Author Topic: American Fears Misplaced Post 9/11  (Read 6219 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: American Fears Misplaced Post 9/11
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
And you just keep forgetting or ignoring that steel won't melt till about 2700 degrees and even then it takes a period of time.

"In construction, critical temperature refers to the temperature above which structural steel loses its strength and is no longer fully capable of loadbearing support. Maintaining structural and important process steel building components below this critical temperature, which varies from country to country but is generally between 500 and 560?C, is an important function of passive fire protection."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_temperature

For those not fluent in metric, that temperature range is 932 to 1040.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:49 PM »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:38:48 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »
And has been highlighted by the initial posting in this thread, emotion trumps reason for some, on this topic.  Thankfully, it's a very small vocal fraction
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »

So, no comment?

Actually the "talk about emotion trumping reason" statement was my comment. The "controlled demolition" theory has been debunked quite thoroughly, yet it is persistently presented as "proof" of some sort of conspiracy theory. As I said, emotion trumping reason.

Say what you will about the two towers, I can understand anyone not wanting to believe that our own government would kill so many Americans (though it is naive and pretty god damned stupid a position) but there is absolutely no denying that Building 7 was "pulled".  The owner of the buildings (who upped his insurance in case WTC was destroyed by "terrorism") is on film saying they made the decision to "pull" that building.  Anyone who watches that building fall can't, with any amount of realism, deny it was a controlled demolition.

Red Cross workers say they heard the countdown over a radio and ran for their lives to avoid being killed in the demolition.

The two towers were also destroyed in a controlled demolition using a form of thermite.  There's just no way a fire burned hot enough to make all the steel in that building give way.  Sorry, just didn't happen that way.  Cry all you want, those buildings were destroyed more by controlled demolition than by two remotecontrolled planes full of jet fuel.

Also, my grandfather, until his dying day, said no one really landed on the moon -- it was all a publicity stunt!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 01:38:01 PM »
Red Cross workers say they heard the countdown over a radio and ran for their lives to avoid being killed in the demolition.  The two towers were also destroyed in a controlled demolition using a form of thermite.  There's just no way a fire burned hot enough to make all the steel in that building give way.  Sorry, just didn't happen that way.  Cry all you want, those buildings were destroyed more by controlled demolition than by two remotecontrolled planes full of jet fuel.

Also, my grandfather, until his dying day, said no one really landed on the moon -- it was all a publicity stunt!

It's called the Elvis Factor
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
Kind of like the WMD in Iraq mysteriously being moved to Syria with no trace evidence left behind.

Very conspiratorial indeed.  :P
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »
Kind of like the WMD in Iraq mysteriously being moved to Syria with no trace evidence left behind.

Gee, did I mention WMDs?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »

Gee, did I mention WMDs?

No. Neither was I replying to you.

I was making a joke which Sirs can appreciate.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

Gee, did I mention WMDs?

No. Neither was I replying to you.

I was making a joke which Sirs can appreciate.
Apparently, there were NO WMDs in Iraq OR they were indeed moved prior or during the invasion. If the latter is the case, then satellite imagery would have confirmed this and this would have been transmitted widely. Since it wasn't, then apparently there were NO WMDs moved, therefore, there were NO WMDs period.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:25:51 PM by Mr_Perceptive »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Kind of like the WMD in Iraq mysteriously being moved to Syria with no trace evidence left behind.  Very conspiratorial indeed.  :P

Except of course for the direct testimony of High ranking Iraqi Government officials/General responsible for some of its implimentation, and the fact that it'd be unlikely cargo planes would have left some door open to leave some dust trail of the stuff.  Do we have some high ranking official on record as claiming the government brought down tower7?, the twin towerws?  And to have a conspiracy Js, requires outrageous deductions, not logical ones

Want a do-over?      8)

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 05:04:04 PM »
Kind of like the WMD in Iraq mysteriously being moved to Syria with no trace evidence left behind.  Very conspiratorial indeed.  :P

Except of course for the direct testimony of High ranking Iraqi Government officials/General responsible for some of its implimentation, and the fact that it'd be unlikely cargo planes would have left some door open to leave some dust trail of the stuff.  Do we have some high ranking official on record as claiming the government brought down tower7?, the twin towerws?  And to have a conspiracy Js, requires outrageous deductions, not logical ones

Want a do-over?      8)

We also have high ranking Iraqis who told us before the invasion that there were no WMD in Iraq. Why take the word of a general when Saddam's own son-in-law told us the opposite was true?

And chemical and biological weapons always leave trace evidence Sirs, despite your sophomoric "cargo plane door" scenario.

But I'm sure they are all in Syria, with Elvis and the Roswell UFO.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »

Heh. Yeah, something like that.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »

Want a do-over?      8)

We also have high ranking Iraqis who told us before the invasion that there were no WMD in Iraq.

Which of course is trumped by the overwhelming global intel to the contrary.

Why take the word of a general when Saddam's own son-in-law told us the opposite was true?

See above.

And chemical and biological weapons always leave trace evidence Sirs, despite your sophomoric "cargo plane door" scenario.

Never heard of bleach, huh?

But I'm sure they are all in Syria, with Elvis and the Roswell UFO.

Who said "all"?  Your words, not mine.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 07:16:25 PM »
It fell in a controlled demolition.  That makes his comments sinister because he said they made the decision to pull it.

If the fire dept made the decision to demolish the building, do you think they did that with malice aforethought?

A) Who said the fire dept made the decision?

And

2) Since when does the fire dept do demolition?