Author Topic: Turkey Lawmakers OK Possible Iraq Attack  (Read 5100 times)

Richpo64

Re: Turkey Lawmakers OK Possible Iraq Attack
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
>>Rich discovers the macro.  Now only a single keystroke is required to answer any and all criticisms of the State of Israel.<<

As with just about any country or human being, criticisms are valid. What isn't valid is terrorist propaganda. Accusing Israel of genocide or targeting civilians is nothing more than terrorist propaganda. I believe the only thing that can justify such falsehoods is the same thing that motivates Israel's enemies: antisemitism.

Richpo64

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
>>Meaning that the Armenian Genocide is just propaganda. After all, Congress are just traitors, we'd better appease Turkey.<<

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

Congress had 100 years to comment on this. Why didn't they do it in 1977? We all know why, because to do so would have damaged Americas relations with Turkey. In 1977 Democrats actually cared about America. Today anything that hurts the president and the troops is fair game. If it isn't treason, what is?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
>>Meaning that the Armenian Genocide is just propaganda. After all, Congress are just traitors, we'd better appease Turkey.<<

That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

Congress had 100 years to comment on this. Why didn't they do it in 1977? We all know why, because to do so would have damaged Americas relations with Turkey. In 1977 Democrats actually cared about America. Today anything that hurts the president and the troops is fair game. If it isn't treason, what is?

There are 40 states in the United States that recognize the Armenian Genocide and you are completely incorrect about Congress introducing a resolution for recognizing the Armenian Genocide. It has been attempted many times before.

Congressman George Radanovich (R-CA) and Minority Whip David Bonior (D-MI) introduced a resolution in 2000, while Clinton was President. Link

And here is a statement made by President Bush on his campaign trail in 2000:

The twentieth century was marred by wars of unimaginable brutality, mass murder and genocide. History records that the Armenians were the first people of the last century to have endured these cruelties. The Armenians were subjected to a genocidal campaign that defies comprehension and commands all decent people to remember and acknowledge the facts and lessons of an awful crime in a century of bloody crimes against humanity. If elected President, I would ensure that our nation properly recognizes the tragic suffering of the Armenian people.
Link

And just for kicks, here is a lovely response by then Foreign Minister Shimon Peres of Israel:

We reject attempts to create a similarity between the Holocaust and the Armenian allegations. Nothing similar to the Holocaust occurred. It is a tragedy what the Armenians went through but not a genocide.

By the way, the Armenians weren't the only people singled out by the Turks. Much like the Jews in the Holocaust, they were the major ethnic and religious group to suffer from the genocide. Yet, the Greeks and Assyrians in Turkey were also systematically destroyed. Governor Pataki (also a Republican last time I checked) made an eloquent speech on that very point and condemned the actions of Turkey during the genocide as well.

This is not something new. I think instead of being frightened by Turkey's response, we ought to ask why Turkey is so melodramatic in her response to a non-binding, simple resolution?

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Richpo64

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
>>This is not something new. I think instead of being frightened by Turkey's response, we ought to ask why Turkey is so melodramatic in her response to a non-binding, simple resolution?<<

I had no idea. I suppose I didn't pay much attention because something like this didn't carry the consequences it does now. I suppose we should still ask ourselves why do this now? The answer is still the same.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 01:53:12 PM »
Meaning that the Armenian Genocide is just propaganda.

No it's the timing.
It's a disgrace and unbelievable pelosi would act in such a reckless manner.

(imo) The traitorcrats want to annoy Turkey so the US/Israel is estranged from Turkey
and can not get use of Turkish intel and or airspace to attack iran.

pelosi and her traitorcrat cohorts want to make life more difficult for our military
hoping to hasten a defeat for the united states at any cost for their political gain

Many Democrats were angered by this Pelosi stunt and even Democrat John Murtha
said he was worried this Pelosi crap "would lead Turkey to deny use of its land, ports and airspace to supply American troops".

After all, Congress are just traitors,

No not Congress, just some of the democrats

we'd better appease Turkey

President Bush said it best:

"Congress has more important work to do than antagonizing a democratic ally in the Muslim world,
especially one that's providing vital support for our military every day," he said.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »
No it's the timing.

Oh, the timing is obviously political, but that doesn't make the resolution any less true or necessary.

(imo) The traitorcrats want to annoy Turkey so the US/Israel is estranged from Turkey
and can not get use of Turkish intel and or airspace to attack iran.

Conspiratorial nonsense.

President Bush said it best:

"Congress has more important work to do than antagonizing a democratic ally in the Muslim world,
especially one that's providing vital support for our military every day," he said.

I don't see where Congress cannot take time for a vote on a rather simple non-binding resolution. The evidence is overwhelming. Reagan even said it was genocide. Surely it isn't that difficult to comprehend. I don't believe that Israel is the only nation that is allowed to determine who gets to use the term.

Turkey's reaction is up to them. I have a feeling that if they want to become a real European state, then pissing us (and the Europeans) off is probably not the best way to go about it.

Do you really consider Turkey to be a democracy?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »
<<Accusing Israel of genocide or targeting civilians is nothing more than terrorist propaganda.>>

Bullshit.  The Israelis clearly target civilians and they've done it since the massacre of Deir Yassin.  The only difference between them and the Nazis is that they only want to chase the Arabs off the land they occupy, so instead of killing them all off, they believe that a combination of carefully rationed killings plus daily humiliation and harrassment plus bulldozing homes and orchards plus land expropriations plus making normal life impossible will eventally drive all Arabs out of the "Promised Land."  I agree that the "genocide" charge is BS, though - - what the Israelis are guilty of is a slow-motion ethnic cleansing in violation of international law and over 60 UN resolutions.

I think the Germans started out in the same way, though.  Genocide was not their first intention.  Originally they were going to make Germany Judenrein (cleansed of Jews) and only later did they graduate to total physical extermination.  I don't think the Jews are that evil but there are some of them who clearly are and their current racism and barbarism (including their Supreme Court's authorization of torture in the face of all international law against it) are clearly steps down that same slippery slope.

<<I believe the only thing that can justify such falsehoods is the same thing that motivates Israel's enemies: antisemitism.>>

Yadda yadda yadda.  If you're against Israel, you gotta be antisemitic.  Gotta stay on message.  Gotta stay on message.  Get that AIPAC message out.  Get that Israel Lobby message out.  24/7, get it out.

Richpo64

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »
>>The Israelis clearly target civilians ... <<

There you have it. Nothing but terrorist propaganda. It's absolutley untrue and anyone who believes it is a fool and a useful idiot for terorists.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 03:52:42 PM »
<<There you have it. Nothing but terrorist propaganda. It's absolutley untrue and anyone who believes it is a fool and a useful idiot for terorists.>>

You gotta admire Rich.  When it comes to Israel, he's got an answer for everything.  Too bad they all come out of the Israel Lobby's playbook.  "Terrorist propaganda."  "Absolutely untrue."  "fool"  and best of all "useful idiot."  Every spouter of the Israel Lobby/AIPAC line has come up with that "useful idiot" phrase since one of them discovered it in, I think, Lenin's writings.

The one thing these Israeli bullshit artists WON'T do is deal in documented historical facts that are inconvenient to them.  If the Arabs massacred seven Jews in some village in 1937, THAT is a fact their propaganda machine serves up to them for endless use and re-use, but Deir Yassin, Sabra and Shatila, the on-going settlement of the West Bank and the sporadic torture and murder of its Arab inhabitants, these are facts you will never hear from them.

Must be frustrating though that less and less American people are falling for that bullshit.  The neocons are all gone and soon what's left of the Bush administration will be all gone too.  Somebody's gonna have to tell you guys the time to make a deal has arrived.  The party's coming to an end in the West Bank because the Americans are getting tired of paying for it.  Sucks eh Rich?

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
Somebody's gonna have to tell you guys the time to make a deal has arrived.  The party's coming to an end in the West Bank because the Americans are getting tired of paying for it.  Sucks eh Rich?

Yes.

Eventually, the Purple Shall Govern! Israel will learn that you cannot run a brutal apartheid regime that supports a well-off set of people on one hand, by absolutely depriving and destroying another set of people on the other hand.

Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Richpo64

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »
Do you need more proof there's a Satan?

Just Satan condemns the only Democracy in the Middle East with his lies and distortions. All Israelis vote. Jews, Christians, Muslims, all have the same rights in Israel. If not for the attempted genocide of Just Satan and his kind there would be peace. Remember, God has protected Israel from these monsters since they returned to their land. JS and his people have tried to exterminate them, men women and children and failed. Peace isn't their objective, death is. These are the monsters Just Satan supports.

These useful idiots are simply that. They have no idea what the truth is because they refuse to see it, or their hearts have been hardend by evil people who evil guides. There is no truth in these people, just evil and lies.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 04:35:54 PM »
It isn't even the name calling that makes your post so stupid Rich.

Jews, Christians, Muslims, all have the same rights in Israel.

The Church recognizes that this is not true. Don't believe me, fine, but at least believe the Church. Almost no one is so blind as to believe that. In fact, it is easily disproven. There are Government positions that Muslims and Christians are simply not allowed to have. There are all-Jewish cities, and I won't even get started on the land issue.

Either this is a joke to you, or you are simply that ridiculous.

No matter. Eyes closed or not, the Purple Shall Govern.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »
     The practical value of appeasing the Turks is evident , their cooperation is essential to establishing peace in Iraq , their lack of cooperation costs us money ,time and blood.

In the early stages of the attack on Saddams regime a Turkish referendum closed one of the invasion corridors we could have used to speed the takeover and reduce the casualties , the Turkish people are already hurt with us and already the support of Turkey is marginal.

We are on nearly a razors edge in northern Iraq where the PKK recklessly irritates the Turks and the Turks feel that they have put up with more than they should . A Turkish invasion would harm the PKK less than the Kurdish population at large and potentially could involve a fight between Americans and Turks as rolling Turk battalions would certainly fire on whatever moved.

I agree that the massicres of Armenians , their families broken up and sold into slavery their lands and property s confiscated is a truth. But what is the benefit accrued from spraying this onto the face of the Turkish people right now?

A very few years earlier than the Armenian Massicres were the last few battles of the Indian wars , which include incidents of a very shamefull nature . Our Glass house is about to receive a return stone , along with interest enough to make us wish we hadn't flung one.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:57:12 PM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
Oh, the timing is obviously political, but that doesn't make the resolution any less true or necessary.

Tell me about what makes this necessary.

Richpo64

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
>>No matter. Eyes closed or not, the Purple Shall Govern.<<

Please don't attempt to speak for the Church. If anyone is interested in the Church's position I would suggest they ask some more reliable source than Just Satan. It's interesting that Just Satan brings up the color purple. Purple turbin anyone?

Once again, the people who supported and defend Communism now support and defend terrorism. Is there a connection? Just Satan?