Author Topic: Fast talk  (Read 894 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fast talk
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
The New York Times On The Web 1/6/00 Alex Kuczynski "?.Rush Limbaugh said he noticed it about two months ago. Listeners to his daily radio show were sending in e-mail messages by the thousands, asking why there were more commercials on his three-hour talk-radio program. "At first I didn't know what they were talking about," Mr. Limbaugh said. "I was talking for the same amount of time every day." He may have been speaking for the same amount of time, but his words were, without his knowledge, being sucked into a temporal never-never land. A new kind of digital technology was literally snipping out the silent pockets between words, shortening the pauses and generally speeding up the pace of Mr. Limbaugh's speech. ?.With no fanfare, the digital program -- called Cash in the direct manner of software nomenclature, because that's what it makes -- has established a foothold in the radio industry in the last six months. General managers at about 50 radio stations across the country are using it, to quicken talk programs so that they can wedge in more commercials?."

Isthistrue?Idonno,areistenerscheatedbyhaveingthewordscrammedtogether?

http://www.alamo-girl.com/0454.htm

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Fast talk
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »
Limbaugh is equally bad with or without commercials, because he IS a commercial.

But radio ads are hideously awful. Worse than all but the very worst TV ads.

I used to do accents in the Spanish version of US TV programs. I helped dub Hogan's Heroes and 600 leagues under the Sea in Mexico.

The US version of the show was 43 minutes long. In Mexico, they would cut out another 15 minutes for commercials. Often, there was no way of understanding the plot at all.

In those years, 1966-69, the number one TV show in Mexico was La Pantera Rosa, the Pink Panther. That tells you who was watching: the children and the servants. The cartoons were short and they didn't ruin them with editing.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Fast talk
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:07:26 AM »

I used to do accents in the Spanish version of US TV programs. I helped dub Hogan's Heroes and 600 leagues under the Sea in Mexico.

I am impressed! That sounlds lke a great job.

In Hogans Heros which caricter were you?