Author Topic: Cheney To Meet With SuperSecret Cabal  (Read 1277 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cheney To Meet With SuperSecret Cabal
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »
From One Bunker To Another: Dick Cheney To Address ?Super-Secret, Conservative Policy Group?
On Friday, Dick Cheney will leave his ?secure undisclosed location? to attend another one in Utah. The Salt Lake Tribune reports:

Vice President Dick Cheney will speak to a super-secret, conservative policy group in Utah on Friday during his second trip to the state this year.

The group is called the Council for National Policy, and its mission is to plot ways to advance the right-wing agenda. The council was founded in 1981 by conservative luminaries such as the Rev. Tim LaHaye (author of the ?Left Behind? series) and Paul Weyrich (who helped found the Heritage Foundation).

The council reportedly has 500 or members who pay several thousand dollars a year to ?hear private, unvarnished presentations.? Some members include Dr. James C. Dobson of Focus on the Family, the Rev. Jerry Falwell of Liberty University, and Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform.

While very little is known about the secretive group, the New York Times was able to lift the veil a slight bit in 2004. The Times wrote:

?The media should not know when or where we meet or who takes part in our programs, before of after a meeting,? a list of rules obtained by The New York Times advises the attendees.

The membership list is ?strictly confidential.? Guests may attend ?only with the unanimous approval of the executive committee.? In e-mail messages to one another, members are instructed not to refer to the organization by name, to protect against leaks.

The group apparently keeps its agenda secret for a reason ? it appears to understand it would have little support if it were shown in the light of day. From what is known about its views, CNP is vehemently anti-immigration, anti-same-sex marriage, and anti-tax. ?CNP seeded Pat Buchanan?s protest presidential candidacy in 1992.? George W. Bush spoke before the group in 1999, reportedly committing ?to appoint only anti-abortion-rights judges to the Supreme Court.? (The Bush team and CNP refused to release the audio from the event.)

Marc Ambinder reports that Mitt Romney will be attending the gathering as well.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Is Betrayus their new Smedley Butler?

Do they even need one?  'Cause they already control the nation.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: Cheney To Meet With SuperSecret Cabal
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »
Have I ever heard you complain about the Council on Foreign Relations?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »
The group is "super-secret", yet The New York Times got a rules list and The Salt Lake Tribune knows Cheney will be there. Secret maybe but super-secret? Not really.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:06:34 PM »
I don't know.  Have you?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:07:30 PM »
The group is "super-secret", yet The New York Times got a rules list and The Salt Lake Tribune knows Cheney will be there. Secret maybe but super-secret? Not really.

Funny 'cause you ignore the fact that the "rules list" flatly states that they must meet in secret!  Getcher head out of your a$$.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »

Funny 'cause you ignore the fact that the "rules list" flatly states that they must meet in secret!  Getcher head out of your a$$.

Not sure why that rule in particular makes them "super-secret" as opposed to just "secret". I haven't seen the rules list. Does it say they have to meet in "super-secret"?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »
Whatever.

Richpo64

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
Oh my!

A super secret cabal!

How spooky.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
I suppose that if Mitt Romney is invited and other GOP hopefuls are not, that they are more likely to back him, or at least they are going to grill him and make sure that he will do their bidding in return for their support.

Many of the people who really run the US, clowns like the Hunt brothers, Richard Mellon Scaife, and several of the DuPonts and many more, rarely show their heads or state their opinions in public. Cheney was for many years the point man for these oligarchs, the tip of their vast right wing iceberg.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »
>>any of the people who really run the US, clowns like the Hunt brothers, Richard Mellon Scaife, and several of the DuPonts and many more, rarely show their heads or state their opinions in public.<<

Spooky

Richard Mellon Scaife .... lmfao

Hey, is it just Republicans who secretly run the world or are there some Democrats too? I mean, Soros has got to be in this little cabal (love that word almost as much as draconian) too, isn't he? What about the Fords? the Rockefellers? I mean come on, those people have more money than Scaife.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
Hey, is it just Republicans who secretly run the world or are there some Democrats too? I mean, Soros has got to be in this little cabal (love that word almost as much as draconian) too, isn't he? What about the Fords? the Rockefellers? I mean come on, those people have more money than Scaife.

See: Council on Foreign Relations (another "SuperSecret Cabal" but run by liberals).
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
I mean come on, those people have more money than Scaife.

===========================================
I doubt that you can back this up.

Do not confuse the foundations with the individuals.

Richard Mellon Scaife engineered the entire useless Clinton impeachment.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
>>I doubt that you can back this up.<<

You're nothing but a portentous thumbsucker.