Author Topic: Blackwater holds US soldiers at gunpoint  (Read 14898 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Blackwater holds US soldiers at gunpoint
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:03 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »
Hey, Tee, if the south is so damned racist and the north is so damned pure, why have there been 3 (4 if you count the one on Long Island) nooses found hanging in and around NYC the last couple of weeks?

And the 22 swastikas scrawled on school buildings, and three more nooses in two days, all in and around NYC, that bastion of racial and ethnic harmony...well, accordning to Tee, anyway...

Should we conclude that all New Yorkers are now racists and bigots?

I'm beginning to think the Jena incidents were caused by Yankee provocateurs sent there to make the South look bad.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »
I'm beginning to think the Jena incidents were caused by Yankee provocateurs sent there to make the South look bad.

*snicker*
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
<<I'm beginning to think the Jena incidents were caused by Yankee provocateurs sent there to make the South look bad.>>

Nice theory, except the South don't need anyone but their own good selves to make themselves look bad.  Any outside help would just be "gilding the lily."

yellow_crane

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »

*snicker*

More dipshit catcalls that reveal that at least two people cannot address the issue of race with even a modicum of maturity.

Who, I ask, when hearing these comments in actual life would not conclude that if that is all they have to say, all they have to say is veiled, cowardly racism?

Would they say those things if there were actually a Black in this forum?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »
More dipshit catcalls that reveal that at least two people cannot address the issue of race with even a modicum of maturity.

That's probably because the lack of maturity component is coming from the side that still thinks racism is as rampant as it was in the 50's & 60's, and that its all stemming from 'the south"

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
Yellerbird, I get tired of hearing from Tee how racist the South is, how it's uniquely a Southern problem, and how much better things are in the North. Maybe if he, and you, opened your eyes, you would see that it's a problem everywhere, otherwise we wouldn't have all these nooses and swastikas popping up in and around NYC the last couple of weeks.

And I would say that regardless of who was in this forum, or of what color.

Now you figure you have the guts to call me a racist, you yellow piece of shit?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »

Would they say those things if there were actually a Black in this forum?

We don't?

How do you know?

yellow_crane

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 04:36:13 PM »
Yellerbird, I get tired of hearing from Tee how racist the South is, how it's uniquely a Southern problem, and how much better things are in the North. Maybe if he, and you, opened your eyes, you would see that it's a problem everywhere, otherwise we wouldn't have all these nooses and swastikas popping up in and around NYC the last couple of weeks.

And I would say that regardless of who was in this forum, or of what color.

Now you figure you have the guts to call me a racist, you yellow piece of shit?

I have made several posts discussing the racism issue, and have done so without slurring somebody representing  the other side of the issue.  I am neither a bird or a coward.  But, as you remember and cannot get over, I am a barnburner.  I have only one comment on that:  LMAO.  Your house for my Windows, dixie duke.

Note how it took you no time to get personal, and also note that you still have little to nothing to say about the issue with anything that is microscopically meaningful.

Oh wait, you did try to somehow make who knows what point by suggesting that it was not only in the South.  I posted that it came from the South, and the South's lack of true contrition enabled a continuning polemic.  I am not saying that, should the South get off their heritage high horse and admit that slavery is indeed something to be contrite over, it would end racism tomorrow.   But let me hear you deny that if and when the South formally apologized for slavery and its singular perniciously stemmed racism, Blacks would ignore it.

I have seen you for a couple of years comment on racism, and on the South as it relates to racism, and it was always from a defensive, sometimes highly defensive, position.

NEVER have I heard you offer a concession or allow how any particular umbrage by a Black might be real.

You are both bigot and a racist.

Like with all bigots and racists, that makes you a coward.

yellow_crane

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 04:45:13 PM »

That's probably because the lack of maturity component is coming from the side that still thinks racism is as rampant as it was in the 50's & 60's, and that its all stemming from 'the south"

Perhaps you might share what action on your part, what contribution on your part made it less prevalent.

I remember your posting several, no numerous times, about Jesse Jackson and Al Shaprton.  Would there be a glimmer of redemption in one of those posts?

If not, put one up that will convince the world that you are more that a catcaller.   (snicker)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »

Perhaps you might share what action on your part, what contribution on your part made it less prevalent.

You mean treating people as people, while not looking at their skin pigment?  You mean advocating the Repetition of MLK Jr's speech where all men are looked at for their character and not the color of their skin?  You mean supporting efforts to rid this country of discrimination paractices that look to push one person over another based on their skin color......like Affirmative Action practices??  Those are actions I actually have control of.  What I also have is the realsim of knowledge that while racism is still active, it's no where near the monster it was in the 50's & 60's.  and most of the time when a black person is arrested & prosecuted, it's generally due to a crime they committed and not based on the color of their skin

I remember your posting several, no numerous times, about Jesse Jackson and Al Shaprton.  Would there be a glimmer of redemption in one of those posts?

Those 2 are the hallmark of current racism in this country, looking at anything and everything that happens as racially motivated, while ignoring the much greater problems within the African American community.  MLK Jr would be rolling in his grave if he was aware of the mutation to his message that messers JJ and Sharpton have managed to accomplish

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »
We don't?

How do you know?

==============================
On line, no one knows you are a dog.

Or a Donald Duck, or a Daffy Duck. ???
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
<<Yellerbird, I get tired of hearing from Tee how racist the South is . . . >>

Truth sucks, eh?

<< . . .  how it's uniquely a Southern problem>>

Nope, not me.  Never claimed it was unique to the South.

<< . . . and how much better things are in the North.>>

Well, if the only examples you could dredge up a handful of nooses and swastikas in the past few months in New York, I rest my case.  Let me know when they chain a black guy to the back of a pickup truck by his ankles and drag him till his head comes off.  Let me know when they fly Confederate flags on the grounds of the Statehouse.  THEN you'll have some northern racism to compare with the Southern brand.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 09:26:51 PM »
tee
as a fellow canadian who lives here I can confirm some of the things you say is partially true
thier is racism in the south
but you must understand there is much tolerance  also

pretty much all the black universities are in the south
these are colleges with greater reps than Ivy leagues
true the n-word is used with great frequency by white folks in the south
but it`s also the prefered place to live by african-americans
despite what said in the media the n-word is tolerated by black folks in the south
a friend of mine kept saying it for weeks after her visit to new orleans

saying the south is racist is not as clear cut a statement.

yellow_crane

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »

You mean treating people as people, while not looking at their skin pigment?  You mean advocating the Repetition of MLK Jr's speech where all men are looked at for their character and not the color of their skin?  You mean supporting efforts to rid this country of discrimination paractices that look to push one person over another based on their skin color......like Affirmative Action practices??  Those are actions I actually have control of.  What I also have is the realsim of knowledge that while racism is still active, it's no where near the monster it was in the 50's & 60's.  and most of the time when a black person is arrested & prosecuted, it's generally due to a crime they committed and not based on the color of their skin

Those 2 are the hallmark of current racism in this country, looking at anything and everything that happens as racially motivated, while ignoring the much greater problems within the African American community.  MLK Jr would be rolling in his grave if he was aware of the mutation to his message that messers JJ and Sharpton have managed to accomplish

Level one of racial realities has (almost) all black people on the side of JJ and Sharpton, and most blacks are no more unaware of the flaws of both than you are.   The point is that almost every black is.  Now why is that?  Why are the blacks on JJ and Sharpton's side?  Look around you. 

I grant you making some points in the area of blacks, especially in your personal life; my point is that catcalling is a risky way of demonstrating your tolerance.  But when it comes to the cause, you have nothing to say about the way blacks have been treated and are continued to be treated.  If they weren't treated that way, they might make Sharpton a little less powerful. 

You get no points for always approaching the issue from the critical side relentlessly from such simple declarations, and demonstrate no real understanding of what all blacks know--their struggle is far from over.  What they have gained in civil rights was given begrudingly, and all the while during those fights in realitively recent past the South demonstrated its ugliness time after time.  That is a truth that MLK, Jr. would agree with me, were he not snipered by the hate in the city that MLK, Jr. said was more dangerous than Birmingham, in a state he considered more dangerous than any in the South.  Look at the reality of Ford's loss--a simple ad which linked him to a white woman.  Let us not get carried away with all this talk of the "New South."   Blacks laugh at such a conveninent-for-the-whites-trying-to-untangle cop-out.

Today on a Larry King Live rerun, Bill Cosby was quick to point out the difference between he and Clarence Thomas when King tried to link them:  "The difference between me and Thomas is that he does not care."  To the following next five questions, Cosby repeated the same line:  "The difference between me and Thomas is that he DOES NOT CARE."

Do you agree with Cosby or Thomas, since you cannot, in the vein of this single question, agree with both?