Author Topic: Just gotta love the in-your-face hypocrisy  (Read 3530 times)

yellow_crane

Re: Just gotta love the in-your-face hypocrisy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 07:32:55 PM »
>>Crane is unquestionably correct from a mature and intelligent standpoint,...<

Sounds like domer is trolling for sex too.

While everybody is aware that domer is not homosexual, nor am I, they are also aware that once again, out of nowhere, Richpo buffs up his post with homosexual themes.

One day, without any accusations from anybody, he will drop the straw and will inadvertantly cross the line, and they will all snap.

From that moment on, he will only be considered honest to them if and when he comes out.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
I guess if you persist inpursuing this inanity, the comparison is more compelling between the footprint a man of his stature usually leaves and the one he actually leaves in the aggregate, rather than some nonsensical baseline of absolute zero. It is important to note in this regard that the footprints he does leave often are erased at destination by the footprints he persuades others to forego.

More nonsense. For example the concert he promoted o raise green awareness left a decided negative footprint.

Gore apparently is exempt from practicing what he preaches.

Presidential caliber non candidate or not.

Knutey

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »
I guess if you persist inpursuing this inanity, the comparison is more compelling between the footprint a man of his stature usually leaves and the one he actually leaves in the aggregate, rather than some nonsensical baseline of absolute zero. It is important to note in this regard that the footprints he does leave often are erased at destination by the footprints he persuades others to forego.

More nonsense. For example the concert he promoted o raise green awareness left a decided negative footprint.

Gore apparently is exempt from practicing what he preaches.

Presidential caliber non candidate or not.

You greedy Rwers cant stand the fact that you dont have all the goodies and that the rest of US have a few too so you feign that we are hypocrits because the US  dooesnt give everything to you. Wee tooo bad losers. I think Americans are finally waking up to your greed & duplicity.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »
You greedy Rwers cant stand the fact that you dont have all the goodies and that the rest of US have a few too so you feign that we are hypocrits because the US  dooesnt give everything to you. Wee tooo bad losers. I think Americans are finally waking up to your greed & duplicity.

Did the US give Gore what he has? Thought he was presidential caliber material?

He really should practice what he preaches. Hypocrisy seems such an issue with you guys.

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »

Did the US give Gore what he has? Thought he was presidential caliber material?

He really should practice what he preaches. Hypocrisy seems such an issue with you guys.

He does practice what he preaches which is success for more than just RW sycophants.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »
He does practice what he preaches which is success for more than just RW sycophants.

How so? He has some of the highest utility bills in Tennessee.

He is a large shareholder in an oil company.

He jets around the country in private aircraft.

He salves his conscience by trading carbon credits. How does trading carbon credits reduce usage?

Knutey

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »

How so? He has some of the highest utility bills in Tennessee.

He is a large shareholder in an oil company.

He jets around the country in private aircraft.

He salves his conscience by trading carbon credits. How does trading carbon credits reduce usage?

Success for more than you RW loons which you cannot abide in your greed .

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 12:51:18 AM »
I have no problem with his success.

I just think he would be more successful in his advocacy if he would only practice what he preached.

I wouldn't take an advisement of non-violence seriously from a Jeffrey Dahmer, I would from Ghandi.

You see the dilemma?

Knutey

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 01:00:04 AM »
I have no problem with his success.

I just think he would be more successful in his advocacy if he would only practice what he preached.

I wouldn't take an advisement of non-violence seriously from a Jeffrey Dahmer, I would from Ghandi.

You see the dilemma?

I see that you think you are the masters of the Universe when you are really only the masturbaters of it.
You dont have a clue as to what Gore is saying. Only your perverted take on it.
YOU are supposed to have all the wealth and the rest of US the shit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 01:26:03 AM »
Have you not been taking your meds again, knute?  You're jibberishing even more than you ususally do
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:54:31 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
“Liberals don’t even know what they mean by ‘hypocrite’ anymore. It’s just a word they throw out in a moment of womanly pique, like ‘extremist’ —or, come to think of it, ‘gay.’ How is [Larry] Craig a ‘hypocrite,’ much less a ‘blatant hypocrite’? Assuming the worst about Craig, the Senate has not held a vote on outlawing homosexual impulses. It voted on gay marriage. Craig not only opposes gay marriage, he’s in a heterosexual marriage with kids. Talk about walking the walk! Did Craig propose marriage to the undercover cop? If not, I’m not seeing the ‘hypocrisy.’ And why is it ‘homophobic’ for Senate Republicans to look askance at sex in public bathrooms? Is [The New York] Times claiming that sodomy in public bathrooms is the essence of being gay? I thought gays just wanted to get married to one another and settle down in the suburbs so they could visit each other in the hospital. Liberals have no idea what they think about homosexuality, which is why their arguments are completely contradictory. They gay-bait Republicans with abandon—and then turn around and complain about homophobia. They call Larry Craig a ‘deviant’ based on accusations that he attempted to solicit sex in a public bathroom—and then ferociously attack efforts to prevent people from having sex in public bathrooms. They say people are born gay—and then they say it’s the celibacy requirement that turns Catholic priests gay... Unlike liberals, the ‘family values caucus’ that the Times loathes has only one position on homosexuality: Whatever your impulses are, don’t engage in homosexual sex. In fact, don’t have any sex at all unless it is between a husband and wife.” —Ann Coulter

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
No, public transportation, commercial aviation, ever hear of it?.  Hell, 1st class if he wants and pays for it.  Downsizing his house would be a step in the right direction as well.  Downgrade the limo to a Prius perhaps.  Alot of things he could realistically do, but chooses not to, and instead demands that the rest of us do, because the "earth needs it" for its salvation.  Flying in a luxurious private gulfstream is not a picture you want around your neck when trying to advocate the rest of us use bicyles & mass transit

Actually, Al Gore lives very near here in an extremely wealthy city called Belle Meade (one of the wealthiest in the country). The other side of that story is that he did try and make his home very green by installing a great deal of devices to make it energy independent and use grey water for verious purposes, as well as composting. Yet, that did not sit well with his neigbors. Many of his plans were denied by the city of Belle Meade. So Gore was mostly at fault for not planning ahead more than just overtly being hypocritical.

As for riding in a private jet. That's just the way wealthy people travel.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »
Nice rationalization efforts.  So, I can plant some $20's under my tree outfront to help offset some of my carbon footprints.  I can use whatever energy I want, regardless of how much, because ......well, because my intentions and rhetoric are honorable.  Actions are so overrated      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »
There are not flights and connections everywhere, and Gore, as a public fugure, is certainly more of a target than the average guy. I am sure that if Gore took a commercial flight (and we don't know that he doesn't do this at times, do we?) and it was blown to bits by Al Qaeda or some other nut (perhaps Ann Coulter, who knows?) sirs would be raining about how Gore should have taken a private jet and not exposed the other 500 or so jumbo jet passengers to the risk of flying with Al Gore, a "known target".

Once more, slurs is unconvincing.

If Gore can slow down global warming more buy taking his private jet, I say, shut the eff up and let him do his business.

I wonder how many commercial flights Olebush, Cheney, Rummy and Juniorbush have taken in the past 20 years.

Those military transports are ancient and pollute a helluva lot more than a puny Gulfstream.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
Nice rationalization efforts.  So, I can plant some $20's under my tree outfront to help offset some of my carbon footprints.  I can use whatever energy I want, regardless of how much, because ......well, because my intentions and rhetoric are honorable.  Actions are so overrated      ::)

I'm not rationalizing anything. I think some of Gore's actions are deserving of criticism. I'm simply stating the other side of the story that seems to never get told.

To Gore's credit, he at least discusses the major issues with the environment. This seems far removed from the reality of many other politicians and citizens who can't be bothered with such trivial concerns as the future of mankind.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.