Author Topic: What the people of Anbar are saying  (Read 9602 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: What the people of Anbar are saying
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
JS

Perhaps diplomatic pressure is being applied to the Saudi's. and i'm aware of Saudi statements that they would aid the sunni's if Iran had undo influence on IOraq. I'm not aware that they are actively funding sunni insurgents now.

Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

Christian Science Monitor

CBS

Int'l forecaster

BBC

Saudi citizens funding the Sunni's is not the same as the government doing so. Your statement at best was misleading.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »

The point at which you presented your question, was directly related to Tee's implied false guise of bringing democracy to Iraq, because of course, it's just all for the oil

Believe it or not, I did not collude with Tee to reinforce any of his arguments. This was my question and I've voiced this concern before.

I doubt seriously you were in collusion, the timing and how you phrased your question simply reinforced his asanine position

So, what DO YOU suggest in helping to bring about democracy to Saudi Arabia, and other Suuni led countries??

At this time, quite frankly, I don't suggest anything because it has nothing to do with our current situation in Iraq and Saudi funding and arms shipments to Sunni Insurgents in Iraq.

So, let me get this straight.....You were complaining about Bush doing precisely what you'd advocate...nothing presently     ::)

And............................?  You advocating we go after anyone who's Suuni?  and you haven't answered my question.  Given our reasons for going into Iraq was to deal with the WMD threat, why would we go into any other country to bring about Democracy?

1. The Sunni insurgents ARE IN IRAQ. They are not in another country. I don't know why you keep suggesting that.

Why then did you reference Saudis originally??

3. GIven #1 why are we sitting by and allowing the Sunni Insurgents (IN IRAQ) to readily re-arm and find funding, while we go gung-ho at the Shi'ite militias and the Iranians.

You just said nothing should be done, currently.  So, let's see if there's a new answer, what would you suggest doing to the Iraqi Suuni??

Basically the Iranians and Saudis are guilty of the same crime (if either is proven true), why is Saudi Arabia given a free pass? Why are Sunni Insurgents given leniency over Shi'a insurgents?

Hey, I've been on board the wagon to pull out of Saudi Arabia LONG ago.  I have no interest or sympathy for its regime.  So, I'm not giving them a pass, what-so-ever.  Are you again re-suggesting military intervention, that you supposedly never were advocating before?

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »
Saudi citizens funding the Sunni's is not the same as the government doing so. Your statement at best was misleading.

I did not realize that I claimed the Saudi government was directly involved. Yet, this is similar to Iran. We have no direct evidence linking Tehran or Riyadh to the violence in Iraq.

That doesn't mean that either is not pulling strings. Does it? (Of course it does not mean that they are, either)

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2007, 09:30:13 AM »
Are you again re-suggesting military intervention, that you supposedly never were advocating before?

You're an idiot.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2007, 11:02:36 AM »
Well, I see you've transitioned down to the H mode of debate       :-\      Let me look back and see if at any time I stooped down that far to simply firing off personal insults & slurs...........................................................................................

nope, that'd be all you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »
Sure you have Sirs, just without coming out and saying it.

You keep making veiled insults that I've lied and said one thing while meaning another.

I have not. I'm tired of the accusations and your unwillingness to engage in thoughtful conversation. Therefore, I've given you the moniker you've earned in this debate.

For example: "Are you again re-suggesting military intervention, that you supposedly never were advocating before?"

Could have been asked in an appropriate way, but no, you chose the passive-aggressive, cowardly Sirs way of veiled insult and implying meaning that never existed.

I'd much rather deal with someone who's at least honest without the facade. I'll pass on your bullshit insults and your childish debate tactics. Grow a spine, then discuss like a damned adult.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
Sure you have Sirs, just without coming out and saying it.

Oh I like that, now we have the Tee approach to validation, where lack of proof is proof positive

You keep making veiled insults that I've lied and said one thing while meaning another.

NEVER said lied, I said distorted.  We'll leave the bald faced lies to Tee & knute.  To the point though, did you, or did you not say "This turning a blind eye to the Saudis and Sunnis in general, seems to undermine the entire argument for democracy in Iraq"??

THAT directly implies that the attempt to bring about democracy by this administration is apparently insincere because in your view, they're not doing enough against the Saudis and Suuni, (and also bolsters Tee's garbage, that you made your comments in response to.)  YOU said that, not I, and when I called you on it, you tried to make this into some semantic bubble game, where it's apparently just questioning this very minute, all the while ignoring both my questions as to what you would do, and simply gripe of how I'm apparently an idiot. 

With all the garbage that gets flung around here, especially from the likes of knute, that you have at no time '[ve noted ever criticized, I'm the apparent idiot.  You know Js, that level of objectivity that I thought you had, being one of the few lefties in this forum to have any, pretty much got sucked dry in this thread.  You're appearing to become more and more of a blinded anti-war, anti-Bush partisan, because I'm not coming to your view of things.  Welcome to Brass-land

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »
<<We'll leave the bald faced lies to Tee & knute. >>

How about leaving them with you, where they start and finish?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »
<<We'll leave the bald faced lies to Tee & knute. >>

How about leaving them with you, where they start and finish?

Probably because they neither start nor finish with me.  Nice try, though

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »
<<Probably because they neither start nor finish with me.>>

There's another one.

<<Nice try, though>>

Nah, with you it's real easy. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »
As long as you're entertained tee

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
In my firmament of entertainers, you're one of the brightest stars, sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »
Apparently beyond bald face lying about Bush lying us into war, stolen election, tt's all about the oil, widespread support of all torture, yada, rant, blather, & all the rest of like minded garbage, needing to get the last word in is also necessary for the Tee-ego.

By all means, the floor is yours

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »

<<By all means, the floor is yours>>

Thank you.

<<Apparently beyond bald face lying about Bush lying us into war, stolen election, tt's all about the oil, widespread support of all torture>>

You have a serious problem accepting those truths, but most people already have, maybe what needs to be seriously examined is your own inability to face up to painful truths.

<< yada, rant, blather, & all the rest of like minded garbage>>

I think you'll need to get more specific if you want to be taken seriously.

<< needing to get the la word in is also necessary for the Tee-ego.>>

It is really necessary not to give the last word to lying bullshit artists like yourself, sirs.  I hope something more than ego is involved, but if it's only ego, so be it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »
They don't just throw up a perimeter around the mines or the oil wells or whatever they came to exploit and rob the hell out of them without pretending to govern the rest of the country.  \
==================================
This is pretty much what the Brits did in the UAE, Bahrein, Qatar and Kuwait, carved off from Saudi Arabia in the first three cases and Iraq from the latter.

Other instances: Port Arthur, HongKong, Goa and Macao
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."