Author Topic: Compare this to what happened to the Dixie Chicks  (Read 10266 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Compare this to what happened to the Dixie Chicks
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »

have determined that while a male may be a fan of Teddy and not have conscious knowledge of his Brokeback prediliction, on the subconscious level his mind will pick it up, making that fan a passive if not active homosexual. 

Psychologists everywhere where it counts , beleive in gaydar?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2007, 05:27:06 PM »
Looking back into a place 'long ago and far away,' I do believe there was a rumor about them killing puppies  at one of the rock concerts.   me thinks he does not give a rats red ass about his 'reputation,' more like he revels in it.

So he is less vunerable than the Dixie Chicks were?

I suppose you may have a good point there , the demographic that listens to Ted Nugent will not feel betrayed by this display of pique , they may reward him.

I always thought Ted Nugent killed little mammels with a bow and arrow.

Turns out he does, but he also uses an arrow to pick his teeth after he eats them raw.

You have to go a long way to find someone as despicable as Ted Nugest.

The Dixie Chicks did not know their fans , they went to Europe and pandered to the audience but were shjocked when the core of their listership was offended in them for it.

Ted knows his fans , I have thought about this a few days now , and have changed my mind ,Ted is going to benefit from this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
I'm tired of America-haters interfering with pre-emptive arrests that are meant to protect innocent lives.  These are the enemies of freedom. Sirs, all you are doing is aiding and abetting the enemies of freedom, indeed the enemies of all that this country stands for. Worse than that, you're doing so while our troops are in harms way![/b]

Yea, you try flying with that one Js.  And you'll remind us when I ever actually supported what Nugent said, right?      ::)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:23:47 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
Yet apparently Brass thinks this is a legitimate precursor to Nugent's plans on taking out Democrat nominees.  Go figure

So the Feds were wrong when they arrested those guys for "plotting" to blow up some buildings in Chicago, then, right?

They were ACTIVELY looking to aquire the means to do such, No??  They were ACTIVELY planning such, no??  You realize you're actually helping to reinforce my point, right Brass?

You realize that Nugent had actual guns in his hands when he said all these things, right?  How much more active do you need?  The guys I mentioned didn't have any equipment nro any ACCESS to any kind of equipment.  Anybody can say they are planning to do something.  I am planning on renovating my house but I don't have the money for it right now and it will take years to get it.  Does that mean I should hire a contractor right now?  NO.

If you compare the two, nugent and the guys in Chicago, Nugent is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the guys.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
And you realize that Nugent has a 2nd amendment right to own his guns.  Now, perhaps you can step in for Lanya to detail for us this supposed plan of his, in order to actually take what he's saying with even an ounce of seriousness, compared to the fellas that were actually planning their attacks.

At least if YOU want to be taken seriously
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

crocat

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2007, 07:39:48 PM »
and now for the truth of the whole matter.....

why would any of us give credence to an entertainer.  For my money... and excuse my language... I would just as soon the stick to singing and shut the fuck up about things that we don't pay to hear.  I have difficulty understanding how we as the public put up with entertainers, athletic heroes and the like think that their opinion has more weight than mine. 

Our only option (as I see it) is to hit them were it hurts... stop buying their product.  Let them try and make it in the political arena if they think they are that important.

cro

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »
and now for the truth of the whole matter.....why would any of us give credence to an entertainer.  Our only option (as I see it) is to hit them were it hurts... stop buying their product.  Let them try and make it in the political arena if they think they are that important.

Precisely, which was also Prince's point, and my point.  Apparently however, Brass thinks this entertainer, unlike any other who has been bashing Republican politicans & Bush, is serious in his rant.  And yet I'm still waiting from him &/or Lanya to showcase this apparent plan of his in order to actually give credence to this entertainer's rant.  It would seem it only requires one be critical of Democrats     :-\
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:25:10 PM by sirs »

yellow_crane

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »

The other is the realization that in defending the abhorrent behaviour of one of their own, the hard core rightwingers here are not interested in doing what is right but only interested in defending their own no matter how vile their own may be.

I have zero intention of defending Nugent's comments, but I have to ask again, who takes Ted Nugent seriously anyway? He's just proven himself to have have nothing of value or substance to say. I'm not saying you have to laugh at him, but I guess Nugent's comments seem to me to rate dismissal rather than outrage.

If Ted Nugent was not an entertainer, or a celebrity, what would people think of his gleefully killing little mammels?

There is the bonafide psychological fact that serial killers often have a history of killing little, innocent mammels.

Nugent is beyond "hunter."  His bloody rhetoric shoves it down everybody's throat.  There are millions of hunters in America, how many of them talk in the same emotionally charged rhetoric?

His culpability cog slips a notch because of his celebrity, not his talent or his relevance pr irrelevance.

Celebrity . . . has replaced our hero image, or more accurately, has become our hero replacement.  This explains most of the prolific exonerations we bestow on those celebrities who are truly guilty.  We betray our responsibility to a meaningful modeling of law concerning human behavior.  And it must be remembered that surrounding all these celebrities and their outrages and resulting deferences are huge media bucks. 

I think a very interesting comparison could be made about the similarities of behavior of Ted Bundy and Ted Nugent.   Nugent seems to talk out loud quite strikingly like Ted talked to his victims--relishing in the fact that he could terrorize them with bloody threats.  They both get a buzz out of being, above all, cruel.

There is no serious psychologist or astute laymen observer who cannot be alarmed by Nugent's giddiness and laughter--laughter of defiance and cruel threat, not "just joking" laughter.  I see Nugent on one side of the line, and Bundy crossed over that line.  A line's difference. 

Imagine the effect on Ted Bundy watching Ted Nugent echoing his thoughts and feelings.  Would Ted feel psychological fed, acknowledged, legitimized and vindicated?  Properly functioning societies tend to edit out this behavior as too potentially harmful.  I think America crossed a line when we were introduced to "slasher" films.  Unlike all the Hitchcockian and other psychological thrillers, slasher films appealed to a whole new and different set of emotional response keys.

The fact that Bundy focused on the same type of female like the one who rejected him does not define his malady--it is simply a focus on a trigger.  It is more a fetish object than "the" cause.   Much like addiction, wherein the 'fetish' is the drug of choice, but the disease underlying is the same for all kinds of addicts, no matter their focus of substance.

There is a tendency in the public mind that sees people wearing different guises and treating them differently.  We think that avid hunters are American to the blood.  We think people who otherwise have no public clout are creepy prekillers.  The press tends to sensationalize predators, making it difficult for rational explanations; the 'media play' ($) supersedes professional accuracy.  Look at the bucks generated by Hansen on NBC, which is now cloning into expansion.  We look at the monster in the cage, while, like the first owner of Elephant Man, the media is reaping huge profits.

They tend to want to make him Lecter, when the reality is not one of rare twist, but of something quite common and defined by self-control, sanctioned and defined by legal structure of a responsible society.
One realizes the potential in any war--many soldiers snap into feral, and do things beyond the call of duty.  War brings it out of us--not the heroic fighting back, but the cruelty every army degenerates into.

One thing I do see brewing in all this:  people like Coulter, black rappers (sorry, don't know names, but the lyrics are not misreported or exaggerated), Nugent, et al,  are all getting attention and  receiving air time.  I think as a nation we are beginning to worry about the feral rhetoric and everyday safety.

It is freedom of speech coming to full circle to the theater metaphor.

Division is not always good, but sometimes it can be.  It is like a good sherrif calming a jeering crowd by reminding them that their noiseful, vengeful revelry will be held accountable by a stable and sane society.

Nugent is a litmus of the society you are a part of, and that makes him relevant.  Like you, I do not think it should be, but let's face it--like the slasher films, which must get more extreme or die, big bucks are being made of all this.  Hansen has made bucks for the NBC corporation for outing pedophiles, and the important concurring phenomenon is that America is beginning to see that pedophiles are not that rare deformity
being displayed, for a ticket, in the cage.

Richpo64

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2007, 10:57:37 PM »
>>If Ted Nugent was not an entertainer, or a celebrity, what would people think of his gleefully killing little mammels?<<

Once again the left creates it's own reality.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2007, 05:10:32 AM »

If Ted Nugent was not an entertainer, or a celebrity, what would people think of his gleefully killing little mammels?

There is the bonafide psychological fact that serial killers often have a history of killing little, innocent mammels.

I have no idea. But then, I don't know what people think of it now. Most probably most people don't think of it at all. Do you spend a lot of time thinking about it? Ever eaten raccoon meat? I hear it's good if prepared properly. Rattlesnake isn't bad, but it's kinda blah, like white chicken meat. Hunting happens a lot in this country, and I am fairly certain that the vast majority of hunters are not psychologically deranged serial killers. Most of them are probably not like Ted Nugent either.

Nugent is beyond "hunter."  His bloody rhetoric shoves it down everybody's throat.

Since when? I go months, possibly years, without hearing Ted Nugent's comments. Maybe you just need to quit paying attention to him.

Nugent is a litmus of the society you are a part of, and that makes him relevant.

I disagree. I'm sure Nugent would like to be a litmus, but his comments get press because he's extreme and makes noise. He is only a litmus if we react. If we dismiss him, rather than reacting one way or the other, then he remains irrelevant. He only becomes relevant if we make him so. And quite frankly, if, by our actions, we make every nutty celebrity into a relevant social/political commentator that is no one's fault but our own.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
I'm tired of America-haters interfering with pre-emptive arrests that are meant to protect innocent lives.  These are the enemies of freedom. Sirs, all you are doing is aiding and abetting the enemies of freedom, indeed the enemies of all that this country stands for. Worse than that, you're doing so while our troops are in harms way![/b]

Yea, you try flying with that one Js.  And you'll remind us when I ever actually supported what Nugent said, right?      ::)

We all witnessed you defending the pre-criminal.

America-hater.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2007, 11:07:02 AM »

We all witnessed you defending the pre-criminal.  America-hater.

LOL.....yea right.  Defending someome's 1st amendment right to be an ass is so "America-hating"

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2007, 11:32:14 AM »
We all witnessed you defending the pre-criminal.

America-hater.

I say we lock him up indefinitely at our new secret prison, Gotchabytheballs Bay, and subject him to endless repetitions of 'Disco Duck', played at high volume.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2007, 12:11:44 PM »
I say we lock him up indefinitely at our new secret prison, Gotchabytheballs Bay, and subject him to endless repetitions of 'Disco Duck', played at high volume.

You're as bad as AlQeada       :P

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »
Worse, actually.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016