Author Topic: Enhanced interrogation used on US citizen whistleblower  (Read 2574 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Enhanced interrogation used on US citizen whistleblower
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 04:24:58 PM »
Hypothetical Kimba........your best friend just confided in you that they shot a store clerk, when they were caught pilfering a kit kat bar.  But he got away with it, and the store clerk wasn't hurt bad.  Police have interviewed your friend, and they've claimed their innocence, and now the police approach you for questioning. 

Do you perjure yourself or are you a whistleblower?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 04:48:03 PM »
I`ve never of any of them doing better in life.

Cynthia Cooper - WorldCom whistle blower - now runs her own consulting firm.

Sherron Watkins - Enron whistle blower - now speaks at business conferences and has published a book about her experiences at Enron.

Coleen Rowley - FBI whistle blower re 9/11 - has retired from the FBI with a full pension and is currently seeking a state level political office in Minnesota.

Shawn Carpenter - Sandia Labs whistle blower - is now working for NetWitness, a startup computer counter-intelligence corporation while he waits for all appeals to conclude to collect his $5 million judgement.

Frederic Whitehurst - FBI whistle blower re lab testing - is now the Executive Director of the Forensic Justice Project.

Joseph C. Wilson - Plame's husband - now manages JC Wilson International Ventures Corporation, a consulting firm specializing in strategic management and international business development.

Need more?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 05:15:13 PM »
50 50
it can go either way
but one thing is clear for me
he`s not a friend no more.
I had friends like that and It`s not worth getting dragged down with them.
the friendship MIGHT be good for I lie to the cops ,but that`s it
p.s. if the store clerk was serriously hurt
I`d walk away from and make sure never to see him again.
loyalty is a tricky thing.

don`t forget the expression -snitch get a stitch
it`s a valid thing to think about.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
ami
I wish this stuff is more visible in the news.
but I see more negative thing about whistle blowing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
   Some of the same people say"Don't go to jail , send a friend!"

False accusation is the ultimate CYA.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 05:48:18 PM »
So Kimba, do you lie to authorities or are you a "whistleblower"??  Which do you chose to be
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »
ami
I wish this stuff is more visible in the news.
but I see more negative thing about whistle blowing.

Like I said - the ones who are doing alright are no longer news. They live a life of quiet obscurity.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
sirs i thought i answered it
it`s a serious either or
but with the same end result
end of a friendship.
I can`t say what I`ll truely do til it actually happened.
but I`ll definately will be angry

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 06:45:55 PM »
Then perhaps it's a bit premature to cast the claim of "Heroic Whistleblower" upon Miss Tripp. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »
I only said that because people get protective of her when she got charged for recording .
it got strangely onesided in her favor
so I just figure she gets a heroes treatment by many.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »
I only said that because people get protective of her when she got charged for recording . it got strangely onesided in her favor

Ohhhh, how so?  IIRC, the scenario you just claimed was a 50/50 was the choice she faced.  I don't recall some widespread commendation of her actions, outside of being put in a situation where she risked lying to investigating authorities, and that she apparently chose not to.  And that apparently gets her raked over the coals, by Clinton coolaide drinkers.  The latter is what people, like myself, were being "protective" of.....her right not to perjure herself.  That doesn't make her a "hero".  It makes her sensible

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »
I think it was after that situation she got charged and she simply just blow it off as a frivilous thing.
and i remember folks saying that the recording shouldn`t be charged even though it`s illegal

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 07:49:32 PM »
I think it was after that situation she got charged and she simply just blow it off as a frivilous thing.

Excuse me?  How so??  Blew off what as a frivalous thing.......an accessory to a cover-up??  I'm not sure where you're coming from, on that one, Kimba

and i remember folks saying that the recording shouldn`t be charged even though it`s illegal

It was her ONLY course of protection.  IIRC, she NEVER brought it forth as some "lookie here, see what I recorded".  She brought it forth only AFTER the Clinton hit machine whent into effect, trying to paint her as some liar.  Otherwise it was just going to be her word vs the hit machine led by Carville & company

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »

The case was dismissed because most of the evidence fell under the various immunity agreements that the government had given to her for her testimony.

In addition, she had asked a lawyer if it was legal to record the conversations. However, the lawyer was a DC lawyer and did not know about that particular Maryland law. In most parts of the country, only one party to a conversation has to consent to a recording.