Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread  (Read 53972 times)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »
Right or wrong, the Iraqi "thang" has sealed the doom for anyone with an "R" associated with his name.

I don't think that's the case anymore, Prof. Sirs posted up an article the other day about how the defeatist Dems are now changing their tone about Iraq due to all of the success there. And there is now a Pew poll out showing that support for the war is now at 48 to 48%. The success of the surge seemingly has taken Iraq off the table as a major campaign hurdle for the GOP. They need to put the Dems in a box over it. The mainstream media, amazingly, is now reporting the success in Iraq.

Hillary loses to all 5 top Republicans according to Zogby.

I sincerely hope you are right, R.R. I do not want to see Hillary there, either...sigh.

My favorite is Huckabee. I would really like to see a fiscal and social conservative there, but....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:31:40 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
My favorite is Huckabee. I would really like to see a fiscal and social conservative there, but....

Ditto    :)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »
The Republicans DESERVE to lose bigtime. The Iraq war was a bad idea, poorly executed and hugely detrimental to our country in every way.

Politics is the art of the possible. For a man, an abortion is only a hypothetical issue, like a penis ring for a woman, since men can't have abortions. If you want to be governor of Massachussetts, you will never get there unless you have some liberal ideas. So Romney has changed his mind on a couple of things once, so what?

Huckabee has lost over 100 pounds and is a cheerful fellow. He is certainly less pretentious than the others, and has many many fewer skeletons in his closet than Giulani, and I suspect, Thompson. On the other hand, he claims that he "doesn't believe in evolution". How lame is that? Do we really need another president who head is still in the XIX Century?

We need someone more financial conservative than Juniorbush, which is like saying we need someone who smells better than a two week old rotting corpse.

Being as all attempts to legislate morality, from Girolamo Savanarola to the XVIII Amendment  and beyond have ended in disaster, I am all for people settling for learning how to tolerate one another's morality rather than trying to enforce their own.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »
For a man, an abortion is only a hypothetical issue, like a penis ring for a woman, since men can't have abortions.

Yeah, men aren't involved in pregnancy at all.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
For a man, an abortion is only a hypothetical issue, like a penis ring for a woman, since men can't have abortions.

Yeah, men aren't involved in pregnancy at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men do not get pregnant. Men cannot have abortions. I doubt that even you can cite one instance of a truly pregnant man. There was Arnold Schwartzenegger, but that was actually in a movie, and therefore doesn't count.

It's like shaving one's face. Women do not grow whiskers, women do not normally shave their faces.
=============================================================================
Much of the time, men do things that can cause pregnancies without regard to actually causeing them.

When women get pregnant, some men, even though they had anything to do with a pregnancy, think that somehow it belongs to them.

And I consider that weird. I doubt that you will convince me that it's not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all, women have never tried to abolish razors or shave cream.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2007, 06:05:27 PM »
Do you ever read your own stuff Xo?  Is it your goal to be completely obtuse to any points being made that aren't of the fringe left variety?       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2007, 06:17:47 PM »
How is me saying that if some woman is pregnant, that is none of my business, and none of yours either, in any way "fringe or leftist"?

How?

How is saying that a person has an absolute right over their own body leftist?

How?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
How is me saying that if some woman is pregnant, that is none of my business, and none of yours either, in any way "fringe or leftist"?

Because you went on some inane tangent about men not being able to get pregnant, while Ami was simply trying to focus that it takes 2 to tango.  In order not to deal with that reality, you started argueing a completely disconnected reality

How is saying that a person has an absolute right over their own body leftist?

When that person flagrantly disregards the absolute right that the innocent child should have to their own body

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »
What innocent child?

You must be one of those silly people who cannot tell the difference between an actual child and a woman's fat tummy. There seems to be a lot of this going round. It seems to be a bit like a cross between the bird flu and mass delusion. It is contagious and causes confusion.

This is not a difficult distinction to make. Count the feet and divide by two.

If the answer is ONE, you have a pregnant woman, and her pregnancy is no one's business but her own.

If the answer is two then, you have a child, who is innocent only when this issue is concerned.

The Holy Mother Church claims that all human beings are corrupt and born in sin. Corrupt from the reek of the daper to the stench of the tomb.

Only Jesus and Holy Mary are innocent.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2007, 06:51:14 PM »
What innocent child?

The one produced by BOTH the man & woman, that happens to be being carried by the woman.  The one who's been given NO choice in living or dying.  The body that child apparently has no rights to.  Contrary to delusional leftist opinion, not every unborn child is a 3day old set of disorganized cells in some woman's abdomen.

You must be one of those silly people who cannot tell the difference between an actual child and a woman's fat tummy.

Ahh, so Einstein here is going to now explain how is it that someone who's murdered a pregnant woman, is most often charged with 2 homicides.  Killed the woman's alter ego?  Her makebelieve childhood friend perhaps??   ::)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14:45 PM »
Men do not get pregnant.

I've never seen documented evidence that a woman has gotten pregnant without a man involved.

Perhaps you can point to said evidence?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2007, 12:36:59 AM »
Hillary Clinton is going to probably be president. She's tried for decades to be on top. She will give it her cookie baking try. But it won't work. She's too left and self serving. This country can't afford to have hand me downs at this point.

Was she on top? At dinner the other day, Bill, told me she didn't like being on top... :D

Sorry....seriously, I said over two years ago, she would probbly be the next President. Right or wrong, the Iraqi "thang" has sealed the doom for anyone with an "R" associated with his name. It will then be interesting to see how she captains the ship.

What, if anything, can be learned from Bill Clinton's policies? Are "his" hers?

LOL. You picked up on that one pretty top on quickly, Professor! ..as it was meant to be. ha!

Your post is 'spot on', as well. Hillary is only interested in power, nothing else. She has wanted this gig for too many hard crusted years.....

Besides, why the hell would we want Hillary in office when a woman would fit the 'Bill' so much better.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2007, 01:45:02 AM »
Barack Obama Chides Bill Clinton For Flip-Flop on Iraq

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fox News

MUSCATINE, Iowa -- Barack Obama on Wednesday laughed off comments by former President Bill Clinton, who a day earlier said that he "opposed (war in) Iraq from the beginning."

"If he did, you know, I don't think most of us have heard about it. But I'll let you check with him as to where he made these, made these statements," the Democratic presidential candidate said in a conference call with reporters.

Asked if Obama thought Clinton's position had any bearing on his wife, Hillary Clinton's position on the Iraq war, Obama responded that all he can say is he actually did oppose the war from the start.

"I spoke out against it before the vote to authorize, spoke out against it after the vote to authorize. Senator Clinton made a different decision. My understanding is Senator Clinton and President Clinton were talking frequently so you'll have to, you know, talk to them about whether ... they discussed this issue at all," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313309,00.html

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:49 AM »
Hillary Clinton is going to probably be president. She's tried for decades to be on top. She will give it her cookie baking try. But it won't work. She's too left and self serving. This country can't afford to have hand me downs at this point.

Was she on top? At dinner the other day, Bill, told me she didn't like being on top... :D

Sorry....seriously, I said over two years ago, she would probbly be the next President. Right or wrong, the Iraqi "thang" has sealed the doom for anyone with an "R" associated with his name. It will then be interesting to see how she captains the ship.

What, if anything, can be learned from Bill Clinton's policies? Are "his" hers?

LOL. You picked up on that one pretty top on quickly, Professor! ..as it was meant to be. ha!

Your post is 'spot on', as well. Hillary is only interested in power, nothing else. She has wanted this gig for too many hard crusted years.....

Besides, why the hell would we want Hillary in office when a woman would fit the 'Bill' so much better.

Well, many women apparently have "fit the Bill", but probably not Clinton for a while at least.  ;D

Again, seriously, can a comparsion by made of Bill Clinton's positions on major issues and Hillary's in order to ascertain what a potential Hillary presidency will look like, issues-wise? Are the advisors she is currently listening to the same or similar in political outlook to Bill's when he was in office?
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Richpo64

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
>>I've never seen documented evidence that a woman has gotten pregnant without a man involved. Perhaps you can point to said evidence?<<

Well ... there was this woman named Mary ...  ;)