Author Topic: Secret endorsement of torture  (Read 12051 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Secret endorsement of torture
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
But according to Tee, I'm the real enemy, I'm the evil that permeates this country, worse than Usama, worse than probably Hitler, but of course nothing tops Bush.  If I'm the real enemy, why would you ignore me?  I need to be re-educated, in one of your camps for serious offenders

So, going to let us in on who's claiming waterboarding is just some frat prank??  Adolescent fun??

That would be you and your precious lord and savior, Rush Limbaugh.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408050011

Citing statements by U.S. Army investigators during a preliminary military court hearing of Pfc. Lynndie England that England was "having some fun" when she abused Iraqi detainees, radio host Rush Limbaugh, on August 4, returned to the same script of his controversial remarks about the abuse of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib. On the August 4 edition of the nationally syndicated Rush Limbaugh Show, Limbaugh said that England and the other accused soldiers were engaging in acts that were "sort of like hazing, a fraternity prank. Sort of like that kind of fun."

And your fellow traveler, Ami.

Tying them down and pouring warm water over their heads? Nope, doesn't sound like torture to me. Annoying, yes, torture, no.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »
And on cue, Brass demonstrates precisely mypoint, Ami wasn't referring to any "pranks", and Limbaugh wasn't referring to any waterboarding.  Thank you very much     ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
I have to say that I find sirs' mind and its workings to be spookily fascinating.  A window into the psychopathology of fascism and militarism and their interlocking relationship to pure old-fashioned sadism.

<<IF it [waterboarding] can prevent the potential for thousands of lives to be saved, absofrellinloutely [I would support it.]>>

This part of his post isn't very interesting, except for the absolute divorce from reality that is so typical of fascist and crypto-fascist "thinking."  EVERYBODY who falls under prisoner interrogation has the potential to supply links or connections that directly or indirectly could lead to somebody or something which MIGHT be in a position to take thousands of lives.  That is the nature of war, where the object is the largest possible scale of casualty infliction on the other side.  Any soldier, quartermaster, harbourmaster, station master, or even traffic guard is a potential source of information that might save thousands of lives.  There is NOBODY who would be exempt from torture, even the wives and children of Resistance fighters, if the potential for saving thousands of lives were to be the criterion for when to torture.

Here's where sirs gets really interesting:  <<You'll of course get back to me when you can demonstrated how I support the infliction of bodily damage, or dismemberment, of pulling tongues out, or of burning the flesh of a living human....you know the stuff that folks like AlQeada performs, that you keep trying to compare us to.  >> 

Well, that's gonna be kinda hard to do, sirs.  That's what the U.S.  maintains secret torture chambers around the world for, so you'll never see exactly WHAT they are doing to their victims.  That's why they have the practice of rendition - - where they just deliver the victim, they don't actually perform the tortures.  That's how they can say with a straight face that they don't torturel

But I have a question for sirs, and I'm really curious:    those things you mention,but you claim the U.S.A. does not do - - pulling tongues out, burning living flesh, dismemberment - - what ABOUT them?  What if THOSE tortures had the potential to save thousands of lives, just like waterboarding?  Would you also be "absofrellinlutely" in favour of them too?  And if so, is it OK if Arabs use them on captured  Americans to save (OK, potentially save) "thousands of Arab lives?"

<<[Tee quote:] sirs and his ilk must be prevented, by force if necessary, from having their way in the world.  It's as simple as that.  They are the enemy... In the long run only the total defeat of the U.S.A. by some power as yet unseen will put an end to the power of people who practise sirs' values. 

<<And there, for all to see.  It's Americans like me, and like minded citizens fighting for freedom and democracy that are the true enemies of the globe.>>

God-damn right.  YOU are the only major power that openly defends torture.  The Arabs do only what they have always been doing since there were first Arabs.  Only from the West did the anti-torture campaign begin to roll back the practice, tiny step by tiny step.  Only from the U.S.A. and the U.K.  came the drive for a rule of law and the abolition  of torture.  And only from the U.S.A. are the small fruits of that drive being rolled back to the point where the world stands again at Square One in the fight against torture and the great civilizing conventions, the Fourth Geneva Convention on the treatment of prisoners of war, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Unusual and Degrading Punishments , being openly ridiculed and flouted.  And only by stopping you and your ilk will the campaign against torture begin to rebuild all its lost achievements.

<<Only those who managed to call real evil evil, are apparently the evil ones. >>

Look in the fucking mirror when you want to call evil evil.  Stop pointing your finger at everyone else, YOU guys have done more to advance torture and roll back the campaign against it than anyone else on earth, and you are the people to be stopped if the campaign against torture is to have any realistic future at all.

<< And of course... ends justify the means.  I doubt Brass and Tee would subject me to waterboarding.>>

You got THAT right.

<<My guess is they'll jump right into pulling the tongue out 1st, while forcing me to listen Air America, in one of their re-education camps. >>

You sure make it sound tempting.  But don't worry, I thank God every day I'm not made of the same stuff as you, morally speaking.

<<Good thing I have my Sig & 30-30.  That'll make it a tad harder>>

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot what a chickenshit little coward you really are.  Who are you so scared of, sirs, that you needed to get a Sig & Sauer 30-30 and sleep with it loaded under your pillow?  Osama bin Laden coming to get you?  Me and Brass coming to pull out your tongue?  Or is it the uninsured children of Amerikkka coming to rob you of what's yours to finance the health care of their miserable worthless little bodies?

Richpo64

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2007, 07:29:25 PM »
>> have to say that I find sirs' mind and its workings to be spookily fascinating.  A window into the psychopathology of fascism and militarism and their interlocking relationship to pure old-fashioned sadism.<<

There you go sirs. The scumbag Communist called you a sadistic fascist.

What are you going to do now? Suck his dick?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
Not enough money on this globe
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2007, 09:36:57 PM »
<<There you go sirs. The scumbag Communist called you a sadistic fascist.

<<What are you going to do now? Suck his dick?>>

(Rich)

Another intellectual heard from. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<Not enough money on this globe>>

The voice of principle speaking.  (sirs)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, sirs, if you can get past the siren song of Rich's unfulfilled sexual longings and general craziness and total idiocy, maybe you'd like to direct your mind back to the subject at hand - - remember?

<<But I have a question for sirs, and I'm really curious:    those things you mention,but you claim the U.S.A. does not do - - pulling tongues out, burning living flesh, dismemberment - - what ABOUT them?  What if THOSE tortures had the potential to save thousands of lives, just like waterboarding?  Would you also be "absofrellinlutely" in favour of them too?  And if so, is it OK if Arabs use them on captured  Americans to save (OK, potentially save) "thousands of Arab lives?">>

Curious minds are impatiently waiting.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2007, 02:36:45 AM »
Wait no longer, since I've been on record LONG ago, (not surprised you don't pay any attention to various positions that don't dare agree with yours) that my line IS where the body is irreversibly damaged, such as tonge pulled out, arms dislocated, body burned alive.  Up until that point, whatever discomfort a terrorist is given, in the effort to determine what info they have that prevents the next 911, I'm all for.  And here you're all bent out of shape with head slapping and loud music, while you're homies over at AlQeada make it their benchmark to perform the former

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »
Well, gotta say that I am pleasantly surprised to learn that you're not ALL bad.  (It was actually obvious from your condemnation of the al Qaeda torture manual that you did have a line in the sand on torture.   Just wanted to see where it was.)

Since your line seems to be irreversible bodily harm, the obvious question is what about electroshock torture?   As in Vietnam, where GIs hooked up the male or female genitalia to a field telephone with a hand-cranked generator and "rang up" the victim?  As in Argentina and Chile, two U.S. client states, where the military could insert the electrodes up your ass or into the penis or vagina?  Jacopo Timmerman ("Prisoner Without a Name, Cell Without a Number") survived but some didn't.  A quote I recall from Viet Nam, "We lost a man in the tank yesterday," referring to electroshock torture, not water torture.

How about rape?  Prison rapes don't leave permanent physical damage on their victims either.  Is rape of a "terrorist," or a "terrorist's" loved ones OK if it has the potential of making somebody talk and saving thousands of lives?

I happen to have been associated with an organization that aids victims of torture, and I can tell you that a great many victims of electroshock and/or rape have lasting psychological or mental damage, which as far as I can tell is gonna be irreversible.  But leave that out of the equation for the time being. 

What's your position on (a) electroshock and (b) rape of "terrorists" or their loved ones assuming no permanent physical or mental damage?  I might as well warn you this is kind of a trap since it's very rare IMHO that either would leave no permanent mental damage, often severe, on a victim.  However, let's hear what one crusader for "freedom" and the American way thinks.  Believe me, I find this very interesting and I appreciate any time you take to answer the question.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007, 11:00:22 AM »
Well, gotta say that I am pleasantly surprised to learn that you're not ALL bad.  (It was actually obvious from your condemnation of the al Qaeda torture manual that you did have a line in the sand on torture.   Just wanted to see where it was.)

It's been out there LONG ago, for all to see, so your repetative garbage that I support torture, has remained null & void, just as long as you've been ranting on it. 

Since your line seems to be irreversible bodily harm, the obvious question is what about electroshock torture?

I bet it's not pleasant, but I bet it also can easily cause brain damage.  Such electrical usasge can also potentially screw up the heart's beating current, so that's likely a no-go for me

How about rape?  

Now you're getting ridiculous...which is really saying something, considering how out-to-lunch you so often are

Richpo64

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2007, 12:44:20 PM »
>>Not enough money on this globe<<

Okay, so you're just going to bend over and take it.

You're what's wrong with the party. We don't need people who take that kind of thing lying down. We need people who realize what we're fighting against and respond in kind. These people are simply evil and will destroy this country and all the while you'll be worrying about what they think of you. And they'll be (are) laughing at you.

Fuck that.

I think it would be best for you to stay on the porch sirs. You give the impression of weakness, you sadistic fascist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2007, 01:13:27 PM »
>>Not enough money on this globe<<

Okay, so you're just going to bend over and take it.  Fuck that.  I think it would be best for you to stay on the porch sirs. You give the impression of weakness, you sadistic fascist.

Take what?  Someone excercising their 1st amendment right to type, say & think completely asanine & moronic things?  What are you advocating Rich, stoning?  I tell ya what, you keep focused on shrill, hyperbolic, and demeaning personal attacks, and I'll stay back here with the substantive & civil dialog that highlights all the same leftist hypocrisy, distortions, and lying, without making an ass of himself       :-\

Richpo64

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2007, 01:17:59 PM »
>>What are you advocating Rich, stoning? <<

I'm advocating you grow some balls. Failing that, don't even tell me how to handle them scumbags again.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
>>What are you advocating Rich, stoning? <<

I'm advocating you grow some balls. Failing that, don't even tell me how to handle them scumbags again.

Strange, how YOU seem to be the one demanding how I handle scumbags.  That fits pretty nicely with the left's frequent use use of projection, or in this case hypocrisy.  You sure that's the avenue you want to anchor yourself down to?

Richpo64

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2007, 01:30:37 PM »
They laugh at you sirs. They love a wimpy Republican.

I mean, they call you a sadistic fascist, and you respond, "Thank you sir may I have another".

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »
They laugh at you sirs. They love a wimpy Republican.

I mean, they call you a sadistic fascist, and you respond, "Thank you sir may I have another".

I don't know who they are, but trust me Sirs, if there is anyone providing comedic relief here between you and Rich, it isn't you.

Paranoia strikes deep Rich.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.