Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread  (Read 53973 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
How do you feel about the clever Democratic plan to allow the Social Security system to die naturally ?

===================================================================
I believe that that exists in your mind, where Rush planted it.

The Republicans will block all attempts to reform SS if they cannot kill it altogether.

But only if they have the votes.

After 2008, I doubt that this will be the case.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 10:41:38 AM »
How do you feel about the clever Democratic plan to allow the Social Security system to die naturally ?

===================================================================
I believe that that exists in your mind, where Rush planted it.

The Republicans will block all attempts to reform SS if they cannot kill it altogether.

But only if they have the votes.

After 2008, I doubt that this will be the case.

It exists in simple mathmatics , where you find it inacessable?

The point at which payout will exceed input is at hand now , and the trends are long term in this direction.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 02:04:14 PM »
Flashback to when we didn't like the French

PARIS (Reuters) - U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton won surprise backing from the wife of former French President Jacques Chirac on Thursday, together with a pledge to join her on the campaign trail.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 02:24:10 PM »
The point at which payout will exceed input is at hand now , and the trends are long term in this direction.

========================================
No, it is not, and will not be for some time.

All that the government needs to do is (1) stop spending the money that is collected and replacing it with bonds, and (2) at a later dfate, fredeem the bonds.

That will keep it going until the 2040's.

Stop listening to Rush and check out the facts.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »
FACTS are Xo, that Politicians (read; NOT just Republicans, and NOT just Bush) have been using SS funds for general revenue items, for DECADES.

Try pulling your rabid Bush hatred out of the hole for a few minutes to actually "check out the facts"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 02:44:01 PM »
>>"check out the facts"<<

I don't  think the facts really matter to the left anymore. They're to far gone.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
"Facts" as outlined by the vast majority of the fringe left are frequently distortions, and "conclusions" based on those distortions, when not simply based on out & out lying. 

Xo was singing the praises of how he has intelligently placed other $'s in other funds and stock options, besides SS, yet is staunchly against anyone daring to do the same, per Bush's proposal. 

Despite the LIE that Bush was trying to dismantle and destroy SS, the fact that he's even tried to allow some reform, with only a paltry small % of yonger workers being given THE OPTION (choice, the ever famous term the left uses when it's regarding positions they advocate, but when it's a position they oppose, "choice" is thrown out the windown, since they know what's better) to take a small % of their dedicated SS $'s and be allowed to re-invest, is a significant effort on his part to save SS.  Folks like Xo can't have that, (a Republican, and Bush) actually having a hand in fixing SS.  So much the better to maintain their own status quo of greed & selfishness, and when it does collapse, blame Republicans & Bush for not doing anything to have had it fixed.

Then watch how fast taxes are raised on "the rich"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 06:55:58 PM »
Xo was singing the praises of how he has intelligently placed other $'s in other funds and stock options, besides SS, yet is staunchly against anyone daring to do the same, per Bush's proposal.

========================
You annoying asshole, I did not say this. What I DID say was that it is a good idea for EVERYONE to take advantage of 401k, 403b, IRA and Roth IRA plans. I have never invested in 'stock options', mostly just mutual funds, by the way. I would be against the government taking money from taxpayers and investing it for them in some stock plan, because the yield would be pitiful on any such fund, since yield goes down when investment rises. On the other hand, most people are not wiling to spend enough time studying mutual funds, stocks and bonds to do very well at it. Most small investors actually LOSE money most years, because they follow the hype, buying at the top and selling near the bottom. This would not make for a solvent retired population. Peoiple tend to put their money in crappy scams like real estate flipping, options and currency trading that is the object of latenight TV informercials by scam artists.

There is a great abundance of good info available, much of it for free, but most people will never avail themselves of it. I know this from experience.

It would be best if the schools taught about investing, but I don't see this happening anytime soon. Roth IRAs and 401k's are excellent vehicles, but most people are unaware of what they are or how they work. Most people who have 401k's are locked into rather poorly performing funds of limited  variety, and stuff like bank CD's.

Juniorbush's plan failed because by the time he started spewing about hos geart it would be, the entire nation (except for you) already knew that he was a congenital liar.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 06:59:38 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

Richpo64

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »
>>he (Bush) was a congenital liar.<<

I'm always amused at this accusation from the Clintonestas. Again, I see it as evidence of their limited intellect. We know Bill Clinton is a congenital liar, he was even praised by the media for his ability to lie. Since the left is incapable of coming up with anything new, we get this "Bush is a liar" business. It's like, " I know you are but what am I?"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:59:08 PM by Richpo64 »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »
The proof of Juniorbush's lies are there for all to see.
And his lies caused people to die, for no good reason.

Richpo64

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »
>>The proof of Juniorbush's lies are there for all to see. And his lies caused people to die, for no good reason.<<

See! There it is again!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2007, 09:12:36 PM »
========================
You annoying asshole, I did not say this. What I DID say was that it is a good idea for EVERYONE to take advantage of 401k, 403b, IRA and Roth IRA plans.

LOL...YET, you oppose anyone doing precisely that with the Bush plan.  In the dictionary, that's referred to as a hypocrite

Juniorbush's plan failed because by the time he started spewing about hos geart it would be, the entire nation (except for you) already knew that he was a congenital liar.

It failed because the "congenital liars" in this discussion, are the ususal "sky is falling" left, facilitated by the standard MSM culprits, decrying and LYING how Bush was trying to destroy SS, and rob old folks of their SS $$$'s. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2007, 10:38:14 PM »

========================================
No, it is not, and will not be for some time.

All that the government needs to do is (1) stop spending the money that is collected and replacing it with bonds, and (2) at a later dfate, fredeem the bonds.

That will keep it going until the 2040's.

Stop listening to Rush and check out the facts.

What kind of bonds?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2007, 11:04:50 PM »
The kind of government bonds that the feds replace the overages in SS payments with so they can spend the money on other things.
If you are unaware of these bonds, you have really no knowledge of how SS has been working for the past 50 years.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2007, 11:11:07 PM »
The kind of government bonds that the feds replace the overages in SS payments with so they can spend the money on other things.
If you are unaware of these bonds, you have really no knowledge of how SS has been working for the past 50 years.

You want the government to replace government funds with government bonds?

This is very like a farmer going to market with a big load of corn and tradeing it for corn.

Both ways we re talking about government securitys backed by the power of taxation.

You may be of the opinion that the power of taxation has no limit , but I think that the limit is ruin to pass.