Author Topic: Map of hate crimes  (Read 6550 times)

yellow_crane

Re: Map of hate crimes
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »
Wonder who has the most relevant experience?

I live in the South, have pretty much all my life. I've seen the changes from the 60's to now. Sure, there are still racists around, just as there are up north, and even in Canada. I know, I've done a bit of traveling in my time too. And I'll tell you flat out, if Tee thinks the problem is so much worse here than anywhere else, he's full of crap. Maybe he should get out more often.

By the way, heard they found some more nooses the other day - in Michigan. Not in the Yewpee, though, so I guess they were racist southern Michiganers.

It is simple Southern casuistry to pretend that racism is defined by prankism acting out.  In every city in the North which readilly reports these noose incidents, they usually will do some follow-up on the local nutjob hate groups that flaunt the notion that White is superior.  Call it putting distance between you and your viewers and hate.  What you do not see in these Northern cities are cars sporting the confederate flag, which almost all Negroes both South and North see as pure hate expression. 

Course, some will abstain:   "Not our Nigras.  They was happy until the hippy yankees came down here."

There is a real clue in the map that discloses the locations of reported hate crimes.  Only a complete fucking idiot believes that there was only one reported case in Alabama and none in Mississippi.  Incidentally, those who would try to utilize this absurd silliness to cast a good light on the South are quite likely racists in their own accord, since all laudable intent is lost to using figures to lie. 

Racism is more defined by this kind of unspoken threat, this hiddedness of malicious hate, this entrenched and unyielding denial that exists in the South still.

The South has hate down; it has hate so thoroughly ingrained that no nooses need to be hung in trees, where real nooses hung so plentifly.   It is in the air, and it winds through-out what the acidly arcane doctrinists call "heritage."

Like most Blacks, I see the word as code for hate--heritage is hate.   

It is the South itself, and those still snarling at the bit, that need to be enlightened, and not those in the North who don't see what you see riding around in your truck. 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »
Wow.

Excellent post, Crane.  Nailed it flat.  Congrats.

<<Only a complete fucking idiot believes that there was only one reported case in Alabama and none in Mississippi. >>

LOL.  Waiting for the "no evidence is proof that it must have happened" or "So you admit you have no actual evidence of further cases from Alabama and Mississippi" jibes from the usual suspects.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »

If you mean he showed the same prejudices that you have, then yeah, he nailed it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 11:18:09 PM »
What you do not see in these Northern cities are cars sporting the confederate flag...

I guess you don't get out much, either.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 11:42:12 PM »
What you do not see in these Northern cities are cars sporting the confederate flag...

I guess you don't get out much, either.

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I saw the Confederate battle flag on cars in Minneapolis - that haven of the enlightened, according to Crane. Actually, I think I might have seen more up there than in NC (as a percentage of vehicles on the road).
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

yellow_crane

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »

If you mean he showed the same prejudices that you have, then yeah, he nailed it.

All Blacks--even the roll-overs like Thomas, Cosby and Freeman--believe that racism existed then, exists now.  These Republican cats simply disagree as how to live and endure successfully in spite of it.

But even they do not deny racism, they simply handle it differently from the lion's share of Blacks.

Extravagent success inspires, permits this.  Black athletes roll in bling, and they create their own palaces, but they must, of course . . . soon they will be mad in their luxury.

Many times, success hollows those who get there, especially when luck looms large, like a grinning God with the price tag, demanding ultimately they devour themselves. 

On some level, though, it must occur to them that their lotto-like luck with stand-up, thespian, and simpering boot-lick efforts are hardly bootstrap stuff, and eventully fizzle under the scrutiny of community common sense.  For ninety-nine point nine nine percent of Black Americans, cashing in on an exceptional bestowal of a talent is beyond them, and they must cope like all of us must do, unless they are blessed by the new pantheon of America's Olympus--Celebrities.  OJ was exonerated not because he is Black, but because he is Celebrity.  True, he was a malcontent, mischevious God, but even with savagery, he still maintained his power, thus his freedom.

Racism in America is prevalent and destructive to everything God intended.

In America, the mother of this fester is the South.  Was and still is.

It is Mister Tee and myself who see this, and agree.

Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless it is remembered that the only explanation for such an anomoly of logic is that you yourselves are racist, and the formulation of your theory permits an escape from the vise grip of guilt that would otherwise occur, should you  have your nose put to your scene, like Scrooge.  And, like Scrooge, have your predjudice pulled painfully from your self-created sampler, so that you may ken that your version is denial, put together to sustain all the weaknesses and fears you harbor within, and your racism is born with your need to visit this character cancer on something without of your messy little selves.   I believe the phrase relevant to this psychological discharge is ''rolls downhill."

Who knew?

I did.

I bet Mister Tee did, too.

Not psychic.

Just real, above the dysfunctioning emotional crosswire.

heh heh heh

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »
Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless it is remembered that the only explanation for such an anomoly of logic is that you yourselves are racist, and the formulation of your theory permits an escape from the vise grip of guilt that would otherwise occur, should you  have your nose put to your scene, like Scrooge.  And, like Scrooge, have your predjudice pulled painfully from your self-created sampler, so that you may ken that your version is denial, put together to sustain all the weaknesses and fears you harbor within, and your racism is born with your need to visit this character cancer on something without of your messy little selves.   I believe the phrase relevant to this psychological discharge is ''rolls downhill."

Please provide a link to where I denied racism or bigotry exist.

I bet I won't get one from you.

heh heh heh

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 03:52:30 PM »
In America, the mother of this fester is the South.  Was and still is.  It is Mister Tee and myself who see this, and agree.  Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless ....

.....Unless of course, that's one of the most asaine meritless accusations to date.  As Ami accurately inquired, you'll be hard pressed to find ANYONE here, inluding those bastard whities, where they've denied any racism, much less that "deny it even exists"     ::)    What's been denied is how supposedly massively widespread it is, analogus to the 50's & 60's, and that the current amount of racism is still the MO of "the south"

Pretty pathetic
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 03:54:25 PM »
Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists...

Liar.

Go here ( http://debategate.com/new3dhs/index.php?topic=4589.15 ), and scroll down to the bear thumbing its nose - I clearly said racism exists.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »
<<Racism in America is prevalent and destructive to everything God intended.

<<In America, the mother of this fester is the South.  Was and still is.

<<Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless it is remembered that the only explanation for such an anomoly of logic is that you yourselves are racist, and the formulation of your theory permits an escape from the vise grip of guilt that would otherwise occur, should you  have your nose put to your scene, like Scrooge.  And, like Scrooge, have your predjudice pulled painfully from your self-created sampler, so that you may ken that your version is denial, put together to sustain all the weaknesses and fears you harbor within, and your racism is born with your need to visit this character cancer on something without of your messy little selves.   I believe the phrase relevant to this psychological discharge is ''rolls downhill."

<<Who knew?

<<I did.

<<I bet Mister Tee did, too.

<<Not psychic.

<<Just real, above the dysfunctioning emotional crosswire.>>

LOL.  That's beautiful.  I love how, faced with a barrage of facts and logic, the right-wing deniers of Southern racism zero in on the ONE POINT they might be able to successfully dispute ("Me?  I never denied the existence of racism!") which allows them to dodge the 99% accuracy of everything else you said.

It's as if you nailed them with a shotgun blast to the chest but one pellet sailed over their head, and they cry out triumphantly, Ya missed!!  Yer WAY off target!!   They're hilarious.  They deal with the points they want to deal with.

Well done, Crane.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 05:45:29 PM »
They deal with the points they want to deal with.

As do you.

You continue to make claims in the face of facts and just say that anyone with facts to the contrary are just deluded.

I say that you and Crane are the prejudiced bigots.

And if you deny it, then it just proves that I'm right.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
<<Racism in America is prevalent and destructive to everything God intended.

<<In America, the mother of this fester is the South.  Was and still is.

<<Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless it is remembered that the only explanation for such an anomoly of logic is that you yourselves are racist, and the formulation of your theory permits an escape from the vise grip of guilt that would otherwise occur, should you  have your nose put to your scene, like Scrooge.  And, like Scrooge, have your predjudice pulled painfully from your self-created sampler, so that you may ken that your version is denial, put together to sustain all the weaknesses and fears you harbor within, and your racism is born with your need to visit this character cancer on something without of your messy little selves.   I believe the phrase relevant to this psychological discharge is ''rolls downhill."

<<Who knew?

<<I did.

<<I bet Mister Tee did, too.

<<Not psychic.

<<Just real, above the dysfunctioning emotional crosswire.>>

LOL.  That's beautiful.  I love how, faced with a barrage of facts and logic, the right-wing deniers of Southern racism zero in on the ONE POINT they might be able to successfully dispute ("Me?  I never denied the existence of racism!") which allows them to dodge the 99% accuracy of everything else you said.

It's as if you nailed them with a shotgun blast to the chest but one pellet sailed over their head, and they cry out triumphantly, Ya missed!!  Yer WAY off target!!   They're hilarious.  They deal with the points they want to deal with.

Well done, Crane.

I don't see why H should have to deal with guilt in this way.

Do you and Yellow Crane consider the efforts of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wasted because there is no possibility of overcomeing racism?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 06:32:45 PM »
<<And if you deny it, then it just proves that I'm right.>>

OK smart guy, I don't deny it so that must prove you're wrong.   Hnyuck, nyuck, nyuck.  Or . . .  Hey!!  Now just wait a damn minnit!!!  Oh no ya don't.  I take that back!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 07:12:38 PM »
<<I don't see why H should have to deal with guilt in this way.>>

I don't get it.  What's H guilty of?

<<Do you and Yellow Crane consider the efforts of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wasted because there is no possibility of overcomeing racism?>>

No, he galvanized a lot of people for the struggle and changed a lot of minds.  Mostly in the North, IMHO.  He got people out in the streets, refusing to work "behind the scenes," eschewing "gradualism" for direct action and freedom NOW!   This in turn put pressure on JFK and his group, who previously felt they had to keep their distance from the "militants" to keep the Solid South solid, and after the assassination, LBJ had to deal with the same new forces, ultimately forcing through the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

It's a long, hard struggle, but you're question is like asking whether a GI who "only" killed two Nazis had "wasted" his efforts.  Every little bit counts towards the final victory and in Dr. King's case, he certainly contributed more than a little bit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
<<I don't see why H should have to deal with guilt in this way.>>

I don't get it.  What's H guilty of?

<<Do you and Yellow Crane consider the efforts of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wasted because there is no possibility of overcomeing racism?>>

No, he galvanized a lot of people for the struggle and changed a lot of minds.  Mostly in the North, IMHO.  He got people out in the streets, refusing to work "behind the scenes," eschewing "gradualism" for direct action and freedom NOW!   This in turn put pressure on JFK and his group, who previously felt they had to keep their distance from the "militants" to keep the Solid South solid, and after the assassination, LBJ had to deal with the same new forces, ultimately forcing through the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts.

It's a long, hard struggle, but you're question is like asking whether a GI who "only" killed two Nazis had "wasted" his efforts.  Every little bit counts towards the final victory and in Dr. King's case, he certainly contributed more than a little bit.

H is not guilty of anything I know about , so how "
Folks like you, Hr.muppph, and almost every other white male or female in here deny that it even exists, and that confounds logic, unless it is remembered that the only explanation for such an anomoly of logic is that you yourselves are racist, and the formulation of your theory permits an escape from the vise grip of guilt that would otherwise occur....
strikes you as apt seems incongruous.

You say that you beleive change possible , but you do not acknoledge that change has been signifigant. Even over the course of fourty years?
Could it be that the accomplishment of equality under the law is not enough nor is acceptnce in all levels of society?
Perhaps the cause must be preserved for the political use it has , ven if is real purposes have been accomplished .

Racism is more likely to be revived in a response to its reversal than from its elimination.
Racism has lost a lot of its appeal , has lost  alot of its following has lost almost all of its political clout.

It isn't gone yet , but it is nurseing its wounds and being nourished by anti-racists who are sure they do right when they attack the white.