Author Topic: Vitter gets applause at Capitol  (Read 8247 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vitter gets applause at Capitol
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »
<<You mean he didn't join congress in '99?  Wow, I wonder who managed to alter that history?? >>  (sirs)

<<You will note that David Vitter is sworn in on this day. [June 8, 1999]>>  (Ami)

ROTFLMFAO

I suppose if you follow the Looney Right's fruitbat concept of how the world works, nobody who is not sworn into Congress can speak on any public issue and is not allowed to be quoted in newspapers, particularly the Atlanta Journal & Constitution. 

Hilarious.

(But I might have screwed up on the Clinton impeachment.  My apologies if the perjury was committed in the sexual harassment claim rather than the Special Investigation.  Looks like I fucked up.  Thanks to plane and BT for the corrections)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 06:01:05 PM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 06:24:20 PM »
(But I might have screwed up on the Clinton impeachment.  My apologies if the perjury was committed in the sexual harassment claim rather than the Special Investigation.  Looks like I fucked up.  Thanks to plane and BT for the corrections)

This is what i like about you Mikey.

Mucho

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
Looks like ami isnt satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Here is the House's Congressional Record page for June 8th, 1999: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=1999_record&page=H3774&position=all

You will note that David Vitter is sworn in on this day.

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on December 19th, 1998 and was acquitted of the charges by the Senate on February 12th, 1999.

Last time I checked, June 8th, 1999 came after both December 19th, 1998 and February 12th, 1999.

Only person around here that is making up facts is Ms. Knuttia.

Although he may have been powerless in the impeachment question , it seems as though he made a statement earlyer than he was caught himself against doing as he did and reccomending resignation as a remedy.

I wait with baited breath , for Larry Flint to open a can of Democratic misdeed.

Which reminds me of a joke.

A Southerner was visiting up north during the winter and decided to try his luck at ice fishing.

As he sat over his little ice hole he noticed a local guy a few yards away hauling in a lot more fish than any other fisherman present on this lake.

He  went over to him and asked what he was doing to succeed so well at ice fishing.

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom" Said the successfull fisherman.

" I am sorry" , said the southerner" I don't understand" as he thought to himself that this was the heavyest Yankee accent he had ever heard.

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom!!"

"Sorry?"

" Yomm toommm koom thoom wooom wooom!!!"

"Pardon?"

"Gagh! Phootey!" The fisherman spits a quivering mass into his hand and says "You have to keep the worms warm!"

From whats been cumming out about Southern Repuds and Palfrey, it seems that you guys have a lot of different ways to keep your worms warm

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 01:05:36 AM »
Looks like ami isnt satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Here is the House's Congressional Record page for June 8th, 1999: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?dbname=1999_record&page=H3774&position=all

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on December 19th, 1998 and was acquitted of the charges by the Senate on February 12th, 1999.

Last time I checked, June 8th, 1999 came after both December 19th, 1998 and February 12th, 1999.

His swearing in hasn't got a goddamned thing to do with his writing the oped which appeared in 1998, you strawman-constrcuting bullshit artist, and you fucking know it.

He condemned Clinton and called for his impeachment BEFORE Clinton was actually impeached.

And in an October 29, 1998, opinion piece for the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Vitter took issue with a previous article, written by two law professors who had argued that impeachment "is a process of removing a president from office who can no longer effectively govern; it is not about punishment." Given that Clinton was still a capable chief executive, they had maintained, impeachment was not in order.

Vitter, a graduate of Harvard University and Tulane law school and a Rhodes scholar, was aghast at this amoral position. He blasted the law professors for criticizing those congressional Republicans pushing for Clinton's impeachment. Their argument that impeachment is "not primarily about right and wrong or moral fitness to govern," he wrote, was utterly wrongheaded. He continued:

Some current polls may suggest that people are turned off by the whole Clinton mess and don't care -- because the stock market is good, the Clinton spin machine is even better or other reasons. But that doesn't answer the question of whether President Clinton should be impeached and removed from office because he is morally unfit to govern.

The writings of the Founding Fathers are very instructive on this issue. They are not cast in terms of political effectiveness at all but in terms of right and wrong -- moral fitness. Hamilton writes in the Federalists Papers
(No. 65) that impeachable offenses are those that "proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust."

GOD DAMNIT, just admit you're fucking wrong.

http://www.davidcorn.com/archives/2007/07/a_blast_from_vi.php

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 01:15:17 AM »
Looks like ami isn't satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Although he may have been powerless in the impeachment question , it seems as though he made a statement earlier than he was caught himself against doing as he did and reccomending resignation as a remedy.

I wait with baited breath , for Larry Flint to open a can of Democratic misdeed.

A Southerner was visiting up north during the winter and decided to try his luck at ice fishing.

As he sat over his little ice hole he noticed a local guy a few yards away hauling in a lot more fish than any other fisherman present on this lake.

He went over to him and asked what he was doing to succeed so well at ice fishing.

" I am sorry" , said the southerner" I don't understand" as he thought to himself that this was the heavyest Yankee accent he had ever heard.

"Sorry?"

"Pardon?"

"Gagh! Phootey!" The fisherman spits a quivering mass into his hand and says "You have to keep the worms warm!"

From whats been cumming out about Southern Repuds and Palfrey, it seems that you guys have a lot of different ways to keep your worms warm

And this doesn't bother you about Southern Democrats?
Vitter's predecessor was caught on the same hook.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »
I suppose if you follow the Looney Right's fruitbat concept of how the world works, nobody who is not sworn into Congress can speak on any public issue and is not allowed to be quoted in newspapers, particularly the Atlanta Journal & Constitution. 

Yeah, but last time I checked, only someone who is sworn in as a member of Congress can vote to support an impeachment.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »
The writings of the Founding Fathers are very instructive on this issue. They are not cast in terms of political effectiveness at all but in terms of right and wrong -- moral fitness. Hamilton writes in the Federalists Papers
(No. 65) that impeachable offenses are those that "proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust."

GOD DAMNIT, just admit you're fucking wrong.

Lying under oath, ie perjury, is a "misconduct of public men" and a "violation of ... public trust." Perjury is also an immoral act.

Doesn't have to have anything to do with a blowjob.

Unless you want to claim that you're reading his mind.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »
<<His swearing in hasn't got a goddamned thing to do with his writing the oped which appeared in 1998, you strawman-constrcuting bullshit artist, and you fucking know it.>>

LOL.  Of course it doesn't.  The issue is stricltly one of hypocrisy and yet another hypocritical lying Repubilcan bastard and his "family values" getting caught with his pants down, or in this case, his diapers down.

It's doubly hilarious - - the "gotcha" aspect AND the contortions, twisting and distortions the right wing fruitbats will go through to make this issue anything but what it all too obviously is.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »
<<His swearing in hasn't got a goddamned thing to do with his writing the oped which appeared in 1998, you strawman-constrcuting bullshit artist, and you fucking know it.>>

LOL.  Of course it doesn't.  The issue is stricltly one of hypocrisy and yet another hypocritical lying Repubilcan bastard and his "family values" getting caught with his pants down, or in this case, his diapers down.

It's doubly hilarious - - the "gotcha" aspect AND the contortions, twisting and distortions the right wing fruitbats will go through to make this issue anything but what it all too obviously is.

Pardon me, when Lanya said "his comments while supporting impeachment" I thought she meant when he was supporting impeachment, as in voting for it in Congress. You know, after he actually achieved a somewhat national prominence by getting elected. Not as some virtually unknown Joe Blow that sent a letter into a newspaper somewhere saying he supported the impeachment.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
<<Pardon me, when Lanya said "his comments while supporting impeachment" I thought she meant when he was supporting impeachment, as in voting for it in Congress. You know, after he actually achieved a somewhat national prominence by getting elected. Not as some virtually unknown Joe Blow that sent a letter into a newspaper somewhere saying he supported the impeachment.>>

Well, that's entirely YOUR mistake, isn't it?  Maybe you should get yourself a better dictionary.  Look up what the word "support" actually means before you blast Lanya for her perfectly correct use of it.  And BTW, not that it matters here, he wasn't any "virtually unknown Joe Blow" when he sent that letter in.  He was a well-known Louisiana politician.

Mucho

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »
Looks like ami isn't satisfied with just misconstruing facts. Now he wants to make them up as he goes along like his fellow idiot, Bushenfuehrer

Although he may have been powerless in the impeachment question , it seems as though he made a statement earlier than he was caught himself against doing as he did and reccomending resignation as a remedy.

He went over to him and asked what he was doing to succeed so well at ice fishing.

"Sorry?"

"Pardon?"

And this doesn't bother you about Southern Democrats?
Vitter's predecessor was caught on the same hook.

Vitters predecessor peed his diapers too? My you Repuds are naughty. His predecessor was Bob Livingstone, another Repud but I thought he only like underage hookers!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2007/07/all-that-vitter.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 03:19:17 PM »
<<Pardon me, when Lanya said "his comments while supporting impeachment" I thought she meant when he was supporting impeachment, as in voting for it in Congress. You know, after he actually achieved a somewhat national prominence by getting elected. Not as some virtually unknown Joe Blow that sent a letter into a newspaper somewhere saying he supported the impeachment.>>

Well, that's entirely YOUR mistake, isn't it? 

Oh, you mean like beliving someone is broadbrusing all muslims who don't support Bush & Blair as terrorist/radical muslims, despite contrary quotes that clarify precisely what constitutes a terrorist/radical muslim.  Yea, that'd be your mistake
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
He was a well-known Louisiana politician.

So, if I mentioned a letter that I saw in a newspaper from Tricia Ann Cotham, you'd know who I meant?

State level legislative politicians are virtual unknowns in the US, outside of their districts.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
<<So, if I mentioned a letter that I saw in a newspaper from Tricia Ann Cotham, you'd know who I meant?

<<State level legislative politicians are virtual unknowns in the US, outside of their districts.>>

Which is why I said he was a well-known LOUISIANA politician.  I said that just after mentioning that it didn't really matter anyway.  Not in this particular thread, where the issue - - remember? - - was the guy's hypocrisy.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »
<<Oh, you mean like beliving someone is broadbrusing all muslims who don't support Bush & Blair as terrorist/radical muslims, despite contrary quotes that clarify precisely what constitutes a terrorist/radical muslim.  Yea, that'd be your mistake>>

No, actually, it wasn't a mistake at all because that's not exactly what I said you said.  And it's not what you said either.  You're misquoting me again (do you EVER get ANYTHING right?  just asking) but I thought after I'd pretty much wiped the floor with you on that issue, that you were "done" with that thread.  At least that's what I THOUGHT you said.  Maybe your posts are kind of like Bush speeches, they take on an entirely new meaning with every change in the factual situation thereafter.  If you really want to get into it again, I'd be quite happy to, starting with how you just misquoted me (again!) and running through each and every material post we delivered (hopefully, I might be able to just cut and paste from one of my later posts.)   I wouldn't, if I were you.