Author Topic: Vitter gets applause at Capitol  (Read 8243 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vitter gets applause at Capitol
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »
<<Oh, you mean like believing someone is broadbrusing all muslims who don't support Bush & Blair as terrorist/radical muslims, despite contrary quotes that clarify precisely what constitutes a terrorist/radical muslim.  Yea, that'd be your mistake>>

No, actually, it wasn't a mistake at all because that's not exactly what I said you said.  And it's not what you said either.  

When considering how wrong you were, given my clear clarification, actually it was.  You see Tee, you're problem is that you had made up your mind as to what I supposedly believed & said, and no amount of demonstrating/articulating any clearer how wrong you were was going to dent that thought process of yours.  You apply that blinding thought process anytime a discussion on the supposed "racist south" comes up, the supposed "stolen elections", how evil and raping our military is, and how pretty much anyone that doesn't agree with you, or *gasp* actually supports the effort to rid the world of terrorists, is some facsist war lover, who cares nothing for anyone, simply the almighty imperailist America & its neocons.  No amount of any contrary evidence and discrediting facts will dent that made up mind of yours.

The wonders of Free Speech
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »
<<When considering how wrong you were, given my clear clarification, actually it was.  You see Tee, you're problem is that you had made up your mind as to what I supposedly believed & said, and no amount of demonstrating/articulating any clearer how wrong you were was going to dent that thought process of yours.  >>

Actually, sirs, I just cut and pasted.  What I said, how you responded.  It's all there in black and white.  I made up my mind based on the  actual posts; not as to what you supposedly said, but what you actually said (which is why I took the trouble to reprint your actual posts.)  All you had to do was prove that you didn't say what I proved you had said.  There is no magical "demonstrating/articulating" that can change your words, unfortunately.

<<You apply that blinding thought process anytime a discussion on the supposed "racist south" comes up, the supposed "stolen elections", how evil and raping our military is, and how pretty much anyone that doesn't agree with you, or *gasp* actually supports the effort to rid the world of terrorists, is some facsist war lover, who cares nothing for anyone, simply the almighty imperailist America & its neocons.  No amount of any contrary evidence and discrediting facts will dent that made up mind of yours.>>

I think I demonstrated my position pretty well on each of those points.  A blanket attack on every single topic I ever posted on is not going to draw a blanket defence of all of them.  So I will treat your last paragraph as the pointless blather that it obviously is.

<<The wonders of Free Speech>>
Wondrous that anyone is allowed to disagree with your crypto-fascist POV?  Some of us think that's the way it should be.  Don't worry, though, you and your crypto-fascist friends might not have to put up with the inconvenience much longer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »
<<When considering how wrong you were, given my clear clarification, actually it was.  You see Tee, you're problem is that you had made up your mind as to what I supposedly believed & said, and no amount of demonstrating/articulating any clearer how wrong you were was going to dent that thought process of yours.  >>

Actually, sirs, I just cut and pasted.  What I said, how you responded.  It's all there in black and white.  I made up my mind based on the  actual posts; not as to what you supposedly said, but what you actually said (which is why I took the trouble to reprint your actual posts.)  All you had to do was prove that you didn't say what I proved you had said.

See?, you asking me to disprove what you believed I meant, from what I said......YOUR interpretation of them.  My words NEVER referenced such a claim you're making.  And when I made it painfully clear what I meant, that still didn't suffice.  Precisely what I've referenced here.  YOUR mistake for reading my words wrong, reinforced by how blatant you've been at ignoring everything that followed.  You grabbed 1 line out of 1 sentence, and proclaimed to yourself "Ahh, sirs things any muslim who's not lock step with Bush and Blair is a terrorist or radical muslim".  I tried very hard to pull you out of that hole, but your ego insisted you keep digging.  By all means, continue.

There is no magical "demonstrating/articulating" that can change your words, unfortunately.

Precisely.  MY words, not YOUR twisting reinterpretation of them

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 10:45:38 PM »
<<Precisely.  MY words, not YOUR twisting reinterpretation of them>>

Uh, if you recall, sirs, I took great pains to reproduce your very word exactly as you wrote them, and in context.   Anyone who wants to revisit the thread can see for themselves that there was no "twisting reinterpretation."  You said what you said.  And you can't erase it.

<<See?, you asking me to disprove what you believed I meant, from what I said......YOUR interpretation of them.  My words NEVER referenced such a claim you're making.>>

Your words speak for themselves, sirs.  I just cut and pasted them whole.  Anyone who understands basic English can go back up the thread and see for themselves what you said.  It was not complex.  It was not profound.  There is no difficulty.  You wrote clearly and expressed your idea without ambiguity.

<<You grabbed 1 line out of 1 sentence, and proclaimed to yourself "Ahh, sirs things any muslim who's not lock step with Bush and Blair is a terrorist or radical muslim".>>

sirs, with all due respect, I did NOT do that.  I did not "grab one line out of one sentence."  I quoted your sentence whole.  If you want to show me which sentence I "grabbed 1 line" out of, please do so.  Don't make any more empty accusations which you are unable to back up.

Also, I did not make any reference to Muslims who are not "lock-step with Bush."  Your reference and my reference were both to Muslims other than "moderate" Muslims.  Neither you nor I referred to Muslims not in lock-step with Bush.  Your case is already weak, desperate and pathetic.   Don't make it worse with new fabrications.

<<I tried very hard to pull you out of that hole, but your ego insisted you keep digging.  By all means, continue.>>

Yeah, yeah.  Declare victory, hit ENTER.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
In Louisiana today the people are much more angry at Larry Flynt than David Vitter. We are used to politicians sleeping around. What we will not tolerate is an outsider coming in to do harm to a state that is recovering from a devastating hurricane. Vitter has worked hard in that recovery. That is what we care about. Larry Flynt has hurt a man's wife and his four children, but he has not hurt his career. In fact, we will rally around Vitter just to spite Flynt.

Posted by: Dee | Jul 12, 2007 7:25:53 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2007/07/all-that-vitter.html

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I just can't agree with this attitude , haveing a politician lie to me offends me , period.

Lousiana does seem to have a diffrent attitude , but they can if they want , I would council them to dump this guy and try to find one that can disapline himself and speak honestly.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2007, 10:53:21 AM »
Well, that was about as ringing a defence of lying, hypocrisy, adultery and sexual deviance as I've heard in this group for a long time.  I don't know what "people" Dee has been hearing from, but I suspect it's a very small group of rich, white fascists and racists with an obvious superiority complex and a total disregard for the problems of black and/or impoverished Louisianans.  Funny how Vitter has been working so long and hard for hurricane relief and the place is still a disaster.  Sounds like Dee needs to take her head out of her ass and look around.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
Well, that was about as ringing a defence of lying, hypocrisy, adultery and sexual deviance as I've heard in this group for a long time.  I don't know what "people" Dee has been hearing from, but I suspect it's a very small group of rich, white fascists and racists with an obvious superiority complex and a total disregard for the problems of black and/or impoverished Louisianans.  Funny how Vitter has been working so long and hard for hurricane relief and the place is still a disaster.  Sounds like Dee needs to take her head out of her ass and look around.

Don't forget MT that you do not object to of lying,  adultery and sexual deviance , you only take offense at Hypocracy.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2007, 05:09:44 PM »
I don't understand the round of applause. What is that about?

Vitter's affinity for prostitute Wendy Cortez was known before he ran for Senator, but he told the people of Louisiana that it was all lies. It was not. He lied.

More than that, he ran very strongly to oppose same-sex marriage. In fact he co-authored a constitutional amendment. In doin this Vitter made a lot of statements such as: "I?m a conservative who opposes radically redefining marriage, the most important social institution in human history."

But clearly he betrayed the very institution he considers to be the "important social institution in human history." So he lied, numerous counts of adultery, broke the law (but faces no criminal charges due to statute of limitations), and betrayed much of what he claims to stand for.

Again, why the applause?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Mucho

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »

Don't forget MT that you do not object to of lying,  adultery and sexual deviance , you only take offense at Hypocracy.

You gotta problem wit dat?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »

You gotta problem wit dat?

MT has a problem with that