Author Topic: Conception Day  (Read 2188 times)

Mr_Perceptive

Conception Day
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:14:51 PM »
Russian province gets set for 'Conception Day' 

Sep 10 08:20 AM US/Eastern

A Russian province is readying for "Family Contact" day -- unofficially being called "Conception Day" -- in an effort to boost flagging birth rates, officials said on Monday.
The special day for encouraging procreation was dreamt up by the governor of Ulyanovsk province, Sergei Morozov, who this year awarded prizes ranging from a television to a Russian-made all-terrain vehicle for giving birth on Russia's Constitution Day on June 12.

President Vladimir Putin has made fixing Russia's ongoing population slump a national priority.

This Wednesday's event is timed precisely nine months ahead of next year's Constitution Day so that mothers "ideally should give birth on June 12," said a spokeswoman for the administration, speaking by telephone to AFP.

A series of concerts and exhibitions are being organised to promote family values and employers are being encouraged to grant a discretionary day off, said the spokeswoman.

"The purpose is to improve the demographic situation and support family values," she said, adding that a four-year programme of building and improving kindergartens was under way to support families.

On Monday, the independent national paper Novye Izvestiya reported that local people had taken to referring to Wednesday as "Conception Day," although it also noted some dissent.

"We've already sunk to the level where the governor is ordering us on what day to conceive a child and on what day to give birth," the paper quoted local human rights activist Alexander Bragin as saying.

The administration spokeswoman said that next year's prizes for giving birth on Constitution Day had not yet been decided but underlined that "there definitely will be prizes."

The tradition of awarding prizes for giving birth dates back to Soviet times, when women could be named "Hero Mothers" for having especially large families.

The city of Ulyanovsk, previously Simbirsk, located 900 kilometres (560 miles) east of Moscow has a special place in national mythology as it was named after the founder of the Soviet Union, Vladimir Lenin, whose real surname was Ulyanov.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070910121950.syw0vp1n&show_article=1

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Conception Day
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:04:17 PM »
What are obstetricians going to call the day ,that follows Conception day ,by nine months?

Richpo64

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:06:26 PM »
I brought the subject up of birth rates years ago after reading Pat Buchanan's book on the subject. I was dutifully called a racist and a fool by our resident leftists.

So now I'd like to say: Told you so.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:15:02 PM »
I am not seeing how this article about Russia vindicates you, Richpo, in any way. Would you care to elucidate?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Richpo64

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »
Fuck off princess.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »
I see. You don't have anything of substance to say, you just wanted to claim vindication. I'm sure we're all happy for you.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Richpo64

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:39:12 PM »
Didn't I just tell you to fuck off?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 11:43:22 PM »
I'm (not really at all) sorry. Was I supposed to care?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:19:34 AM »
anywho
does this mean russians will have seasonal births like animals now?

Richpo64

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 12:24:39 AM »
>>does this mean russians will have seasonal births like animals now?<<

No, what it means for people are aren't too pedestrian to understand it is Russia realizes it has a problem. A big problem. If birth rates continue as is, they will cease to exist as a people in approximately three generations. So they are trying to do something about it. Eventual all of Europe will realize they face the same end and won't worry about being called a racist and do something similar.

America doesn't have the same problem, yet.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 12:30:39 AM »
Italy has that problem
they got ZPG big time
but it`ds like like the men can`t handle modern women
and the women don`t want to settle .

Richpo64

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »
>.but it`ds like like the men can`t handle modern women
and the women don`t want to settle .<<

I'm not sure that's exactly how I'd put it, but it does have something to do with modern birth control methods and abortion. Pick a reason. Either way, Western societies aren't having babies in sufficient numbers to sustain their population. It's likely Muslim's will fill the gap and there will be no more Russia, or Italy, or France. etc.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »
Once upon a time, there were folks from the political left who wanted government to institute population controls because supposedly we were having too many babies. Now, there are folks from the political right who want government to institute population controls because we're not having enough babies. Got to be a pony in there somewhere, right?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »
muslim might over run us
but they`ll be dirt poor(opp.already is)
that little detail will have a effect.
there`s a reason muslim come to this country
these are not exactly muslim missonaries trying to convert americans.
and american ain`t exactly converting muslims
we realkly don`t have that big a fear of being over taken
attacked yes but over run
ehh

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 09:50:09 AM »
>.but it`ds like like the men can`t handle modern women
and the women don`t want to settle .<<

I'm not sure that's exactly how I'd put it, but it does have something to do with modern birth control methods and abortion. Pick a reason. Either way, Western societies aren't having babies in sufficient numbers to sustain their population. It's likely Muslim's will fill the gap and there will be no more Russia, or Italy, or France. etc.

Perhaps these governments who are so concerned about the lack of population growth should promore policies that will encourage procreation.