Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's sleazy aide attacks McCain's military service  (Read 1935 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hillary Clinton's sleazy aide attacks McCain's military service
« on: October 15, 2006, 01:45:53 AM »
Clinton adviser already trying to smear McCain

By MichiganForMcCain

An adviser for Senator Hillary Clinton spoke to Maureen Dowd, and remarked that McCain "wound up looking similar to the way he did on those captive tapes from Hanoi, where he recited the names of his crew mates."

This despicable act was immediately rebuked by McCain's political strategist, John Weaver: "I never expected the Clintons or their allies to know much about Vietnam. But [it] is disappointing to see one of her spokespeople purposefully lie about John's war record and time in a Hanoi prison camp. There was no such tape recording; though he did once give up the starting lineup of the Green Bay Packers while under extreme duress. Senator Clinton's spokesperson does a disservice to all who were there and served so bravely and honorably."

Disagree with McCain's policies if you must, but do not attack his service record. If these are the type of attacks that we will see in 2008, then McCain will easily sail to the oval office. The American public deeply respects and admires McCain's service fighting for the freedom of our country, and will not stand for any low blows.

http://breakingnews.redstate.com/blogs/michiganformccain/2006/oct/14/clinton_adviser_already_trying_to_smear_mccain

domer

Re: Hillary Clinton's sleazy aide attacks McCain's military service
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »
McCain is a courageous man, courageous in one certain way where others less celebrated are equally as courageous in their own mode. One thing about McCain's captivity, however, leads me to discount somewhat the difficulty of the journey he endured to get his moniker of "hero." It seems he is an admiral's son. While McCain was a captive, the North Vietnamese learned of this. For reasons I find hard to understand, learning of his lineage, the North Vietnamese expressed the willingness to release him. McCain refused. But he lived thereafter with a knowledge and a comfort that the other captives did not have: McCain was a "high-profile" prisoner whom his captives could not afford to kill or possibly even break.

The_Professor

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »
I see that today Hillary apologized for this action by her campaign aide. Shows some character after all. Hmmm...

The_Professor

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 07:37:07 PM »
domer, I do not know if what you say is true, but even if it is, the captivity must have been beyond difficult. Being without his loved ones, away from his homeland, living with the knowledge that he did not "succeed" and was captured, survivor's guilt, etc. all are awful.

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 11:49:57 PM »
"I see that today Hillary apologized for this action by her campaign aide. Shows some character after all. Hmmm..."

Hillary wasn't behind what her spokesperson said? Hillary pays this person to communicate her message. Hillary got caught in a dirty trick, it seems. Maureen Dowd wasn't supposed to attribute the comment to a "Clinton aide."