Author Topic: Is this fair?  (Read 1912 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is this fair?
« on: October 22, 2006, 05:38:42 AM »
http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/republicans-bin-laden-ad-sparks-furor/20061021115909990001?cid=842

Republicans unveiled an advertisement on Friday featuring the image and words of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and a warning to voters that "these are the stakes"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Is this fair?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:59:03 AM »
Bin Laden is only a threat because Sockpuppet Juniorbush has failed to catch him.
Any voter with an IQ above room temperature should know this.

It's not fair, but it is also stupid.

Then again, so are many voters, especially those who voted for this despicable turkey in the first place.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

syrmark59

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »
"Is this fair"

IMO, it's pretty shameless, but it just might be effective campaigning.

The sole reason GWB was re-elected was that he wrapped himself in the US flag and the war- in that order.

The two cards I see the GOP playing heavily are the war (still) and in relation to it, immigration.

That's pretty much the extent of the GOP platform.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »
I don't see why it wouldn't be "fair". This is American politics after all. A better question might be, "Is this silly?" People on monkey bars and a guy getting hit with a stick, these are among the images in the commercial that are supposed to make us afraid. Is this really the best the Republican Party could do? If I were advising the DNC, I'd tell them to take the same images and video footage, and turn it around to use against the Republicans. If I were advising the Libertarian Party, I'd advise them to use the same images and video footage, and end with the message, "This is the what happens after decades of Democrat and Republican foreign policy. Isn't it time for a change?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

The_Professor

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »
Seems pretty shameless, but then again, is there shame in the political process anymore?

This election will come down to the central issue of the War and its implications. Both sides are well aware of this.

Let the Games begin, er, continue!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »

Would it be fair for the Democrats to remind us that Osama is still out there?

The_Professor

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »
Yes, I would think so.

This fact concerns me as well. We really should have "gotten" him.