Author Topic: Compare this to what happened to the Dixie Chicks  (Read 10267 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Compare this to what happened to the Dixie Chicks
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »
Who is supporting the double standard here, sirs?

That'd be you, considering the support you've given all those other names I mentioned above, and my on record criticism of Nugent's spewing.

Hair-splitting till the bitter end I see.  How do you interpret this?  "Obama, he's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun," "Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless bitch," Nugent said, brandishing his weapons.  He also went after Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), suggesting she, too, might like to "suck on my machine gun."  Just having some good-ole-fashioned free spech fun, I suppose.  That kooky old Ted!  What a kooky fun guy he is.

YEA, precisely.  Someone excercising their 1st amendment right to be stupid  And note, I never said "fun guy".   So again I ask, you ACTUALLY believe Nugent is planning the assasination of your prescious Dems??  And yet you still support all the garbage of all those other celebrities I've listed have said in spades, including stoning to death??  And you still note how I'm not supportive of Nugent's ranting, unlike yourself of all the others + many more like them.  Thus the double standard.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2007, 11:20:20 AM »
The other is the realization that in defending the abhorrent behaviour of one of their own, the hard core rightwingers here are not interested in doing what is right but only interested in defending their own no matter how vile their own may be.

I have zero intention of defending Nugent's comments, but I have to ask again, who takes Ted Nugent seriously anyway? He's just proven himself to have have nothing of value or substance to say. I'm not saying you have to laugh at him, but I guess Nugent's comments seem to me to rate dismissal rather than outrage.

BINGO!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
I have zero intention of defending Nugent's comments, but I have to ask again, who takes Ted Nugent seriously anyway? He's just proven himself to have have nothing of value or substance to say. I'm not saying you have to laugh at him, but I guess Nugent's comments seem to me to rate dismissal rather than outrage.

Exactly, Prince. Fine behind the guitar, but he makes an ass of himself when he opens his mouth speak. I can't imagine that anyone would take this fool seriously enough to get excited about this.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »
Exactly, Prince. Fine behind the guitar, but he makes an ass of himself when he opens his mouth speak.

Hey, that actually puts him a step ahead of some people, at least he can play the guitar...

(A joke, a joke!)
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »

Exactly, Prince. Fine behind the guitar, but he makes an ass of himself when he opens his mouth speak. I can't imagine that anyone would take this fool seriously enough to get excited about this.

Yet apparently Brass thinks this is a legitimate precursor to Nugent's plans on taking out Democrat nominees.  Go figure

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »
Interesting note here, but here we are on post #50 of this thread, and Lanya still hasn't provided any clarity to what she posed on post #10       :-\

Richpo64

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »
>>I confess, I haven't the least idea how or why that is the difference.<<

Why am I not surprised?

Richpo64

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »
>>I also confess that makes no sense to me at all.<<

I remain unsurprised.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 03:22:49 PM »
Yet apparently Brass thinks this is a legitimate precursor to Nugent's plans on taking out Democrat nominees.  Go figure

So the Feds were wrong when they arrested those guys for "plotting" to blow up some buildings in Chicago, then, right?

They were goofs who couldn't get anything done but still a threat, right?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »
Yet apparently Brass thinks this is a legitimate precursor to Nugent's plans on taking out Democrat nominees.  Go figure

So the Feds were wrong when they arrested those guys for "plotting" to blow up some buildings in Chicago, then, right?

They were ACTIVELY looking to aquire the means to do such, No??  They were ACTIVELY planning such, no??  You realize you're actually helping to reinforce my point, right Brass?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
Was Nugent ACTIVELY pursuing the purchase of guns?

Wait, he already HAD GUNS?  Then arrest him, part of his plan is already complete!   
You just want to wait until he blows some politician away?  That's so pre-9/11 thinking.....
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »
Hey, there you go, a pre-emptive arrest.

Just like Bush's little pre-emptive invasion of Iraq.

We can twist things around and change our stories to justify it later.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »
We have evidence of Nugent making a phonecall to an arms dealer in Niger.

He also has pipes at his home. We all know that pipes can be turned into pipe bombs.

Clearly Nugent is an immediate threat to his liberal neighbors.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2007, 04:31:39 PM »
Was Nugent ACTIVELY pursuing the purchase of guns?

You mean guns he already had? or guns that no evidence demonstrates he was trying to aquire (machineguns)?

Wait, he already HAD GUNS?

You mean he actually excercised his 2nd amendment right to have a firearm.  The bastard

Then arrest him, part of his plan is already complete!

Oh, you have evidence of his "plot"?  Do tell  

You just want to wait until he blows some politician away? 

Naaa, I'm actually waiting until there's an ounce of credibility to the claim.  More to the point, it appears the left has a problem with anyone on the right, who dares excercise EITHER of their 1st OR 2nd amendment rights.  Imagine that.

And interesting all this energy to respond to a non direct query, not 1 ounce of energy applied to clarify an earlier position

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »
I'm tired of America-haters interfering with pre-emptive arrests that are meant to protect innocent lives.

These are the enemies of freedom. Sirs, all you are doing is aiding and abetting the enemies of freedom, indeed the enemies of all that this country stands for. Worse than that, you're doing so while our troops are in harms way!

I don't know how treasonous America-haters live with themselves. It is time we start arresting people before they commit these atrocious crimes against the forces of freedom.

This is the post-9/11 world and you have to understand that our freedoms are under constant threat by those who are at war with our very way of life. We must make arrests before crimes happen. Lanya and hnumpah are spot on!

Out of the way America-hating, liberal, pinko scum. Make way for the real patriots to run this country.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster