Author Topic: Cruising While Republican  (Read 7429 times)

Richpo64

Cruising While Republican
« on: September 06, 2007, 08:48:32 AM »
CRUISING WHILE REPUBLICAN
by Ann Coulter
September 5, 2007

If you've just returned from your Labor Day vacation and are scanning the headlines from last week's newspapers -- don't panic! America is not threatened by a category 5 hurricane named "Larry Craig."

Despite the 9/11-level coverage, Larry Craig is merely accused of "cruising while Republican." There is nothing liberals love more than gay-baiting, which they disguise as an attack on "hypocrisy."

Chris Matthews opened his "Hardball" program on Aug. 28 by saying Larry Craig had been "exposed as both a sexual deviant and a world-class hypocrite."

Normally, using the word "deviant" in reference to any form of sodomy would be a linguistic crime worse than calling someone a "nappy headed ho." Luckily, Craig is a Republican.

As a backup precaution, Matthews has worked to ensure that there is virtually no audience for "Hardball." I shudder to think of the damage such a remark might have done if uttered about a non-Republican on a TV show with actual viewers.

The New York Times ran 15 articles on Craig's guilty plea to "disorderly conduct" in a bathroom. The Washington Post ran 20 articles on Craig. MSNBC covered it like it was the first moon landing -- Three small taps for a man, one giant leap for public gay sex!

In other news last week, two Egyptian engineering students, Ahmed Abdellatif Sherif Mohamed and Youssef Samir Megahed, were indicted in Tampa on charges of carrying pipe bombs across states lines. They were caught with the bombs in their car near a Navy base.

But back to the real news of the week: CNN's Dana Bash reported that the Larry Craig story was "everywhere and it is not going to let up."

If liberals were any happier, they'd be gay.

Just as liberals were reaching a fever-pitch of pretend shock and dismay at Larry Craig, it was announced that Craig was resigning. And there went MSNBC's fall program schedule.

Indignant that Craig had short-circuited their gleeful gay-baiting, liberals quickly switched to a new set of talking points. In the blink of an eye, they went from calling Craig a "deviant" to attacking Republicans for not insisting that Craig stay.

Liberals said the only reason Republicans were not blanketing the airwaves defending Craig -- maybe running him for president -- was because of Republican "homophobia." After howling with rage all week about gay Republicans, to turn around and call Republicans homophobes on Friday was nothing if not audacious.

But last Friday -- or, for short, "the day the two bomb-carrying Egyptian students were indicted and the mainstream media was too busy jeering at Larry Craig to notice" -- The New York Times editorialized:

"Underlying the (Republicans') hurry to disown the senator, of course, is the party's brutal agenda of trumpeting the gay-marriage issue. To the extent Sen. Craig, a stalwart in the family values caucus, might morph into a blatant hypocrite before the voters' eyes, he reflects on the party's record in demonizing homosexuality. The rush to cast him out betrays the party's intolerance, which is on display for the public in all of its ugliness."

Liberals don't even know what they mean by "hypocrite" anymore. It's just a word they throw out in a moment of womanly pique, like "extremist" -- or, come to think of it, "gay." How is Craig a "hypocrite," much less a "blatant hypocrite"?

Assuming the worst about Craig, the Senate has not held a vote on outlawing homosexual impulses. It voted on gay marriage. Craig not only opposes gay marriage, he's in a heterosexual marriage with kids. Talk about walking the walk!

Did Craig propose marriage to the undercover cop? If not, I'm not seeing the "hypocrisy."

And why is it "homophobic" for Senate Republicans to look askance at sex in public bathrooms? Is the Times claiming that sodomy in public bathrooms is the essence of being gay? I thought gays just wanted to get married to one another and settle down in the suburbs so they could visit each other in the hospital.

Liberals have no idea what they think about homosexuality, which is why their arguments are completely contradictory. They gay-bait Republicans with abandon -- and then turn around and complain about homophobia.

They call Larry Craig a "deviant" based on accusations that he attempted to solicit sex in a public bathroom -? and then ferociously attack efforts to prevent people from having sex in public bathrooms.

They say people are born gay -- and then they say it's the celibacy requirement that turns Catholic priests gay.

They tell us gays want nothing more than to get married -- and then say it's homophobic to oppose homosexual sex in public bathrooms.

Unlike liberals, the "family values caucus" that the Times loathes has only one position on homosexuality: Whatever your impulses are, don't engage in homosexual sex. In fact, don't have any sex at all unless it is between a husband and wife.

The Idaho Statesman spent eight months investigating a rumor that Craig was gay. They interviewed 300 people, going back to his college days. They walked around Union Station in Washington, D.C., with a picture of Craig, asking people if they had seen him loitering around the men's bathrooms.

And they produced nothing.

All they had was the original anonymous charge of sodomy in a bathroom at Union Station that started the eight-month investigation in the first place -- and his plea to "disorderly conduct" after an ambiguous encounter in a bathroom in Minneapolis. Even his enemies said they had never seen any inappropriate conduct by Craig.

If the charges against Craig are true -- and that is certainly in doubt -- he's a sinner (and barely that, according to The Idaho Statesman), but he is among the least hypocritical people in America.

COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE
4520 Main Street, Kansas City, MO

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cruising While Republican
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »
Out of curiosity, and this is directed to everyone in general, what did Craig do that was so bad?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, and this is directed to everyone in general, what did Craig do that was so bad?

Apparently he joined the Republican Party

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
Well, forgiving him that obvious poor judgement, I don't really see that what he did deserves him being tossed out of the Senate.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 02:32:13 PM »
You'll have to take that up with the gay bashers and outters.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »
So far as I know, the worst he did was tap his shoe on the shoe of a cop who was in the john to catch men who might be flirting with other men.

This is at most, tacky and in bad taste.

According to Newsweek, the citizens of Minneapolis are paying the cop over $70,000 per year to snare gays who flirt in bathrooms. If I had a choice about whether I wanted my taxes to pay for bathroom monitors, I doubt I would spring for it. Lots of PhD's don't make $70K.

I don't see how this disqualifies him from being a senator, but of course, it sure seems like he is a gay bashing queer, which is a tad on the hypocritical side.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

I could care less that he is, apparently, either gay or bisexual, and in serious denial about it. I am a bit perturbed that he seems to be a hypocrite about it, what with claiming to be a family values kind of guy.

But the real crime here, for those who missed it, is trolling for sex in a public restroom. Ask yourself if you would be asking that same question if he had been successful and the cop had walked in on him having sex with an underage boy, or even another man, in the same restroom.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
But the real crime here, for those who missed it, is trolling for sex in a public restroom. Ask yourself if you would be asking that same question if he had been successful and the cop had walked in on him having sex with an underage boy, or even another man, in the same restroom.

I've walking into a restroom and seen two guys having sex. I've walked into a restroom and seen a guy and a girl going at it.

Neither seemed to bother me too much. I think it bothered them much more.

I didn't bother to card either set.

For that matter, I saw a couple having sex against a pole at a concert once.

*shrug*

Don't see the big deal.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:16:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't really see the problem either.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Richpo64

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »
If asking for sex in public places is illegal, bars will have to close tomorrow.

I also heard that as a Congressman, he can't be arrested on the way to or from his official duties. Something about the Constitution.  :o

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »
Had I walked in on Craig and another man having sex in a john, I would have been annoyed. If one of them had been mugging the other, I would have been a lot more disturbed, and would have left in search of a cop.

I don't know whether Craig is into little boys. The cop looked definitely to be of age.

"Crime" is often very subjectively defined.

If I go up to Ft/ Lauderdale Beach and sit at a table outside a beachside bar and drink a beer, I am perfectly legal. Everyone can see me drinking my beer or anything else alcoholic.

If I bring my own beer and sit on a park bench about three feet away from said table, I am guilty of the crime of drinking in public and can be fined $50.00 or arrested for public drunkenness based entirely on some damn cop's opinion. No breath test, either.

Whether the public sees me drinking a beer is not the issue. A cynic might say that if I pay $1.00 for a beer and bring it with me, that is a crime, but if I pay $4.00 to the bar, that is okay.

There are also fines for possessing a glass bottle of beer unless I am within the domain of the bar, which, as I said, is every bit as public to any observer as the rest of the beach.

It would not bother me at all if Craig were to withdraw his charges or simply refuse to resign, and allow the people of Idaho to decide about his fitness for office. It's not like he's going to lose his fat, juicy Senate pension either way. I would not vote for him, but he has been railroaded here, just as he claims.

Having sex in the john is not the same as simply playing footsie, just as flirting in a bar is not the same as prostitution.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
But he is gay supposedly and Republican and supposedly a gay bashing homophobe hypocrite republican because he thinks that marriage as defined should be between a man and a woman. And certain segments of society believe the gates of hell should open up and swallow this man whole.

And i just don't understand the mean spirited glee behind it nor the shallow justification for it.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 08:16:20 PM »
Breaking the Law While Republican, you mean.
That's OK, I forgot, IOKIYAR.

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
Breaking the Law While Republican, you mean.
That's OK, I forgot, IOKIYAR.

Bull

He was outted as a gay republican. That was his crime. And his alleged hypocrisy was just your cover.

Patrick Kennedy was busted for DUI,  is he still in the house?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 09:13:49 PM »
good lord

as i mentioned a million times
I live in san francisco
not once have I seen anybody have sex in the bathroom
I got a bladder like a hummingbird so i go to alot of bathrooms
the only strange thing that happens is a gang of women took over the bathroom I was using,but i was in mid-stream so I didn`t stop.
thier are moments modesty is not a priority,no matter how many women are present.