Author Topic: Republicans, hear from Noonan  (Read 2963 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Republicans, hear from Noonan
« on: October 14, 2006, 03:06:09 PM »
{.............]
A lot of you--you need to stop, sit down, think, question yourself, look at your actions and ponder what you've become. And how somehow love for your side in the fight became hatred for the other.

Let me be very candidly specific. Some of you need to get a good psychologist and a good holy man or woman, a priest or rabbi or minister--or how about all three--and figure out why you're turning everything in your life into politics. Because I have to tell you what I know: Politics is the biggest, easiest way in all of America to avoid looking at yourself, and who you are, and what fence needs fixing on your own homestead.

A lot of you are in politics not because you want to lead, but because you want to run. From yourselves.

When you're in politics not to live life but avoid it, you become especially susceptible to a kind of polar thinking. You become convinced you're with the good team and the good people over here. You become convinced anyone who doesn't want the same policies you want must be bad. After all, you're good, so if they disagree they must be bad. When you're polar like that you dehumanize the people on the other side. And when you dehumanize them--well, then you wind up ... starting wars on lies, excusing sexual predation of teen-agers, stealing billions from taxpayers and legalizing torture.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110002554
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Republicans, hear from Noonan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 03:18:34 PM »
This would not bee good for Democrats to hear?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:41:53 PM »
Boy, there's alot of dumping on Clinton lately
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »
This would not bee good for Democrats to hear?

That's who her remarks were aimed at. It's a column written some time ago. But it is letter-perfect for Republicans, right now.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »
  This demonstrates the principal that it is always easyer to see someone eleses flaws.

Redirecting it demonstrates this principal again.

I agree with the essay , but directing it to just one party is inappropriate, or should I say that avoiding the mirror aspect of the essay is inappropriate?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
Bush started a war on lies, made it so we torture people and that is legal, and all the rest of it.   And if any of us objected, we get arrested, as in Hnumpah's post about the SS  (Secret Service).   Or we're called appeasers, enemies from within, all the other crap.

Hundreds of people are dying every week in Iraq and you're worried I won't look in the mirror often enough? Please.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 11:40:15 PM »
Bush started a war on lies, made it so we torture people and that is legal, and all the rest of it.   And if any of us objected, we get arrested, as in Hnumpah's post about the SS  (Secret Service).   Or we're called appeasers, enemies from within, all the other crap.

Hundreds of people are dying every week in Iraq and you're worried I won't look in the mirror often enough? Please.

You brought the mirror in , for us to look in , now you don't think it a good idea for yourself?

In you listing of Republican failings , which were never Democratic failings?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »
Bush started a war on lies......

Bzzzz, wrong answer, but we thank you for playing.  The asanine notion that Bush "lied us into war" has long been demonstrated for the desperate fraud of an accusation, that it's always been
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
Bush started a war on lies......

Bzzzz, wrong answer, but we thank you for playing.  The asanine notion that Bush "lied us into war" has long been demonstrated for the desperate fraud of an accusation, that it's always been

Only in the addled mind of a true Bushidolater is he lying us into war false. WMD's and Al Quaeda ties to Saddam were not true so Bush either lied or was stupid. Accusing him of lying is kinder, but I think he was both.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »

When you're polar like that you dehumanize the people on the other side.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:20 AM »
When you're polar like that you dehumanize the people on the other side.

And on top of that, the challenge was layed out at least 2 times by myself, for the rabid left to demonstrate, with facts/proof of Bush's "lying us into war".  Brass flamed out.  Tee, with the best he could do was point out some anti-Bush web site, took a nosedive, and H sort of danced around the subject.  WMD lie, shown for the lie that was.  Uranium from Niger lie, demonstrated as the lie it was.  Cherry picking intel shown as the gross distortion that it was.  Manipulating the CIA shown as the bogus accusation that it was.  Lie after lie after lie that Bush supposedly performed, shown to be the lie after lie after lie that the rabid left has come to be infamous for