Author Topic: Politics isn't beanbag  (Read 416 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Politics isn't beanbag
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »

Weller Aide Pushes Reporter Down The Stairs
By Eric Kleefeld - September 21, 2007, 4:39PM

It looks like Congressman Jerry Weller (R-IL) ? the son-in-law of a former Central American dictator ? is going out in style.

After Weller's retirement announcement today, CBS Chicago political editor Mike Flannery and a camera crew followed Weller and asked him about a suspicious land deal in Nicaragua that some believe may have led to Weller's sudden retirement. Weller's aides, who surrounded him as a sort of security squad, got messy:

"There's a large man, who begins shoving reporters around, including yours truly. He shoves me one way, then he goes after another reporter with CLTV ... There's an opening in the doorway, and I begin moving through that doorway, and he shoves me down the stairs; he shoves me into a railing on the staircase and also into a woman in on the staircase who was traveling with Weller," Flannery said.

Weller then began yelling at the reporters on camera, threatening to call the police against them for having pushed the woman.

Flannery says he plans to press charges against the Congressman's staffer.
http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/09/weller_aide_pushes_reporter_down_the_stairs.php
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.