Author Topic: Whoever is using my name at ThinkProgress  (Read 6344 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Whoever is using my name at ThinkProgress
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
You're a fucking moron and if I find out who it is, you are going to regret it for the rest of your life.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:

Richpo64

Re: Whoever is using my name at ThinkProgress
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 02:16:21 PM »
Did you copyright it or something?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:43:06 PM »
I looked up you name
its used alot unless their all yours
in fact BT is in alot of places also
I just figured people like that name also

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 12:44:22 AM »
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/26/katulis-kagan/#comment-4038807

I did. Bite me!

They asked for an idiot, so I figured you fit the bill.

Totally joking of course. After all, I only scanned all of your recent posts to determine the most ill-fated attempt at a reasonable thinking person I could found and located you, the perfect fit. Actually, I have spent quite some time hours scanning ALL of your recent posts (not just Brassmark) to determine your positions on the issues and even though many of you are hopeleslly lost in liberal hell, I will assist others in correcting your deficient and very tiny mindsets. Do not be afriad, I will help SAVE you....

Seriously, Brassmark, your posts reflect a logic defined by the intelligence of a snail. It's okay; I will help you retain sanity...

Let's start the lesson: balance is spelled B - A - L - A - N - C - E. And tiny brain is spelled T - I - N - Y  B - R - A - I - N. As in yours.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:50:29 AM by Mr_Perceptive »

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:38:59 AM »
Wow. That seemed entirely unnecessary.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:44:51 AM »
Thank you for your lesson in Psychology 101. Wanna send me a bill? Send it to

10 Downing Street
London, England

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 04:07:39 PM »
They asked for an idiot, so I figured you fit the bill.

I would like to encourage our debates to center on issues and eschew ad homininim attacks and unwarranted insults.

Do you have any suggestions for this aim Mr Perceptive?

What most encourages debaters to engauge their talents in real debate?

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
Ah, a poser, too.

Intriguing. You cannot address me without addressing the 54 times recently the Left has presented personal attacks, or, are you admiting to intellectual dishonesty and preference?

personal attacks are infinitum here; just following the established path, trod upon by many many others. When in Rome...

A devotee of Socrates, I see. I admire Socrates for his depth in analytical thinking and his excellent record in battle.

There is a time for Socrates and higher order thinking and there is a time for direct action. This is a time for the latter. I do perceive a rut in the road here--- I am charitably pulling people out of it.

As you undoubtedly know, Plato refers to Socrates as the nuisance of the State. I am here to fulfill this role, if need be. Stretching is required. The metaphorical poison of Socrates is the intellectual laziness of this board. I will attempt to engage this disease and apply corrective measures such as to present a DIFFERING and DIRECT view.

So, thank you for your cautious probing, but direct incision is needed, in my opinion and THAT is whom I listen to.

Onward into the fray...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:33:15 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 05:24:03 PM »
    I don't consider the left to be my department , we have moderators on the left and their quality controll is their adequate to their aims , taking their available resource into account.

I don't see why the right shouldn't promote civility because we value civility . Having the civility returned might or might not happen afterwards , but you certainly cant expect civility to be returned before it has been given can you?

I am very flattered to be compared to Socrates , but I don't feel as though I am really in his league he is even if I attempt to emulate him in a smaller way. I think of Debate as a good idea for everyone and I would promote more knowledge about it to be more generally available , perhaps it can become more common as a means of hashing out problems and the society as a whole can benefit as more of us become more willing to use it , and better at using it.

SO I need to return to my question ,rephrased, what in your opinion, Mr Perceptive , is a good way for me to get what I want ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:31:30 PM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 05:28:38 PM »
Plato refers to Socrates as the nuisance of the State. I am here to fulfil lthis role, if need be. Stretching is required. The metaphorical poison of Socrates is the intellectual laziness of this board. I will attempt to engage this disease and apply corrective measures such as to present a DIFFERING and DIRECT view.

That is good stuff , no one should be accepting of sloppy logic just because it is from the state or an august sorce , or even because it is supporting a favoriate cause.

We should all be demanding explanation and demand that explanation make sense.

Cynthia

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »
Is it Brassmask or Brassmark?

crocat

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »
I don't know but when you click on 'brassmask' it dumps you back here.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »
    I don't consider the left to be my department , we have moderators on the left and their quality controll is their adequate to their aims , taking their available resource into account.

I don't see why the right shouldn't promote civility because we value civility . Having the civility returned might or might not happen afterwards , but you certainly cant expect civility to be returned before it has been given can you?

I am very flattered to be compared to Socrates , but I don't feel as though I am really in his league he is even if I attempt to emulate him in a smaller way. I think of Debate as a good idea for everyone and I would promote more knowledge about it to be more generally available , perhaps it can become more common as a means of hashing out problems and the society as a whole can benefit as more of us become more willing to use it , and better at using it.

SO I need to return to my question ,rephrased, what in your opinion, Mr Perceptive , is a good way for me to get what I want ?

The problem exists that I could care less what YOU want. Not a personal attack, just honesty, a rare trait indeed.

The Professor, a colleague of mine, told me this would happen. I waited for it. Only took a few days, too. I guess I owe him a fiver. The bet was how long it would take. He saidi less than a week. I said one to two. The best was $5.00. Damn! This is the third bet I have lost to him in the past few months, too. He'll rag me to death about it , too! ha!

But since he is soon to be in Ethiopia, it'll have to wait. I won't be seeing him til he gets back anyway.

As far as preference in this forum, I conclude with:  "Equity is a roguish thing." -- John Selden.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:42:41 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

yellow_crane

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 12:16:04 AM »

The Professor, a colleague of mine, told me this would happen. I waited for it. Only took a few days, too. I guess I owe him a fiver.

Wasn't a week ago your colleague stated that he "should have known" when some poster disagreed with him.

Both seem to bespeak of being personally let down.

Comes off like . . . 'I knew, but I tried anyhow, then they let me down . . .'

Seems awfully victimy.

Think they will accept the shame and change their tune, to save your widdle feelings?