N 7
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: N 7
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:38 AM »
James Fenimore Cooper , in "The Last of the Mohican's " wrote a long passage about a tracker explaining how he could tell an Indian footprint from a whitemans , footwear notwithstanding.

It did not go something like this:

Tracker - Look this was where an Indian and a White man were walking together.

City Guy- You can really tell the difference between a whitemans foot print and an Indians?

Tracker - Oh yes , look here at the high arch , the wide toes , the light heelmark , the weigh balanced on the toe more than the heel , this is an Indians footprint.

City Guy- And the other?

Tracker - I see this one walked right through a fresh buffalo chip , this is a white guy.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
Good marketing ploy by Nike. Whether the typical nativeAmerican has the cash for it is a different issue altogether. The obesity and alcohol and drug rate among this population is much too high. I have seen it personally. Typically, there are no jobs nearthe reservations so they just drink themselves silly all day while subsisting on government handouts.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
Nikie is a shoe company , I think it appropriate that they solve a shoe problem.

The descripition they gave of Native American feet is a good description of some feet I know , I must be sure to tell them about this .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »
Indians do not have arched feet. Most of them are what is generally called "flat footed". They do tend to walk more on the ball of the foot, however.

There is no employment on the Rez because many Indians tend to be alcoholics. Alcoholics are generally not very productive workers.
If they do not have a government handout, they will devise a way of getting drunk by drinking all sorts of stuff not normally drunk by others. Sterno, Lysol spray, Final Net and White Rain hairsprays, rubbing alcohol and other products.

White Clay, Nebraska has 22 people, and four licquor licenses. Every year they sell $4,000,000 in booze, mostly to the Indians at the Pine Ridge Reservation, where most of the people are Lakota.

Indians are genetically prone to become alcoholics. Alcohol does not affect all humans in the same way.

There are a lot of people of European extraction who drink all day, every day, and they can function just fine, or at least in a way that does not disrupt their lives. Perhaps they are alcoholics, but it does not make them useless as it does others. Italians, French and Jews seem to include a lot of people like this.

There are some Indians who can do this as well, but a much lower percentage.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
parallels

Typically, there are no jobs nearthe reservations so they just drink themselves silly all day

I know alot of phillipino guards and I hear alot of them drink because their is no work back home
here they cut down on the drinking and do at least 2 jobs.
despite what some folks say
job availability does impact postively to alot of people
even drug dealers work at mcdonalds(freakonomics)