Author Topic: Blackwater holds US soldiers at gunpoint  (Read 14896 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Blackwater holds US soldiers at gunpoint
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
I am surprised the jury was all white myself.

Perhaps the Republican efforts to clean the voter rolls was more successful than i thought.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:28:54 AM by BT »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »
who obviously let the guards and the nurse walk because the VICTIM was "only" a poor black kid.

As I always say, anytime someone uses the "obviously" argument, they're almost always wrong. They don't have any evidence for their viewpoint, so it must be argued using "obviously."
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 10:51:31 AM »
<<As I always say, anytime someone uses the "obviously" argument, they're almost always wrong. They don't have any evidence for their viewpoint, so it must be argued using "obviously.">>

Good point, Ami.  Find the O-word and declare the argument over.  Declare victory, hit enter.  Brilliant. 

[Here Tee signs off to begin a frantic search through all his old posts, ruthlessly destroying the O-word wherever it's found, in all its variations.  "Clearly" also has to die.  And "beyond dispute."]

. . .  time passes . . .

Hey!  I'm back!  I deleted the O-word.  I WIN!!

Richpo64

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 04:07:49 PM »
>>All of this is headed towards a second civil war in America.<<

I sincerely hope so.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »
Just to make this crystal clear to all RW nitpickers, the racism was not in the composition of the guard detail; even in the days of slavery, massa had his "house niggers" all too ready to deal with uppity slaves as they needed to be dealt with.  The racism was in the callous attitude of the all-white jury, who obviously let the guards and the nurse walk because the VICTIM was "only" a poor black kid.  Anyone who isn't sickened by the brutality of the prison and the indifference of the racist jury has to be a racist himself.

The kid has to be some sort of color.
What would have been the diffrence if he were a diffrent color than he was and everything else were the same?

Perhaps it wouldn't have made the news in Canada?

It is a fact that most violent incidents in the US happen between membrs of the same ethnicity , but is that a sad fact or a good idea?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
<<The kid has to be some sort of color.>>

Inane but true.  Guy comes home early and finds his wife in bed with his best friend.  Husband:  "George!  What are you doing here?"  Friend:  "Well, everybody's gotta be somewhere."

<<What would have been the diffrence if he were a diffrent color than he was and everything else were the same?>>

The difference would have been, if the victim had been WHITE, the all-white jury would have convicted all the defendants and they'd never see the outside world for a good twenty years.  But a poor black kid ain't worth shit to a white Florida jury.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 11:53:16 AM »
The difference would have been, if the victim had been WHITE, the all-white jury would have convicted all the defendants and they'd never see the outside world for a good twenty years.  But a poor black kid ain't worth shit to a white Florida jury.

Oh?

Why do yo think so?, is this another Obvious thing?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
Why do yo think so?, is this another Obvious thing?

Obviously.

(Why is there no 'laughing hysterically' emoticon?)
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
Hey, Tee, if the south is so damned racist and the north is so damned pure, why have there been 3 (4 if you count the one on Long Island) nooses found hanging in and around NYC the last couple of weeks?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
(Why is there no 'laughing hysterically' emoticon?)

Well, you have XD (laughing hard), X8 (laughing hard while covering mouth) or :') (laughing till I cry).
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
Hey, Tee, if the south is so damned racist and the north is so damned pure, why have there been 3 (4 if you count the one on Long Island) nooses found hanging in and around NYC the last couple of weeks?

Well, New York borders Pennsylvania, which is just a hop, skip, and jump from the real south. So, like Ohio, obviously racism hopped across the state lines. Can't keep it out, you know...

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 06:59:33 PM »
Well, you have XD (laughing hard), X8 (laughing hard while covering mouth) or :') (laughing till I cry).

How do you do 'laughing so hard I spewed coffee all over my keyboard'?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »
How do you do 'laughing so hard I spewed coffee all over my keyboard'?

Not easily.

yellow_crane

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »

The point T made was that juries in America have been become oriented to race.  Anybody after OJ is obtuse if they deny that.  

In Florida, the panhandle Whites, who carry in attitude more of the Darling Dixie dogma than a much larger portion of the South, can be counted on exonerate anyone capable in this day and age of wasting a nigger.   Much different than Pennsylvania.

I have heretofore hesitated in expressing opinions of the panhandle and Jacksonville, home to perhaps the largest contingent of many White Supremasist Hate groups in the nation, since people are oh so sensitive to the fact that the South has trully presented to the nation as a heritage a continuing horror.

Racism is spread throughout American, and is impacted in the South.  The fact that racism has spread from the slavery south to the rest of the nation is no argument worth merit; racism in this country was distilled in meaning by the slavery angle.  One must have contempt for slaves in order to avoid other conscience nudges.  If there had been no slavery in American, black immigrants would have faced an easier initiation than they have all--ALL, TO THIS DAY--experienced.  They continue to suffer due to the south's lack of true contrition.  It is their recalcitrance to the crimes against humanity that serves to continue to feed racism

These catcalls, posse cooing emote jokes, winking piling on--all  prove only one thing:  lacking any substance relating to the point, they by their very vapid nature contribute nothing to the debate of Racism.  

It is a tactic common amoung racists--change the subject and begin to catcall.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »
So, Crane, how much time have you spent recently in Florida?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:10:12 PM by Amianthus »