Author Topic: Iranian President AhmaIslamoNazijad  (Read 2778 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Iranian President AhmaIslamoNazijad
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:41:53 AM »

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like you do"

(Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Speech - Sept 24, 2007)

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Iranian President AhmaIslamoNazijad
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05:58 AM »
Sigh. It is a common greeting throughout the world is to exchange kisses on each cheek while shaking hands, even man-to-man and woman-to-woman.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
uh, i think we realize that
it was "tongue in cheek"
but it also shows how full of it AmaNazi is.
Like there really aren't homosexuals in iran
yeah right

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
uh, i think we realize that
it was "tongue in cheek"
but it also shows how full of it AmaNazi is.
Like there really aren't homosexuals in iran
yeah right

Of course there are. They're just married and pretending that they really aren't homosexual for fear of disgrace (not to mention execution).

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:30:53 PM »
Tell you what: gimme ninety days with 'em and I'll make REAL MEN out of them. Homosexuality cna be trained out of them. Go ahead and tell me it cannot be done but I've seen it happen.

First, you confront them phyiscally. After that, thier respect for both me and themsleves is bolstered.

Again, takes aorund ninety days, no holds barred.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »
true henny i can understand that
do they still execute homosexuals in iran or has that stopped?

henny how do you feel about President Ahmadinejad's visit to the United States, his invitation to speak at Columbia University, and about him in general?

Richpo64

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »
>>First, you confront them phyiscally.<<

You what?  :o

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:56:38 PM »
true henny i can understand that
do they still execute homosexuals in iran or has that stopped?

henny how do you feel about President Ahmadinejad's visit to the United States, his invitation to speak at Columbia University, and about him in general?

CU4LG, I think the execution law is still in place. I looked up the laws they have and it does say that any adult, of sound mind, who is charged with sodomy will be executed. There is a clause in there saying something about execution may be waived "if they repent." It also says that if a person wants to join the Iranian military but claims to be homosexual will not be accepted, as they are considered in Iran to be mentally ill.

As for President Ahmadinejad, I think he is a zealot and an idiot who is only President of Iran because of a fluke. I am glad, though, that Columbia let him speak. The first reason I am glad for it is because I do believe that it is a free speech issue, and despite arguments to the contrary that I've seen, Columbia is an academic institution and this was educational.

It was also good to hear him speak outside of bits and pieces we see in press articles - no group can claim that there is press bias in this. We can read the transcripts for ourselves. And the fact is that while he gave an eloquent speech, he couldn't hold up to tough questioning.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »
>>First, you confront them phyiscally.<<

You what?  :o

Easy. You ask all of them for anyone who can whip you. Some idiot always steps froward and you beat him bad, only enoguh to show who is top dog. You see, people instinctively for ma pack mentality. If you can dominate their top dog, then YOU are the new top dog. Respect is thus earned.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »
I don't like the idea.  Basically you are simply advocating dominance by force or threat of force.  I think you would have to wind up with a bunch of sullen and resentful men, since they've been humiliated, and every day they spend under your command would just be rubbing in the fact that as long as you are around, they are powerless little schmucks and you are The Man. 

Sounds to me like the perfect recipe for a fragging. 

I'm pretty sure you have to add a lot of flattery, encouragement, petty rewards, constructive criticism, humour, care and concern to motivate these guys to band together around you, much less convince them that it wouldn't be very nice to shoot you in the back in a firefight.

But I don't know if you ever read the book "Currahee!"  It's the memoir of a WWII American paratrooper, and he describes an incident pretty much out of your kind of philosophy.  Their beloved sergeant was transferred and they got a new guy nobody liked, a small, wiry hiillbilly from Arkansas.  Everyone bitched and disrespected the new sergeant, so he took all the guys out behind a building, took off his shirt so there was no insignia of rank and started fighting the biggest man in the outfit, beat the shit out of him, and proceeded one at a time to take on all the other guys, beating the shit out of each of them too.  So I guess your philosophy kinda worked for him too.

Richpo64

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
>>Easy. <<

I know, I know. I was just funnin' ya.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »
henny i can understand your point about "free speech" but in many ways i do find it troubling inviting a man to speak at an American University that is allowing or possibly even actively involved in supplying arms/training/bombs to people killing American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan on a daily basis

however it is in fact nice to see Ahmadinejad be subjected to a less scripted setting and be asked "real questions"

i was actually quite surprised, happy, and proud that the liberal president of Columbia Unviversity confronted Ahmadinejad in the manner he did

i would think even Ahmadinejad was a bit surprised to hear such a harsh commentary from an American academic
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:44:22 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 05:08:03 PM »
i was actually quite surprised, happy, and proud that the liberal president of Columbia Unviversity confronted Ahmadinejad in the manner he did

That really surprised me too. No one saw that coming, Ahmadinejad the least!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »
Most of the bad press that Amedinejad gets is Israeli propaganda and not to be taken seriously.

Israel got its butt whipped by Hezbollah and it pissed them off immeasureably.

Columbia's President was just doing what college presidents always do: raising funds for Columbia by currying favor with his major contributors.

The Holocaust is past history and debating it is only of academic interest to anyone.

The Palestinians were innocent victims of the Holocaust, because without the Holocaust, the Zionists would never have been permitted to inhabit Israel.

Grabbing a couple dozen hostages at the embassy is against international law, but a lot less serious in scope than overthrowing Mossadeagh in 1951 and replaceing him with the vicious little Shah Pahlevi for 24 years.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »
I don't like the idea.  Basically you are simply advocating dominance by force or threat of force.  I think you would have to wind up with a bunch of sullen and resentful men, since they've been humiliated, and every day they spend under your command would just be rubbing in the fact that as long as you are around, they are powerless little schmucks and you are The Man. 

Sounds to me like the perfect recipe for a fragging. 

I'm pretty sure you have to add a lot of flattery, encouragement, petty rewards, constructive criticism, humour, care and concern to motivate these guys to band together around you, much less convince them that it wouldn't be very nice to shoot you in the back in a firefight.

But I don't know if you ever read the book "Currahee!"  It's the memoir of a WWII American paratrooper, and he describes an incident pretty much out of your kind of philosophy.  Their beloved sergeant was transferred and they got a new guy nobody liked, a small, wiry hiillbilly from Arkansas.  Everyone bitched and disrespected the new sergeant, so he took all the guys out behind a building, took off his shirt so there was no insignia of rank and started fighting the biggest man in the outfit, beat the shit out of him, and proceeded one at a time to take on all the other guys, beating the shit out of each of them too.  So I guess your philosophy kinda worked for him too.

Well, let's see: it has worked for decades. And, before you negate its effects, you need to BE THERE as I was for many years. If you deny that people are one step away from pack mentality, then you are enormously deceived. We have a very thin veneer of civilization over our baser instincts.

Once you gain a recruit's RESPECT, then you can mold and shape him into a man of character.