resign, he should remember the validity of his argument in 98 and accept his own wiser counsel.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 04:25:58 PM »
How is it a lie?  No blowjob, no investigation.  No investigation, no lie.  No lie, no impeachment.  The Republicans set a process in motion because of a blowjob.  It lead directly to an impeachment.  That's what they thought of the progress of the state.  It was important, but it took second place to a fucking blowjob.  THAT'S how important they feel such things are.  So whoring around in a diaper must  be important too, right?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 04:26:55 PM »
Seems right both times , Vitter has got to go , Clinton doesn't need morals because he is a Democrat.  I can imagine mitigateing curcumstances , but I haven't seen them being offered yet , it would be good for the Party and the nation if Vitter were to resign, he should remember the validity of his argument in 98 and accept his own wiser counsel.

100% dead on, Plane       8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »
<<100% dead on, Plane>>

from the same guy who thought Ami was 100% dead on with his bullshit timeline.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 04:35:03 PM »
How is it a lie?  No blowjob, no investigation.  No investigation, no lie.  No lie, no impeachment.  The Republicans set a process in motion because of a blowjob.  It lead directly to an impeachment.  That's what they thought of the progress of the state.  It was important, but it took second place to a fucking blowjob.  THAT'S how important they feel such things are.  So whoring around in a diaper must  be important too, right?

< No blowjob, no investigation>

Not true, it was not Monica Lewinsky that brought suit against Bill Clinton. None of the counts against him in court depended on his behavior with Monica Lewinski. There are people repeateing this who really know better, but who are willing to participate in the furtherance of this politicily usefull fabrication.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:38:58 PM by Plane »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
<<100% dead on, Plane>>

from the same guy who thought Ami was 100% dead on with his bullshit timeline.

You mean he didn't join congress in '99?  Wow, I wonder who managed to alter that history??     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 04:38:57 PM »
How is it a lie?  No blowjob, no investigation.  No investigation, no lie.  No lie, no impeachment.

You are grossly misinformed.

The lie took place during a sexual harrassment deposition. Now if he wasn't accused of sexual harrassment he wouldn't have had to give a deposition. And he wouldn't have had to answer questions about other relationships if he didn't sign that bill into law, to great fanfare i might add. So the blowjob wasn't the root of the investigation, the sexual harrasment case was.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 04:41:55 PM »
How is it a lie?  No blowjob, no investigation.  No investigation, no lie.  No lie, no impeachment.

You are grossly misinformed.

The lie took place during a sexual harrassment deposition. Now if he wasn't accused of sexual harrassment he wouldn't have had to give a deposition. And he wouldn't have had to answer questions about other relationships if he didn't sign that bill into law, to great fanfare i might add. So the blowjob wasn't the root of the investigation, the sexual harrasment case was.

One might also make the leap to say that if he had never sexually harrassed fellow employees of the state , he might never have been sued .

But this assumes his guilt in a case he was aquitted in , do his proven lies that helped him win the aquittal damage the worth of his exoneration?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
But this assumes his guilt in a case he was aquitted in , do his proven lies that helped him win the aquittal damage the worth of his exoneration?

My understanding was that the Jones case was dismissed because Jones failed to prove damages, not that the harrasment never took place.

I don't see how he was exonerated of sexual harrassment.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »

My understanding was that the Jones case was dismissed because Jones failed to prove damages, not that the harrasment never took place.

I don't see how he was exonerated of sexual harrassment.

In a harrassment case is no crime comitted untill damage is done?

I get a breifing now and then telling me as a civil servant what I can do to get myself fired , createing a hostile environment is often mentioned in this context.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 05:16:21 PM »
Looks like ami isnt satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Here is the House's Congressional Record page for June 8th, 1999: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=1999_record&page=H3774&position=all

You will note that David Vitter is sworn in on this day.

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on December 19th, 1998 and was acquitted of the charges by the Senate on February 12th, 1999.

Last time I checked, June 8th, 1999 came after both December 19th, 1998 and February 12th, 1999.

Only person around here that is making up facts is Ms. Knuttia.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »

Here is the House's Congressional Record page for June 8th, 1999: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=1999_record&page=H3774&position=all

You will note that David Vitter is sworn in on this day.

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on December 19th, 1998 and was acquitted of the charges by the Senate on February 12th, 1999.

Last time I checked, June 8th, 1999 came after both December 19th, 1998 and February 12th, 1999.

Only person around here that is making up facts is Ms. Knuttia.

Although he may have been powerless in the impeachment question , it seems as though he made a statement earlyer than he was caught himself against doing as he did and reccomending resignation as a remedy.

I wait with baited breath , for Larry Flint to open a can of Democratic misdeed.

Which reminds me of a joke.

A Southerner was visiting up north during the winter and decided to try his luck at ice fishing.

As he sat over his little ice hole he noticed a local guy a few yards away hauling in a lot more fish than any other fisherman present on this lake.

He  went over to him and asked what he was doing to succeed so well at ice fishing.

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom" Said the successfull fisherman.

" I am sorry" , said the southerner" I don't understand" as he thought to himself that this was the heavyest Yankee accent he had ever heard.

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom!!"

"Sorry?"

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom!!!"

"Pardon?"

"Gagh! Phootey!" The fisherman spits a quivering mass into his hand and says "You have to keep the worms warm!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:32:51 PM by Plane »