Author Topic: Map of hate crimes  (Read 6551 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Map of hate crimes
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:49:26 PM »
Found this one today.

<sarcasm>

As you can see, Mikey's right - most hate crimes occur in the southeast...

</sarcasm>
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Map of hate crimes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:08:34 PM »
 ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:18:17 AM »
No Mississippi data?

No Canada data?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:37:29 AM »
I saw that and the article that went with it. Seems like it was based on pretty much the same data I posted a couple of weeks ago. And, you know, that was irrelevant because, because, well, dammit, it contradicted the point Tee was trying to make.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 10:08:32 AM »
An interesting point to be made is that Canada also still has similar difficulties with natives. No one is above sin...
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:27:21 AM »
Hilarious.  Mississippi one big data blank.  Hate crahms?  No hate crahms heah, boy.

What's the most populous state, California?  And California has the most hate crimes?  Gee, how innarestin.  Wonder if . . . ?  Naaah.

I guess for the real simple minded, the map of hate crimes solves the problem though.  Absolutely no data on the relative frequency of reporting hate crimes or whether Mississippi or Alabama victims just don't bother going to the police as often as California victims would.  Now why could that be?  Hey let's not spoil a perfectly good piece of "research" with further analysis now.  We got the results we wanted eh?  When ya strike oil, STOP DRILLIN.  Good advice for the oil industry, good too for the spin industry.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »
Absolutely no data on the relative frequency of reporting hate crimes or whether Mississippi or Alabama victims just don't bother going to the police as often as California victims would.  Now why could that be? 

LOL....and yet again, lack of proof/evidence is proof postive for Tee  *must fit template, must fit template*    :D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »
When conclusions are drawn from a study, it's perfectly legitimate to point out areas of study that might have influenced the study that were completely ignored in the study.

Just because an exercise is labelled a "study" does not mean that it's methodology was foolproof or that its conclusions must be accepted as fact whether or not they examined all legitimate factors.

The usual suspects in this group leapt upon the study and immediately drew one conclusion from it that even its authors may not have intended.  But if you are going to draw on that study to support your ludicrous conclusion ( that the South is no more racist than the rest of the country) then you have no right to whine when the failings of the study are pointed out to you.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »
What's the most populous state, California?  And California has the most hate crimes?  Gee, how innarestin.  Wonder if . . . ?  Naaah.

And Minnesota is one of the least populous states, and it's right on up there near the top. And it's also no where near the southeast.

At least my claims are based on recent living experiences in Canada, the northeast US, the upper midwest, and the southeast. Your claims are based on one trip 40 years ago.

Wonder who has the most relevant experience?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
No one is above sin...

=====================
Really?
So there is no place, anywhere where there are no 'hate crimes'?

I suggest that this is a stupid statement.

Also, there are no statistics anywhere on the actual number of hate crimes, because there is only data on the number REPORTED.
There was no one reported for antisemitic crimes in the Third Reich, after all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »
Also, there are no statistics anywhere on the actual number of hate crimes, because there is only data on the number REPORTED.  There was no one reported for antisemitic crimes in the Third Reich, after all.

Last time I checked, there was no system of Government within the Third Reich to allow such, much less prosecute.  Care to prove otherwise?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
<<Wonder who has the most relevant experience?>>

I do, cuz I saw them at their most natural, when they weren't afraid of letting it all hang out, and you saw them when they had to at least fake it that they weren't a bunch of racists because ever since the mid-sixties those blacks were able to vote, which changed a whole lot of things.  Lotta what I was was driven underground where you apparently don't get to see it.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
Lotta what I was was driven underground where you apparently don't get to see it.

Interesting confession.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 11:07:45 PM »
Call it a Freudian slip.

<<Lotta what I was SEEING was driven underground where you apparently don't get to see it.>>

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 11:29:14 PM »
I find it much more likely that the rednecks you were seeing are all dead or too feeble to be much trouble anymore.

Matches well with my experiences, and satisfies Occam's Razor.