Author Topic: Rude Student Tasered After Asking Kerry A Question  (Read 14071 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Rude Student Tasered After Asking Kerry A Question
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »
I thought the tasing was administered at the back of the room unseen by most of the audience, which might explain why they didn't intervene.

The guy was surrounded by cops.  There's absolutely no excuse for the tasing.  Those cops oughtta be fired and sued.  The kid had a legitimate question and Kerry didn't answer it.  STILL hasn't answered it as far as I know.  I think this will hurt Kerry and maybe all Democrats because Kerry is a darling of the DLC.  At the least it will provoke a lot of questioning by students who might be expected to work hard for the party as to why they should bust their ass for the DLC and its "hero" John Kerry, who did nothing to stop the thuggery.

I think the U.S. (and to a much lesser extent, Canada too) needs a new kind of leadership.  Not an elite of arrogant ass-holes who are developing a Louis XIV attitude towards the common folk they think they are born to rule.  I am sick over what has become of the Democratic Party.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »
I don't see where it was a Kerry problem. Andi don't see where it was a dem problem. Nor do i think the crowd should have gotten involved.

If the cops upon review overreacted i'm sure the authorities will rectify the situation. You do trust the state don't you?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 10:53:11 PM »
I think it could BECOME a Kerry problem.  Was Kerry waffling?  Was the kid long at the mic because Kerry was stalling on an answer?  That's one way it could become Kerry's problem.  Another is how did Kerry handle the situation as the kid was being subdued and dragged off?  Where was his indignation?  Where was his command presence?  Why was he not able to prevent the cops just by demanding they stop?  How much of a chance did he have and how much of an effort did he make?  Are the cops seen as rescuing an unwilling-to-answer Kerry from a persistent questioner?

The crowd should have disarmed the cops.  They were obviously out of control and a danger to the students present.

And trusting the state is one thing, trusting the State of Florida is another.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
One article I read said that part of the audience cheered when he was taken out.

=====================================================
But how is this important in any way?  There are assholes like Richie-Poo who will ALWAYS welcome the humiliation of anyone who questions authority.

There were doubtless people who cheered at the crucifixion of Jesus. How does that make this right?

We are not subjects of the country. We are CITIZENS. Kerry works for the people. We do not serve the goddamned asshole tasering cops.

There was no reason to cuff this student. He was right to resist. The cops should be fired. They don't belong on any police force3, and certai9nly not a university police force.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »
I think it could BECOME a Kerry problem.  Was Kerry waffling?  Was the kid long at the mic because Kerry was stalling on an answer?  That's one way it could become Kerry's problem.  Another is how did Kerry handle the situation as the kid was being subdued and dragged off?  Where was his indignation?  Where was his command presence?  Why was he not able to prevent the cops just by demanding they stop?  How much of a chance did he have and how much of an effort did he make?  Are the cops seen as rescuing an unwilling-to-answer Kerry from a persistent questioner?

The crowd should have disarmed the cops.  They were obviously out of control and a danger to the students present.

And trusting the state is one thing, trusting the State of Florida is another.

I don't think you watched the video. The answer to your questions are there.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 11:04:28 PM »
UNfortunately I didn't watch the video; that's why I'm not sure how much of a problem this could be for Kerry. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 11:07:57 PM »
I suggest you do. Might save you from further embarrassment.

Mr. Helpful

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 11:11:34 PM »
I'm not embarrassed, in the first place I don't use my computer for watching videos, and in the second place, I think it was obvious from the post that I hadn't seen the video.

Richpo64

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »
>>Of course they used excessive force. He was no threat to Kerry, only an embarrassment.<<

What exactly did this guy do that was embarrassing to the left? It seems to me he was reading from the script.

Richpo64

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »
>>There's absolutely no excuse for the tasing.<<

I agree with Mike (somebody please shoot me). If six cops couldn't subdue him, the cops have a problem.

Richpo64

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »
>>Andi don't see where it was a dem problem.<<

I do. The Democrats have created these monsters, now they have to live with them. They told people the elections were stolen, and now the nut jobs believe it. They have sold their folks a bunch of lies, and it's coming back to haunt them.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 11:39:30 PM »
Seems to be part of the modus operandi of professional disrupters to not only disrupt but also resist arrest and bask in the mantle of martyrdom.

I think he just wanted to make a statement. I heard him make one loud and clear after they tased him.

"Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww!"
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 12:21:53 AM »

I think he just wanted to make a statement. I heard him make one loud and clear after they tased him.

"Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww! Owwwww!"

Heh. That's funny. But I do have to wonder if folks like the guy asking the question don't set out to end up roughed up by the police so they can claim police brutality and show how they suffered for the cause. I don't mean that as an excuse for what the guards (police?) did, but my cynicism naturally prompts me to question whether the guy was out to ask questions of Kerry or end up on YouTube suffering for questioning authority. When I watched the video, I thought a case could be made that the guy was putting on a performance so people would see him. And frankly, if he was there to question authority, simply walking out when the guard first came up to him while shouting his protest or question would have made more sense, imo. At least then if Kerry was really serious about answering he could have said, "wait a minute, I'd like a chance to answer the guy's question." It would have worked out better all around, seems to me. On the other hand, if the goal is to be seen on tape with police ganging up to abuse, then the guy who asked question did exactly everything I would expect a person to do in order to get that result. Again, I'm not excusing the behavior of the guards. I'm just left wondering if the guy didn't get exactly what he went in there to get. Governments are not the only entities that can have ulterior motives.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 01:16:28 AM »
I want that particular question answered myself.

Are there no qualified lawyers who are willing to take on the State of Florida?

Are there actualy no disenfranchised voters existing with the standing to sue and  the courage of conviction?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 05:18:03 AM »
But I do have to wonder if folks like the guy asking the question don't set out to end up roughed up by the police so they can claim police brutality and show how they suffered for the cause.

Especially since the guy has a history of doing that - getting people to record him doing outrageous stuff and putting the videos on his web site. Also, the video shown in the news was made with his own camera - he gave it to a friend and told her to record what he was going to do...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)