Author Topic: She done read the book, at 4,244 words-per-minute  (Read 2125 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: She done read the book, at 4,244 words-per-minute
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 06:47:43 PM »
Using software like Flash is part of it, but I also need advanced skill with the various software programs and in the methods of graphic design in general. I have a base of knowledge, but I need to be able to do more than someone's friend's high school student who learns Photoshop tricks in his spare time. If I expect to get paid a decent amount of money, I need to have the skills to do the work that make that payment worthwhile. There are a lot of things I can do well right now, but I need to be able to do more and do it better.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: She done read the book, at 4,244 words-per-minute
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »
The availability of products such a Dreamweaver, etc. have really negatively impacted web salaries. We see it in our graduating seniors. Network admin salaries are still high but web development and even programming salaries are less, probably due to outsourcing.

You are wise to continue to upgrade your skills. I wish you success!
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D