Author Topic: Not-So-Great Generation  (Read 4502 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not-So-Great Generation
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
There is ample data on every specific precinct in the country if you doubt this.

And, BTW, I don't think anyone keeps records of who people voted for from election to election. So I don't see how you feel you can state that it's a fact that those who voted for Wallace later voted for Nixon, Ford, and Reagan.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Richpo64

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »
>>You can find out about Reagan and the EEOC by doing your own search at whatever site you choose.<<

Based on the unsourced nonsense you're spewing I obviously know more about this subject than you do. You make claims and do nothing to support them. I'm fully aware of the "southern strategy" accusations however, the EEOC under Reagan had nothing to do with this. How could it? The southern strategy is supposed to have been used by Nixon to get elected, not Reagan. Even if it was used by Reagan, how could he have used the EEOC prior to be elected?

Take a deep breath and get hold of yourself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
>>Here is what happened with EEOC under Reagan and afterward:...<<

I'm sorry, but you don't source this, and it reads like an opinion piece. Please try again.

==========================================================
I hate to tell you this, Richie, but I am not here to educate you. Mostly, all you post are opinion pieces. You can find out about Reagan and the EEOC by doing your own search at whatever site you choose. I am never going to change your Limbaugh-riddled mind, no matter what I do, anyway. The Southern Strategy was an invention of a clown named Richard Vigarie. I am not sure how he spelled his surname, but he worked forst fpor Wallace, then for Reagan.
If you have not heard of the Southern Strategy or Vigarie, then you must have spend=t the 80's under a rock.
Not my fault.

Try yourself.

Or don't.

Stay ignorant.

I don't care.

Richard is still around, and hates Presient Bush with a passion.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Richard_Viguerie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/19/AR2006051901770.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=DU8MyeGb_i8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:Richard+inauthor:A+inauthor:Viguerie&sig=i9KC9O8RLZVA6gk8Tu07L3AULPU#PPA54,M1
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:02:04 PM by Plane »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 01:10:38 PM »
Grassroots activist Richard A. Viguerie talks with Bill Moyers...
http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/viguerie.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »
And, BTW, I don't think anyone keeps records of who people voted for from election to election. So I don't see how you feel you can state that it's a fact that those who voted for Wallace later voted for Nixon, Ford, and Reagan.
===========================================================
You don't need to have names for this. No doubt there were a few that voted for McGovern that voted for Reagan, or a few that voted for Wallace that voted for Carter or Anderson. But when you are talking about elections, you are talking about groupos of voters, not individuals.

If in the 22nd precinct of Montgomery. 72% of the people voted for Wallace in 1968, and  73% voted for Reagan, that is a pretty good indicator than most of those who voted for Wallace voted for Reagan. If you add to this the nightly interviews of voters after the elections, it becomes even more obvious.

A pretty large majority of the voters in my 103rd precinct voted for John Kerry. It is known what percentage are White Anglo American, Black American, Cuban, other Latino and Haitian. From these figures one can predict pretty closely how the 2008 election is likely to go.

Read the Amanac of American Politics if you want a good, unbiased opinion of every state and Congressional district in the nation. It is superb in its detail and in its summaries of how people voted, how they are likely to vote, and why. It is rather expensive, but it is excellent, and no serious political junkie should be without it. I am not a ploitical junkie, which is why I don't have an up to date issue.

It would matter not one whit whether I produced information on this, as it would never convince Richpo or you. I might as well ask the Biblical rhetorical question "Why should I bother to put pearls before swine?"

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2007, 12:25:10 AM »
===========================================================
You don't need to have names for this. No doubt there were a few that voted for McGovern that voted for Reagan, or a few that voted for Wallace that voted for Carter or Anderson. But when you are talking about elections, you are talking about groupos of voters, not individuals.

If in the 22nd precinct of Montgomery. 72% of the people voted for Wallace in 1968, and  73% voted for Reagan, that is a pretty good indicator than most of those who voted for Wallace voted for Reagan. If you add to this the nightly interviews of voters after the elections, it becomes even more obvious.

A pretty large majority of the voters in my 103rd precinct voted for John Kerry. It is known what percentage are White Anglo American, Black American, Cuban, other Latino and Haitian. From these figures one can predict pretty closely how the 2008 election is likely to go.

Read the Amanac of American Politics if you want a good, unbiased opinion of every state and Congressional district in the nation. It is superb in its detail and in its summaries of how people voted, how they are likely to vote, and why. It is rather expensive, but it is excellent, and no serious political junkie should be without it. I am not a ploitical junkie, which is why I don't have an up to date issue.

It would matter not one whit whether I produced information on this, as it would never convince Richpo or you. I might as well ask the Biblical rhetorical question "Why should I bother to put pearls before swine?"

Th point being that Wallace didn't get 75% of anywhere the White Suprimacist voteing block surprised all wih its wimpishness.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »
Th point being that Wallace didn't get 75% of anywhere the White Suprimacist voteing block surprised all wih its wimpishness.
===================================================================
If you study specific precincts, you will see where Wallace got really huge margins in excess of this. This was mentioned in the aforementioned Almanac of American Politics. I don't think everyone who voted for Wallace was a racist, but statewide he didn't get 75% anywhere. In any event, most of the truly diehard, cross-burning, lynch mob forming racists have died of old age.

Even Jesse Helms, who called all Negroes by the same name (I think it was 'George'), was only a rather bland second-generation racist. And he is with Jesus now as well. Maybe.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 06:16:29 AM »

If you study specific precincts, ...

How does one do this?