Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread  (Read 53930 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:59:28 PM »
This thread will serve as the ultimate resource throughout the campaign providing reasons why Hillary Clinton is wrong for America. Updated as often as possible, hopefully it will become the go to place to set out the reasons why the Queen of Socialized medicine will be denied the presidency of the United States. Please post new info as often as you can.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 02:00:40 PM »
Robert Novak: Hillary Clinton's "Agents" Are Peddling Potential Obama Scandal
-DrewM.

The Prince of Darkness says people close to Hillary have some dirt on Obama but aren't saying what it is.

Allah speculates it could be stories of past drug use or less likely, the big sex scandal the LA Times was supposedly sitting on. There have also long been stories about Obama?s financial dealings with indicted Chicago businessman Tony Rezko.

Sex, drugs and money. Well, Hillary sure doesn't want to bring 2 of those 3 up, given her own issues in those areas.

Meanwhile, Obama says, bring it on bitch?

"But in the interest of our party, and her own reputation, Senator Clinton should either make public any and all information referred to in the item, or concede the truth: that there is none.

"She of all people, having complained so often about 'the politics of personal destruction,' should move quickly to either stand by or renounce these tactics.

"I am prepared to stand up to that kind of politics, whether it's deployed by candidates in our party, in the other party or by any third party.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:02:17 PM by R.R. »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »
To be bluntly honest, RR, at this stage, ANY of the current Democrat candidates would be wrong for America, be it to our Economiy, Security, Immigration, etc.  The problem is the current crop of GOP candidates aren't far behind.    :-\     My current rankings would be Huckabee, Guiliani, Thompson
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

gipper

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »
The "cream of the crop" has sunk to new lows in this ad hominem thread designed to attack Hillary. You don't fool me, lightweight. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »
Travelgate by itself is enough for me.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »
Given the fact that the right has catastrophically squandered their mandate, and compounded the error by refusing to learn anything from the mistake, I find it difficult to put much enthusiasm into demonizing the left, even as much as I dislike Hillary Clinton.

I will, however, contribute my favorite Hillary T-shirt to the discussion...

http://www.cafepress.com/rightwinggifts/3217091

Courtesy of Moonbattery
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »
My current rankings would be Huckabee, Guiliani, Thompson

===========================================
None of these would be as good a president as Biden, Kucinic, Hillary or Obama.

Thompson has two things going fpor him: (a) he is tall, and (2) he had the voice of a celestial floorwalker.
He should stick to acting. He is good at that.

Giulani has taken on the rejected Neocons that even Juniorbush has had to jettison. His campaign is based entirely on fear, and there is a ton of dirt on him from his previous life that has not yet surfaced. But it will, and he will lose if nominated, and that is a good thing. He would be a rerun of Juniorbush.

Huckabee is the only Republican that has a glimmer of competence. Burt he is still a Republican, and will still do the borrow and squander thing, with little hope of any reform with regard to medical care, immigration, ending the Iraq War, or ending the plummeting value of the dollar.

Romney is probably a better choice , bit this isn't a Republican year, and irt won't happen.

Hillary is vastly superior to any and all Republican contenders, but probably not the wisest choice.
I think Edwards and Obama would have a better chance of dealing with medical care and removing power from the oligarchy a bit.
In foreign relations, no one beats Biden.

IThe entire idea of having a topic dedicated to your regurgitating Rush Limbaugh crap against Hillary is pretty stupid. But then again, it is pretty much what we expect from you.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
My current rankings would be Huckabee, Guiliani, Thompson

===========================================
None of these would be as good a president as Biden, Kucinic, Hillary or Obama.

ROFL

Boy, I needed a good belly laugh today.  Thanks Xo     :D

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:31:08 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »
IThe entire idea of having a topic dedicated to your regurgitating Rush Limbaugh crap against Hillary is pretty stupid. But then again, it is pretty much what we expect from you.

We haven't had threads devoted to the faults of certain politicians before?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »
Democrat admits: S-CHIP is the universal health care Trojan Horse

By Michelle Malkin  November 17, 2007 01:39 PM 

I've said it all along: The Democrats' massive S-CHIP expansion is a Trojan Horse for Hillarycare. Now, we get it straight from the horse's mouth. A Hill source sends an audio clip of former Iowa Dem. Governor Tom Vilsack at Drake University on Nov. 16 describing how S-CHIP will help achieve those universal entitlement ends:

Click here for audio.

Transcript:

"I think there is going to be a commitment to universal coverage. I don't think it's necessarily going to be a sector by sector process. I think you either need to go in whole hog or not. We tried to sort of squeeze the middle here with doing children and doing seniors, and trying to squeeze it. If anything happens, it would more likely look something like this: you would extend eligibility for children from 200% of poverty to 300% of poverty, and create resources to insure the parents of those children."

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/11/17/democrat-admits-s-chip-is-the-universal-health-care-trojan-horse/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:44:06 AM by R.R. »

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »
Clinton News Network = CNN

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/11/17/84954/402

Yep.

When you own the media, call in favors, plant questions, what else can you conclude?

CNN was looked at as the real fair and balanced network.

After this debate, not so, any longer.

For Wolf Blizter to not give Obama and Edwards a chance for follow up questions, and give Clinton all the time in the world, what would you call it?

Then planted questions.  Again?

And of course, first hand account of what really happened in Las Vegas, what do you come away with?

Questions of how that debate was handled.  How CNN and moderator let those boos go, like business as usual.  And the boos were only directed to Edwards and Obama.

And the post debate debacle.

CNN have lowered their credentials to those of Fox News.

Meaning?  Fake, unfactual, bogus, lousy, critique, at the expense of six candidates to protect and keep Hillary Clinton, the "front runner".

Among the experts trotted out by CNN to comment was James Carville, a Democratic strategist and CNN commentator who is also a close friend of Mrs. Clinton and a contributor to her campaign.

Mr. Carville?s presence aroused the fury of rivals and bloggers. They called it a conflict of interest and criticized CNN.

"Would it kill CNN to disclose that James Carville is a partisan Clinton supporter when talking about the presidential race?" Markos Moulitsas wrote on his liberal blog, Daily Kos. Mr. Moulitsas drew hundreds of comments.

Tom Reynolds, a spokesman for Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico, who is also seeking the Democratic nomination, said: "What you saw last night lacked full disclosure. The average viewer out in middle America may not know the inside-the-Beltway connection."

Remember, David Gergin was also on the scene, a former Clinton adviser.  And then of course, Carville, Clinton's close friend adviser.  Now can someone tell me how anyone can get a fair and balanced shake, with these analysts?  They can not.  And then, Anderson Cooper, followed the script and did very little to disclose anything, but continued to give Clinton glowing rhetorical platitudes, while calling Edwards campaign over and stating Obama did nothing in the debate.

Now the outrage is warranted and the handling of the whole debate questionable, since we have another planted question story, surrounding Clinton.  One can only really ask, "Was this debate rigged?"

The criticisms were among a series against CNN for how it managed the debate, a two-hour event in Las Vegas that ran nearly 15 minutes late. Viewers criticized segments like the opening, when candidates bounded onto the stage in a style reminiscent of a sports event.

Voters and commentators wrote online about how the audience cheered and booed, the way the CNN hosts reframed audience questions and whether it was correct to demand yes-or-no answers to complex questions.

Maria Luisa Parra-Sandoval, a student who asked Mrs. Clinton whether she preferred diamonds or pearls (Mrs. Clinton answered "both"), said she had prepared a list of more serious questions but had been directed by CNN to ask her trivial question.

CNN said the debate was the most watched in this campaign, drawing more than four million viewers.

Viewers directed most of their criticism at the commentary. The channel has been ridiculed by conservative groups as the Clinton News Network, partly because its commentators include Mr. Carville and Paul Begala, an adviser to President Bill Clinton.

Mr. Carville said in a phone interview that he did not have a role in Mrs. Clinton?s campaign and that he had "never been paid a nickel by her."

He also said he considered her a close personal friend, had contributed to her presidential effort, had friends working for her campaign, planned to vote for her in the Virginia primary and spoke to Mr. Clinton regularly.

He also sent a fund-raising e-mail message last spring on Mrs. Clinton?s behalf, Newsday reported in February.

Why is James Carville on CNN doing ANY ANALYSIS of his close personal friend?

To stop the bleeding, of course.  To skew the debate win, Clinton's way.  To try to make CNN look as they monitored an above board debate, vs. the real debate that took place in Philadelphia, by NBC and Tim Russert.

But, to let the public know, that Clinton is back, she is the inevitable candidate, and we must accept it.

If the point was to elicit illumination, the transcript shows more interruptions than anything else. The low point--and it's a very revealing low point--came right at the end when Maria Luisa, a UNLV student, asked Clinton if she preferred diamonds or pearls. Talk about a softball question. It's not exactly "boxers or briefs," but it's close.

True to form, Clinton straddled the answer, saying she likes them both. We sure don't want to offend the pearl crowd, do we? But what the heck does that have to do with picking a president? The answer, of course, is absolutely nothing.

And the truth came out today when CNN, which is widely believed among Clinton opponents and others to favor the New York senator's candidacy, admitted that a producer allegedly seeking to end the "debate" on a light note gave the question to the student. (Does giving a question to a student to ask Hillary Clinton ring a bell for anyone?)

oh, but it continues:

So it's not too shocking that Politico.com today reported that these former Clinton employees had this to say about Hillary: "David Gergen had opened the coverage by declaring: 'The fire seemed to go out of Obama, and she regained her stride.' James Carville, a Clinton supporter, added: 'Senator Clinton's people ... have to be pretty pleased tonight that they certainly reversed a trend.'"

Good news for the Clinton people from some other Clinton people.

My call:  Bullshit.

My call:  Debate, rigged.

My call:  Wolf Blizter, worst moderator ever.

My call:  Analysts, all friends of Clinton's except J.C.Watts.

My call:  The public is not stupid.

My call:  The winner everyone else, but Clinton and CNN.

Now. Attack if you will.  Frankly, I don't give a damn.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
CNN is whatever it is, Fox is whatever it is. So what?

People can believe either of these, or neither. I don't think TV is really a good medium for determining fitness for political office.

When I see a debate, I am not thinking of who won or who lost, as if it were some silly game with a ball. I am simply changing or not changing my opinion for a while over whom I think would be the best candidate to vote for. I won't be actually deciding this until the day before the primary, because I don't have to.

I realize that nothing is dumber than those hateful 30 second spots like the bit where prisoners go in and out of prison while a voice tells me how soft the Democrat is on crime or the one where Dukakis rides about looking silly in a tank. I don;t think any footage of Giulani standing tall and proud among the wreckage of 9-11 is going to make me vote for him, either: perhaps an exceptional mayor might have prevented 9-11: everyone knew that Al Qaeda wanted to do in the WTC, they tried to do this previously, and one of theose planes took off from NYC.

But any fool can stand tall and proud anywhere. So what?

30 second spot ads are worthless as aids in getting my vote. So is much of what they say in the 'debates'.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
Karl Rove comments

http://www.newsweek.com/id/71000

"...she is tough, persistent and forgets nothing. Those are some of the reasons she is so formidable as a contender, and why Republicans who think she would be easy to beat are wrong. The Republican presidential nomination is the most fluid and unpredictable contest in decades, but the Democratic nominee is likely to be Hillary. Not without a fight, not without losing early contests (probably Iowa, for starters) and not without bruises and bumps.

And so the question to John McCain from a woman at a town hall in South Carolina last Monday was tasteless, but key: "How do ..."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 11:35:58 PM »
ABC Iowa poll: Obama 30, Hillary 26, Edwards 22

http://www.abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Vote2008/story?id=3887274&page=1

------------

Go Obama, Go!

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »
ABC Iowa poll: Obama 30, Hillary 26, Edwards 22

http://www.abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Vote2008/story?id=3887274&page=1

------------

Go Obama, Go!

Ricky - is it that you support Obama, or you just are going to cheer anyone who tops Hillary?