Author Topic: If defeat is inevitable in Iraq  (Read 7611 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: If defeat is inevitable in Iraq
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »
Wow!  IOKIYAR at its finest.

So Democrats will sometimes refrain from criticizing a Democratic war criminal (like LBJ for example) because they felt at least he was doing some good Great Society work.  Republicans won't criticize anybody for war crimes and atrocities because they don't give a shit.  So only Democrats get upset about war criminals and they'll all blast a Republican war criminal but not all will blast a Democratic war criminal, because the Democrat is also bringing in some social welfare benefits benefitting some poor people, which is enough to silence some of the Dems.  That's why Republican war criminals catch more flak than Democratic war criminals - - because almost all the flak is coming from the Democrats. SAYS MIKEY

Any comments on his statement,  Lanya?

Personally i think he stumbled upon a universal truth.

larry

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »
What a silly statement. How can anyone say LBJ was given a pass? Did you sleep through the 60s?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
How can anyone say LBJ was given a pass?

He wasn't given a pass.

I still remember "Hey Hey LBJ, How many kids did you kill today" but you have to admit most of the brunt of the antiwar movement was borne by Nixon.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 11:43:10 PM »
How can anyone say LBJ was given a pass?

He wasn't given a pass.

I still remember "Hey Hey LBJ, How many kids did you kill today" but you have to admit most of the brunt of the antiwar movement was borne by Nixon.

I remember the Nixon Whitehouse pointing out that although more bombs were dropped during the Nixon Administration , the number was higher each successive year of the Johnson administration and lower each year of the Nixon Administration.

This makes me wonder if Johnson was seriously trying to win or not , but Nixon apparently was not seriously seeking a win , so much as the best way to get loose.