Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread  (Read 53960 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »
What, you think I am actually going to heed your "Obey Me" thingie?

As I said, the Big Rush will be pleased with his infantile dittohead.

I am wondering how many votes against Hillary you have garnered so far.

My guess would be a notably round number...

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2007, 01:38:17 PM »
As I said, the Big Rush will be pleased with his infantile dittohead.

"people in DC would have to be very careful if she was doing the driving."

How is that any less "infantile", than what Rich said?  Because you said it??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
Quote of the Day

"My guess is Senator Obama's going to win Iowa and that he's going to win it by a surprising margin."

-- Newt Gingrich, in an interview with ABC News.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »
Norman Hsu 2

By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, November 25, 2007; Page A01

McALLEN, Tex. -- During the first nine months of this year, Sen. Barack Obama raised just $2,086 for his presidential campaign from people who live in and around this border town of stucco bungalows and weed-covered farm lots, and most candidates raised even less. But Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, has already raised more than $640,000 here, and her campaign expects to collect even more.

Clinton's success in this unlikely setting is based almost entirely on her friendship with one man, McAllen developer Alonzo Cantu. A self-made millionaire who once picked grapes on the migratory farm labor circuit, Cantu persuaded more than 300 people in Hidalgo County, where the median household income in 2006 was $28,660, to write checks ranging from $500 to $2,300 to the senator from New York.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/24/AR2007112401359.html

------------------

The Post calls this success. It wreaks of being straw donors. These manipulated people who mostly are very poor and easily duped are donating money and Cantu is probably paying them back. Why the Post would call this fraudulent activity any type of success is beyond me. The behavior stinks to high heaven.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:24 PM »
I wonder what it tells us, if anything, that there have been over 1300 Views of this thread?

Hmmmm.....
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
That is pretty remarkable.  I think one of my threads had the most amount of actual responses.........IRC
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »
>>What, you think I am actually going to heed your "Obey Me" thingie?<<

Are you a child?

Hillary doesn't need me to turn Americans off. She's doing very well on her own.

yellow_crane

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »
Norman Hsu 2

By Matthew Mosk
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, November 25, 2007; Page A01

McALLEN, Tex. -- During the first nine months of this year, Sen. Barack Obama raised just $2,086 for his presidential campaign from people who live in and around this border town of stucco bungalows and weed-covered farm lots, and most candidates raised even less. But Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic front-runner, has already raised more than $640,000 here, and her campaign expects to collect even more.

Clinton's success in this unlikely setting is based almost entirely on her friendship with one man, McAllen developer Alonzo Cantu. A self-made millionaire who once picked grapes on the migratory farm labor circuit, Cantu persuaded more than 300 people in Hidalgo County, where the median household income in 2006 was $28,660, to write checks ranging from $500 to $2,300 to the senator from New York.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/24/AR2007112401359.html

------------------

The Post calls this success. It wreaks of being straw donors. These manipulated people who mostly are very poor and easily duped are donating money and Cantu is probably paying them back. Why the Post would call this fraudulent activity any type of success is beyond me. The behavior stinks to high heaven.

" . . . , Cantu persuaded more that 300 people in Hidalgo County, where the median household income in 2006 was $28,660, to write checks ranging from $500 to $2,300 to the senator from New York."

This is reminiscent of Jorge Mas Canosa and his tactics in Miami--amassing poltical funds via the big squeeze.

Come to think of it, who out there running is above it?

I will say this--those poor smucks who were sqeezed will never see a return on their money, should she win.

Unless they were a corporation in drag.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:51 PM »
I am betting that if Obama gets the nomination, Richipoo will be crowing about how he, too is a fraud, possibly not a Black man at all, and telling us all how we should all vote for Giulani or Huckabee or Romney so he can get a tax refund or something.

I am hardly Hillary's biggest fan, but she is mostly being raked over the coals because she is an assertive (read "uppity") woman.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2007, 11:56:29 PM »
Hillary Clinton is going to probably be president. She's tried for decades to be on top. She will give it her cookie baking try. But it won't work. She's too left and self serving. This country can't afford to have hand me downs at this point.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
Hillary Clinton is going to probably be president. She's tried for decades to be on top. She will give it her cookie baking try. But it won't work. She's too left and self serving. This country can't afford to have hand me downs at this point.

Was she on top? At dinner the other day, Bill, told me she didn't like being on top... :D

Sorry....seriously, I said over two years ago, she would probbly be the next President. Right or wrong, the Iraqi "thang" has sealed the doom for anyone with an "R" associated with his name. It will then be interesting to see how she captains the ship.

What, if anything, can be learned from Bill Clinton's policies? Are "his" hers?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:27:37 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
Apparently Xo couldn't even rationalize how his comments regarding Laura Bush's driving were any less "infantile" than Rich's Kennedy driving comeback.  So often here, silence does speak volumes

Richpo64

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »
>>I am betting that if Obama gets the nomination, Richipoo will be crowing about how he, too is a fraud,...<<

I think I've stated my opinion on B. Hussein Obama. In case you missed it, I consider him an empty suit. A junior Senator with even less experience than Mrs. Clinton. How long has he been in the Senate? Two years? There are candidates in the democrat primary who are far more qualified than either of these two clowns.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »
Right or wrong, the Iraqi "thang" has sealed the doom for anyone with an "R" associated with his name.

I don't think that's the case anymore, Prof. Sirs posted up an article the other day about how the defeatist Dems are now changing their tone about Iraq due to all of the success there. And there is now a Pew poll out showing that support for the war is now at 48 to 48%. The success of the surge seemingly has taken Iraq off the table as a major campaign hurdle for the GOP. They need to put the Dems in a box over it. The mainstream media, amazingly, is now reporting the success in Iraq.

Hillary loses to all 5 top Republicans according to Zogby.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »
Huckabee Passes Romney in Iowa

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey in Iowa caucus finds Mike Huckabee leading among Republicans with 28% support, followed by Mitt Romney with 25% support and everyone else far behind. Rudy Giuliani comes in third with just 12% and Fred Thompson is the only other candidate in double digits at 11%.

Key factor: Huckabee now gets 48% of the Evangelical Christian vote -- more than all the other candidates combined.

------------

This is great news. I always liked Huck better than Romney. Romney just seems like a phony with all of that flip flopping.

Huck is a genuine social conservative. I'm really not that concerned with his alleged liberal positions on fiscal issues. So he raised a fee or two in Arkansas. So he supports some trivial social programs. He also cut taxes many times and balanced the budget as govenor. Some of his liberal views on fiscal issues might attract the support of African Americans.

With Rudy's conservatism on fiscal issues and strong support against radical Jihad, and Huck's conservatism on social issues and the strong support of evangelicals that he brings with him, this seems like it would make the strongest ticket on the Republican side. Rudy/Huck.