Author Topic: Minister 'deeply disappointed' by US airport detention  (Read 2602 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Minister 'deeply disappointed' by US airport detention
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »
<<So what was the clue that the inspectors at the airport noticed?>>

The name, plane.  They saw the name and figured he was a Muslim.  Before he gets to luggage inspection, he has to pass through security.  Some guy at security flags the guy or calls ahead and at luggage inspection or anywhere else along the line, the guy is signalled out for special attention.  Actually, before he gets to security, he has to present his ticket and passport to get his boarding pass.  From the time the guy gets his boarding pass, his name is in the system and anyone who encounters him can flag him for special attention.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »
<<I think the point Plane was making is that if you just made an assumption based on name, most people would think that Barrack Obama would be Muslim as well.>>

I'm not saying that every time someone makes an assumption, he's gotta be right.  But that doesn't stop people from making assumptions.  I'd say that making the assumption that Shahid Malik is a Muslim is gonna be right a lot more times than it would be wrong.  plane asked how the guy knew Malik was a Muslim and my guess was, it was the name.  Technically, he didn't KNOW that Malik was a Muslim, he just ASSUMED it, but in the event, he was correct.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »
Shahid Malik also does not look like an Englishman, does he?

They say they aren't profiling, but they do. They deny it, because it is less hassle to deny and do it anyway.

I suspect it is the same way with waterboarding and other forms of torture. They say they don't, and say waterboarding isn't torture, but they do torture and waterboarding is, of course, torture. It was once called just that" Chinese water torture".

One way to get away with sh*t is to do it, then deny it.

Muslims say that Islam is the religion of peace, but it isn't. Iswlam doesn't mean peace, it means submission.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 11:49:08 PM »
I'm not saying that every time someone makes an assumption, he's gotta be right.  But that doesn't stop people from making assumptions.  I'd say that making the assumption that Shahid Malik is a Muslim is gonna be right a lot more times than it would be wrong.  plane asked how the guy knew Malik was a Muslim and my guess was, it was the name.  Technically, he didn't KNOW that Malik was a Muslim, he just ASSUMED it, but in the event, he was correct.

It is in the nature of a syllogism or a false syllogism.

If terrorists are Muslim and Malique is Muslim then Malique must be a terrorist.

Not so , even though most of the terrorists we are worried about are Muslim , there are plenty of Muslims who are not terrorists.

Episcopailians on the other hand have no terrorists at all in their ranks, so if his name is odbviously Episcopailian he must not be a terrorist.